Rory

What is your most controversial opinion?

Religion is a luxury we give to the idiotic to take advantage of the weak and vulnerable in our society. We cannot allow it to continue.

All countries should join the commonwealth realm, accepting the British royal family as their own.

The countries of the British isles should join together as a true United Kingdom.

If we can achieve this then we would be a few steps closer to world peace.

Edited by Skeff

1 hour ago, Eagle said:

Does that include rape victims?

No for cases such as rape or the womans life is in serious danger I think its okay.

As long as the reason is ethical by all means go ahead.

Only response i'm giving on the matter.

12 hours ago, Rory said:

Get real. Fuck me. There's a reason why my whole family lives in the US/London. Opportunity was nearly non existent for a Catholic 30/40 years ago.

The level of violence inspired the peace process. 

No I'm referring to the original rising. It was already fucked by conflict 30/40 years ago. What I'm trying to say is none of the troubles were necessary if the Irish people kept pushing for a democratic freedom. I'm well aware of the discrimination that happened against Catholics in the North.

36 minutes ago, IrishChamp said:

No I'm referring to the original rising. It was already fucked by conflict 30/40 years ago. What I'm trying to say is none of the troubles were necessary if the Irish people kept pushing for a democratic freedom. I'm well aware of the discrimination that happened against Catholics in the North.

You can't conflate "There was a longer, more difficult peace process that MIGHT'VE worked" with "Violence wasn't necessary". If a group of people are being oppressed and discriminated against then it is their right to take up arms against their oppressors.

Edited by Chris Lord

9 hours ago, Brandon said:

No for cases such as rape or the womans life is in serious danger I think its okay.

if you can't defend your position it's either because you're unsure whether you're actually right or you're scared you'll sound stupid.

Edited by Chris Lord

9 hours ago, Brandon said:

Geniune questions here because I am curious to know your answers and why that’s the case (no judgment):

Woman raped and wants to get rid of foetus because of the reminder of the incident but otherwise has no reason she can’t support a child: Y/N

14 year old girl who was not sexually educated and so did not know better (does not want a baby and will have no reasonable young adult life): Y/N

27 year old woman who is completely unable to financially support a child (wants one, but knows that she simply can’t afford it): Y/N

27 year old woman who is following one of any methods of birth control you wish to pick, the method fails and she becomes pregnant. She can support herself financially but has absolutely no desire or interest to be a parent whatsoever: Y/N