Rory

What is your most controversial opinion?

1 minute ago, ★ Chus said:

Difference between being prescribed weed and being prescribed medicine? You can't just go around and get any medicine whenever you want why should weed be any different?

Yea mate totally hard to stockpile paracetamol, not like you can't buy it from most shops. 

There's a black market for both Medicine and Weed, so I really don't see your point here.

(Also there's a little thing called REGULATION)

45 minutes ago, ★ Chus said:

I honestly can't tell if this is a bait or not? What are you arguing for here? What qualities do weed, alcohol, and tobacco have that compare with medication? Like none of these are going to help you when you have an infection? Medication can be hooked on ill admit but it is so vital in many peoples lives such as mine to keeping either them or their family alive. +Medications saving a lot more people than its killing anyways :hmm:

I've smoked weed to help with depression and anxiety and It's probably stopped me from doing regrettable things. I've also taken doctor prescribed drugs and the effect that had on me was worse than before I took the medication (Sickness, Not being able to sleep). never known anyone to die from weed itself? I'm sure there is cases out there but if we looked at the numbers I'm sure it wouldn't be weed itself but the person smoking it's actions that cause the death

jZyKj50.png

On 11/12/2017 at 19:09, ★ Chus said:

Weed should be illegal.

Gonna get back to the point here because this spiraled into a shit-show

As people have said previously, making it illegal only fuels the black market and drug cartels, resulting in higher death counts and more suffering overall.

The UK ran a 4 year trial of heroin-assisted treatment and found that it reduced street-drug use and crime among participants, with it now being institutionalized within the health services in Switzerland, Germany, Netherlands and Denmark.

Of course, this wouldn't be economically viable for every drug out there, but regardless of the number of rules you place against these substances - if people want it or are addicted to it, they will get it, despite all it might cost them.

I do think there should be an age limit for it if it were to be legalized though.

Just now, Sniffles said:

I've smoked weed to help with depression and anxiety and It's probably stopped me from doing regrettable things. I've also taken doctor prescribed drugs and the effect that had on me was worse than before I took the medication (Sickness, Not being able to sleep). never known anyone to die from weed itself? I'm sure there is cases out there but if we looked at the numbers I'm sure it wouldn't be weed itself but the person smoking it's actions that cause the death

Not going to deny that it helps, especially for people with depression that makes sense and you are right in saying that nobody really dies from the weed its self but what it makes you do that kills you. Its the same with alcohol it's not the Alcohol that's going likely to kill you but what you do under the influence. 

Just now, ★ Chus said:

Not going to deny that it helps, especially for people with depression that makes sense and you are right in saying that nobody really dies from the weed its self but what it makes you do that kills you. Its the same with alcohol it's not the Alcohol that's going likely to kill you but what you do under the influence. 

I drink pepsi and energy drinks to give me a boost of energy but if I died under the influence of that I very much doubt you'd be wanting to get rid of them;) you can't argue the point that weed is bad due to how it influences people but then not also with equal hatred disown anything else that may (even if it's a tiny percent much like weed) lead people to death or harm

The only argument Chus really used was "it's a gateway drug" and he's right in that. Thing is, if you do not understand the difference between something like XTC and weed, the world is probably better off without you (don't take this too literal).

For me, I've been smoking the ganja on the daily for two years now. I am still a functioning human being, smarter than most of my peers and have not abused any other drug ever (have done some more definitely, imo drugs are used for brain exploration). The fact that smoking is bad for my health is something I have to deal with.

3 minutes ago, ★ Chus said:

Its the same with alcohol it's not the Alcohol that's going likely to kill you but what you do under the influence. 

This is just not the same. The fact that people think that every drug makes you make stupid discissions is something society makes you believe. If anything alcohol should be illegal, rather than weed.

give me a fucking minute to reply Jesus:glad: 

7 minutes ago, Eagle said:

but regardless of the number of rules you place against these substances - if people want it or are addicted to it, they will get it, despite all it might cost them.

Surely if it was illegal it would lower the chance that people want it and lower the number of people addicted as a consequence no?^

10 minutes ago, Eagle said:

The UK ran a 4 year trial of heroin-assisted treatment and found that it reduced street-drug use and crime among participants, with it now being institutionalized within the health services in Switzerland, Germany, Netherlands and Denmark.

Read some of the Wikipedia article and all I picked up is that they are giving the addicts their heroin fix for free so they stop fighting other people for it because they already have it. Like what? If you have an easily digestible explanation for what this is/what it achieves would be greatly appreciated :/ (that came off kind bm but could you actually explain?)

