Gunstar

ESL Outbreak Summer 2016

4 hours ago, DannyS said:

Shame Penguin single handedly put COFM into the grave.

Literally the ONLY reason they won.

There's no other possible explanation.

:grandma:

LZqGD4i.gif

I know right! :D He only went 4th top fragger in that game. Like he mattered SOO much man.

Also to the 2 kids bitching about it, if it continues, maybe Ill just add Penguin against ur team next game :D

And penguin, I didn't mean that :P I still love you. kind of. Maybe when Thunder goes on holiday next week, you can replace him :grin:

Edited by Gunstar

10 minutes ago, Gunstar said:

I know right! :D He only went 4th top fragger in that game. Like he mattered SOO much man.

Also to the 2 kids bitching about it, if it continues, maybe Ill just add Penguin against ur team next game :D

And penguin, I didn't mean that :P I still love you. kind of. Maybe when Thunder goes on holiday next week, you can replace him :grin:

Its not his skill level i have a problem with, it's his terrible memes

I don't think anyone is saying penguin single-handedly won them the game, at least I didn't, I didn't even complain publicly, not sure what twitch chat was saying though.

It's annoying that penguin was clearly an unfair replacement however, especially when we were already massive underdogs; someone told me that replacements are meant to be slightly less skilled than the original, because obviously it's the team's fault if their player can't show up to a match that was scheduled, and shouldn't be given even more of an advantage after they delayed a match. Just like this map was rescheduled for me, which I'm grateful for, if it wasn't rescheduled I wouldn't expect someone like Twist or Jgreg to step in for me, I trust it'd be a lower ranked supreme, high skilled LEM player.

Watching Rumple go 15-18 vs toby and strogglok's team (no offence) and then having penguin jump onto x box and quick scope hs me in a 2v2 retake, be the only player to dodge my long pop flash and insta hs me on the first gun round, fly out a short and awp hs me through the box on the second gun round wasn't the funnest of moments, but I admit we'd probably have still lost.

F.Y.I he was 3rd on the team (by quite a margin) - http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/278478115352074923/109FF6ABFC23669B5295AA925EC300AFE7E4827B/  - and no offence to Robert or Thunder but as I stated just briefly before about some of those moments ^ personally he impact fragged me a LOT more on the big rounds.

I'm not complaining or asking for anything, I'm having fun with my team and enjoying the tournament a lot, certainly the best organised event this community has seen. Hopefully we can grab another map win, just thought I'd address whatever meme has been produced following that match.

Edit - I also appreciate the difficulty in having to find a suitable replacement in time tho

Edited by Lewis

While I did not see the match I have to agree with Lewis in the fact that when replacements have been discussed before the people who have been suggested have always been much much worse than the person they are replacing. I guess people can turn up sometimes but penguin is a pretty good player and he dosent seem to be of the same skill difference to the guy he was standing in for than other matches. 

To be honest no one from our team publicly complained about Penguin's replacement - I would personally say Penguin is a better player + his chemistry with Thunder makes him a far superior asset to that team, but that wasn't the reason we lost as has already been said.

By player skills we should have lost anyway, we were underdogs, but we got stomped because of me. No other reason, I got out fragged by Conor when I'm supposed to be the 2nd best player in the team. I would put it out there that I was on the edge of puking up during the entire match and I absolutely despise dust2 (which wp to their vetos, clearly spied out our practice sesh), but they are just excuses and I don't want that - I want to be better for the next game. If I can 30 bomb in games vs LEMs and top frag in a duoq game with Lewis filled by Supremes then it's clearly my fault if I'm then getting out aimed by Hades in a tournament of OB gathers.

I let you down my fishermen, I stooped to a CS:GO level low, but now that I've actually finished school I will have the time to make up for it. I promise we shall return with a fresh set of baits, we shall return with new sturdy fishing rods and we shall hook all of the fishes that dare to try slip by us.
*tear runs down cheek

2 hours ago, UnSeen said:

I let you down my fishermen, I stooped to a CS:GO level low, but now that I've actually finished school I will have the time to make up for it. I promise we shall return with a fresh set of baits, we shall return with new sturdy fishing rods and we shall hook all of the fishes that dare to try slip by us.
*tear runs down cheek

As far as i know you play on a really high Edpi. You should definitely try lowering it quite alot. If it's hard to get used to in 1 time, i would say lower your sens every other week until you got a good sens. I promise you, you will see big improvement after grinding a bit.