Rory

What is your most controversial opinion?

To be fair, as an ex heavy user of cannabis I can safely say that it is a toxic and poisonous substance, especially in terms of mental health (but also physical health as well). I’m glad it’s not widely available or legal because the fewer people that have access to such a dangerous drug the better. The way it changes people is frightening. Anyone who isn’t clouded by their own drug addiction should be able to see that clearly, and anyone that thinks weed is a good thing should look into the harm it causes.

20 hours ago, Jak said:

To be fair, as an ex heavy user of cannabis I can safely say that it is a toxic and poisonous substance, especially in terms of mental health (but also physical health as well). I’m glad it’s not widely available or legal because the fewer people that have access to such a dangerous drug the better. The way it changes people is frightening. Anyone who isn’t clouded by their own drug addiction should be able to see that clearly, and anyone that thinks weed is a good thing should look into the harm it causes.

Yes weed isn't good for you but saying it's as harmful as you made it out to be just goes a bit too far imo.

If you use it in moderation (i.e. in the evening when you just want to chill and watch a movie) and don't become a wake and bake person, there's no real "harm" that it causes. This is especially true when you compare it to other legal drugs such as alcohol and tobacco, which have a much worse impact on your physical health. 

Your personal opinion of weed has clearly been influenced by some bad experiences, which as you stated consisted of heavy use. I have personally been through stages where I smoked quite a lot, and yes I did feel it had a harmful impact on my life. Since then I smoke only in the evening when I got all of my tasks for the day done and I don't need to be productive anymore. 

You have to look at the problem of legalisation objectively. Do the harms of legalisation outweigh the benefits? 

I don't want to make this post too long so I won't list all my arguments, but I want to leave you with this:

I believe all drugs no mater how harmful to ones person should be legalised.

If someone in the UK wants to buy heroine, cocaine, fentanyl, etc. they can. Drugs are now more accessible and cheaper than they have ever been. The war on drug has failed and any money and time spent towards has been and will continue to be a huge waste of resources. If there's demand for something there will be supply, that is just simple economics. Governments around the world continue to tackle the problem by restricting supply, but that strategy has failed and instead I think we should focus on tackling the demand side instead. Therefore, I believe we should legalise and regulate all drugs. This would ensure that all drugs are not laced with something else as most drug deaths are caused by the drug dealers lacing drugs with harmful substance or users not knowing how to be safe while taking these subsatnces. The tax money can also be used to inform and help those addicted to the substances. This has been shown to drive down drug use significantly (i.e. anti-tobacco campaign in the U.S.) .

I know what your argument will be 'legalisation will increase the use of drugs', but evidence actually suggests otherwise. Not only will children have a harder time obtaining drugs, cannabis legalisation in Colorado has actually lead to a decrease in cannabis smokers (Source).

Tl;dr - prohibition doesn't work, only solution is legalisation of all drugs with a strong information and support campaign

Edited by Thunder

While being a correct and reasonable position most who claim to be agnostic are uncomfortable with the idea of being wrong and when not even discussing god will often fall back on a "we can never know so you have to consider my viewpoint reasonable" argument when talking about things they either don't understand or are uncomfortable with. A few of you have done this to me once or twice and you'll probably notice I try to avoid actually arguing with you anymore outside of when I'm just joke arguing/raging in channels full of people.

tl;dr Agnosticism is a cop out for stupid people who conflate being sceptic with being intelligent.