7 minutes ago, Finnley said:

The only argument Chus really used was "it's a gateway drug" and he's right in that. Thing is, if you do not understand the difference between something like XTC and weed, the world is probably better off without you (don't take this too literal).

For me, I've been smoking the ganja on the daily for two years now. I am still a functioning human being, smarter than most of my peers and have not abused any other drug ever (have done some more definitely, imo drugs are used for brain exploration). The fact that smoking is bad for my health is something I have to deal with.

You claim to have never been affected by the negative side effects of what weed can (NOT WILL) do therefore only speaking from a pov which has only had a positive experience is pretty biased. Surely if you had smoked weed and gotten so hooked that you needed one every hour and it started having a detrimental effect on your life your view would be different? Yes, you may be a functional human being even though you smoke weed but others may not be? Does that make sense and seem fair? I'm genuinely curious about your opinion on how it may affect others in a state where they struggle to control their urges considering you can control yours.

18 minutes ago, ★ Chus said:

Its the same with alcohol it's not the Alcohol that's going likely to kill you but what you do under the influence.

Alcohol destroys your liver and kidneys,i think it will eventually kill you in the long run.But people only think short term.

Also chus your points are just shit.

20 minutes ago, ★ Chus said:

Not going to deny that it helps, especially for people with depression that makes sense and you are right in saying that nobody really dies from the weed its self

here you are legit saying its good.

21 minutes ago, ★ Chus said:

but what it makes you do that kills you.

then you just hit it with this stupid statement.Can I ask what does it make you do that kills you?

16 minutes ago, Finnley said:

This is just not the same. The fact that people think that every drug makes you make stupid discissions is something society makes you believe. If anything alcohol should be illegal, rather than weed.

I agree with you. Alcohol is worse than weed and it would be a class A drug and highly illegal if it weren't such a staple of human culture we have had it for far too long for it to ever be removed. I don't have any first-hand experience on if weed affects the way you act. Maby there's a study on this? Who knows, I'm actually pretty curious so would be cool to look for a study :/

4 minutes ago, Extinct ツ said:

then you just hit it with this stupid statement.Can I ask what does it make you do that kills you?

https://gyazo.com/6905e145c4cedb234d111b579e3d12a0

4 minutes ago, Extinct ツ said:

here you are legit saying its good.

Never said it was completely bad.... I only said IMO that the bad outways the good

5 minutes ago, Extinct ツ said:

Alcohol destroys your liver and kidneys,i think it will eventually kill you in the long run.But people only think short term.

In the quote what I meant was that you are probably more likely to die to the short-term risks than the long-term ones. But that's only if we are speaking about being remotely responsible. Such as only getting drunk once a week or something. In reality, its a lot different I admit as people who die in accidents relating to alcohol usually aren't responsible drinkers anyway, therefore it's irrelevant as they are going to die due to alcohol one way or another. Another thing to add on to why alcohol should also be illegal.

Alcohol, A class drug. Now we've officially crossed the line into retard town.

Just imaging some guy in an alley injecting himself with Smirnoff.

2 minutes ago, ★ Chus said:

qts4oEm.png

Why is no one looking into Rouge Reggae Sharks, that's 2.5 million results!!!

Edited by Danny

6 minutes ago, ★ Chus said:

You claim to have never been affected by the negative side effects of what weed can (NOT WILL) do therefore only speaking from a pov which has only had a positive experience is pretty biased.

Never claimed that. I just said I am still a functioning human being and smarter than my peers.

6 minutes ago, ★ Chus said:

I'm genuinely curious about your opinion on how it may affect others in a state where they struggle to control their urges considering you can control yours.

I can't control it, I am a genuine addict. Most of the time I have no motivation to do anything. I do not have a passion next to playing games. The thing is, eventhough that all sounds incredibly bad, I am still a happy person. I have loads of friends, have a job and I go out clubbin' every now and then, so I still (somewhat) have a life. In 2018 I want to go back to school again and weed is definitely going to fuck me if I combine those two things, so I asked for help with a detox.

Weed is just so much different than most other drugs and alcohol, but people deem it as the same because it's labeled as a drug. I literally smoke joints while driving, sue me. I can guarantee you that I have never put myself in more danger because of it. Nobody in my environment even notices I smoke. Even my best friend (who is also a stoneman and ganja expert ;)) can not see the difference between normal me and blazed-up me. 

It's just hard to explain, but weed doesn't make you act like a monkey for most people. Of course there is always extremes, but you can't base rules off of extreme cases.