Rory

What is your most controversial opinion?

31 minutes ago, Pasickle said:

the were laughing wdym

Ye.. I guess these were the bad parts of the video. But for real, can you truly feel pain for a victim you don't know and have no connection with at all. For example, when there is a terrorist attack somewhere and you know innocent people have died, do you feel sad? Yes, we all pretend like we are all in pain, but only the people directly involved and negatively influenced by it, feel true pain. 

I think it was a bad move to show his lack of empathy to the rest of the world, but on the other end, people should stop pretending like they feel the same pain as the people who are actually in pain.

+ The internet is making more jokes about it than one can possibly imagine, only difference between that and Logan Paul's jokes is that the little kids are anonymous on the internet and Logan Paul is, y'know, kind of a big dog.

upon reflection: Yes there might be people who have so much empathy they would actually feel the same (because it COULD be them in that situation). But that would probably be a tiny portion of all people. Also must be a pretty sad life and is not an ideal character trait.

Edited by Finnley

1 hour ago, Finnley said:

Ye.. I guess these were the bad parts of the video. But for real, can you truly feel pain for a victim you don't know and have no connection with at all. For example, when there is a terrorist attack somewhere and you know innocent people have died, do you feel sad? Yes, we all pretend like we are all in pain, but only the people directly involved and negatively influenced by it, feel true pain. 

I think it was a bad move to show his lack of empathy to the rest of the world, but on the other end, people should stop pretending like they feel the same pain as the people who are actually in pain.

+ The internet is making more jokes about it than one can possibly imagine, only difference between that and Logan Paul's jokes is that the little kids are anonymous on the internet and Logan Paul is, y'know, kind of a big dog.

upon reflection: Yes there might be people who have so much empathy they would actually feel the same (because it COULD be them in that situation). But that would probably be a tiny portion of all people. Also must be a pretty sad life and is not an ideal character trait.

So you're basically arguing that it's fine to laugh at people killing themselves because you don't know them and you can't feel the same pain as them? People don't chose to have sympathy for others, it also makes no difference to who it is making the joke... Logal Paul or some kid behind a screen, it's still pretty fucked up. Just because there's a larger reaction from someone more well known, it makes no difference at all.

I don't know anyone that was a slave, but I wouldn't make jokes about it slavery... even if I don't feel the same pain that they did. 

Basically you're trying to argue that no one should give a fuck because he's just some youtuber trying to get more views. Realistically you're right, and there's no actual reason for anyone to be overwhelmingly upset about a video, even if it is pretty fucked up.

3 minutes ago, Hobbsyy said:

So you're basically arguing that it's fine to laugh at people killing themselves because you don't know them and you can't feel the same pain as them?

No, not at all. I am saying that you will never experience the emotional pain that a person directly involved would feel. Of course you don't want these things to happen. Let me ask you; did you shed a tear when there was people dying in America because of the huricane? Nah me neither... Did I feel bad? Yes, I don't want those things to happen to people, because I know it could've been me over there losing my family, but, y'know it isn't me over there, so I lived those days like I would live any others.

9 minutes ago, Hobbsyy said:

I don't know anyone that was a slave, but I wouldn't make jokes about it slavery... even if I don't feel the same pain that they did.

This is dumb, tragedies could and should be joked about. Maybe not with the parties involved in the tragedy, but I love me some 9/11 jokes and whatnot. Fairly certain you're the type of guy that would tell a guy to 'kys' after a bad joke or something... would you say that to a suicidal?

12 minutes ago, Hobbsyy said:

Basically you're trying to argue that no one should give a fuck because he's just some youtuber trying to get more views

I am still asking myself why I would give a fuck, because like I said before, I didn't see much wrong with the video. He could have probably covered his flawed personality a little better with some more editing (mainly removing some footage), but if you look at him like he is just a random guy, he didn't have any controversial reaction nor is he a psychopath or some shit like that.

40 minutes ago, Finnley said:

No, not at all. I am saying that you will never experience the emotional pain that a person directly involved would feel. Of course you don't want these things to happen. Let me ask you; did you shed a tear when there was people dying in America because of the huricane? Nah me neither... Did I feel bad? Yes, I don't want those things to happen to people, because I know it could've been me over there losing my family, but, y'know it isn't me over there, so I lived those days like I would live any others.

No I wouldn't shed a tear, for the same reason that anyone else wouldn't. People don't cry because they feel bad for others all of the time, thinking about  people dying because of a hurricane can be emotional, clearly you feel differently lol. Of course you're going to carry on your everyday life because you are not directly effected, doesn't mean that you shouldn't care about it though. 

48 minutes ago, Finnley said:

he didn't have any controversial reaction nor is he a psychopath or some shit like that.

Laughing at people killing themselves is still pretty controversial. I'm not the type of person to be upset about a 9/11 joke, for the same reasons I'm not affected by some random person online laughing at a suicide. But many people do disagree with it and I'm simply arguing that they still should be. He could've handled his reaction better.

8 minutes ago, Hobbsyy said:

Laughing at people killing themselves

This is not what it was. Psychology is way more complex. I don't want to really go deeper into this, all I am saying still is; emotions are like your genes and appearance, there is a part that shows(phenotype) and parts that don't show(genotype), because of the complex psychology behind it.

anology might be faulty, but I am pretty sure you get the point

Edited by Finnley

honor me if your part of the Lo GANG

xD dab on h8ers 

logan was right

Just to clear something up: I am not a Logan Paul fanboy, however I do admire him. He is an insanely intelligent and driven man. He is has got business in combination with entertainment figured out and I could only dream of having the same dedication/mindset as someone like him.

Also his vines were hilarious.

20 hours ago, Finnley said:

This is not what it was. Psychology is way more complex. I don't want to really go deeper into this, all I am saying still is; emotions are like your genes and appearance, there is a part that shows(phenotype) and parts that don't show(genotype), because of the complex psychology behind it.

????

giphy.gif