66 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer?

• Teamspeak
    • Discord
  2. 2. Which would you prefer OB to use?

• Teamspeak
    • Discord
    • Both
  3. 3. Would you join an OB Discord if we had one along side Teamspeak?

• No - I'd only use Teamspeak
    • Yes - I'd try to use both
    • Yes - I'd want to switch to Discord fully

33 minutes ago, IrishChamp said:

You can be some new kid talking shit to the OGs of the community. It creates a much better experience when you force this new kid into a voice channel full of people in their 20s. The kid shits himself and is put into his place by the abuse he inevitably receives. 

This^

When I'm in Discord servers i usually find myself just typing in #Generals and never joining unless someone asks me to, personally i think Teamspeak is better since it focuses on the part we all TS for the Speak part.

Although the Discord app on mobile is nice though not gonna lie

Edited by Akame™

It's honestly surprising that a community that is solely based around voice chat is so resistant to a better and cheaper (Free) product.

I've changed my mind about discord, it's almost objective at this point that it does teamspeaks job better. 

19 hours ago, Finnley said:

ugh, this again...

Discord is great. It really is.

but.

Our teamspeak is just factually lit af.

We are never going to have both for obvious reasons and like mentioned before, Teamspeak is just better for our community. No need for a change, especially not with all this skepticism. I know, I know... Change is good and inevitable blablabla. We don't care, fuck Discord, succumb to TS.

By lit af do you mean there are 4/5 separate groups which don't actually integrate between each other?

6 minutes ago, VENGA BUS said:

Chris is right. If we just force everyone to speak together in the same channel, then it'll be a really great inclusive place. It's not like most people just wouldn't join, because there are smaller rooms as people like having conversations rather than shouting matches.

Fuck discord.

That's absolutely not what Discord is. Functionally it's exactly the same as Teamspeak except you don't have voice channel specific text channel, which you get raged at in ts for using anyway.

Figured I'd chip in and have my once in a blue moon post.

I use both when I do still come on PC, though often I find myself using Discord as an info hub with general open chat while I use TS for more frequent voice chat and direct conversation.

@Chris Lord You might say people get raged at for using text channel, but that doesn't stop it being a means of communicating for when they initially join and are unable/too shy to speak. On top of that, don't underestimate the ability to send links that are only relevant to the group of people in your voice chat. Either you have to make a new group, send individual PMs or put it in an open channel that doesn't really suit the link at hand as it is seen by text chat only viewers on Discord.

TS also has features such as priority speaker that make managing events or coordinating groups of people on voice chat a lot easier.

@Fxden I'd disagree with that though and flip it. TeamSpeak is better for OB because of not being 'larger', that isn't to demean size or intent to expand but rather that OB has always preferred it's player base to be more tight knit and together. Discord allows for rapid expansion but at the expense of providing ample opportunity to be involved without being integrated.

On top of all that, OB is an old dog with a preference to a system it has been using for years - it won't change unless it absolutely has to and even then it will grumble xoxo

Edited by UnSeen

3. Would you join an OB Discord if we had one along side Teamspeak?

I don't understand why OB would need both teamspeak and discord? There's nothing wrong with teamspeak in my opinion. I see no reason for OB to change from TS to discord at the moment.