Gunstar

ESL Outbreak Summer 2016

11 hours ago, Blyss said:

Oh cool, the one team I thought might be even for us now has 3 supremes, an LE and some proclaimed nova who's actually mg1 who took 23 rounds off me

glhf

Update on our great underdog quest

Unseen = 65

Simi = 68
Thunder = 73
Nick = 73
Fluxy = 74
Twist = 74
Oldmike = 75
Jojo = 76

Edited by Lewis

Just going to post a few bits about the 5V5 Matches, mainly to the people who are in a team and will be competing in the tournament.

All rules will be official competitive / ESL Competitive rules set. Main things to point our is:

Time Per Round: 1 Minute 55 Seconds (mp_roundtime 1.92)
Freeze Time: 12 Seconds (mp_freezetime 12)
Bomb Time: 40 Seconds (mp_c4timer 40)

Overtime Rounds: 3 Rounds Per Half (6 Total per OT)
Overtime Cash: $10,000 Each Half (resets to $10,000 at HT) - You will still gain cash as normal at the end of the round.

You will be allowed to have Technical pauses for issues like game crashes etc however, if the issue takes too long to resolve we will have to move on with the game. You also get ONE tactical pause lasting TWO minutes. (You can call a pause by any teammate doing !pause in the chat which is then engaged at the next freeze time). Any team using technical pauses as tactical pauses will suffer consequences to results or scores. - You can also !pause during the 1v1 tournament too for technical reasons (e.g. major lag spikes, reconnect required or reasonable issues).

In case of any crashes, time outs or more, we can offer a "round reset" (which has been seen in Major competitions) by stopping the match and re-loading settings back to the previous round (which clears settings and data and then reloads it to the end of the previous round). We will explain how this works if the time is required for this to happen however.

If there are any issues you are aware of for your match(s), please do message one of us (Myself, Gunstar or Substick) so we can deal with the situation with at least 24 hours notice. As mentioned before, non-showers will suffer consequences for the team & their self without a valid reason.

Edited by Gunstar

11 minutes ago, Skill said:

Will I still be able to play others matches still

Yes you can.

People not showing up to 2 games or more without notifying the event hosts will probably get banned and kicked out of the tournament though for wasting a spot and time.

19 minutes ago, Blyss said:

Can someone add a tab to the ESL page with the schedules? It's rather annoying to have to search on a 9 page thread :p

Will do If I get the time, however, the schedules are up on the first post and page of this thread and will continue to be updated there.

Edited by Gunstar

Reminder for Today's matches:

Thursday
7:00pm - Simi vs Nick

Simi, Mitch, Brad, Young Gerald, Storm vs Nick, fgt, Captain Jama, Vemix, Brawler
8:00pm - Jojo vs Thunder

Jojo, Lupha, HeadHunter, Strogglok, Toby vs Thunder(?), Rumple, Robert, Skill(?), Hades

(?) - Authorised Absence after notifying Game Host so a Sub will be provided.

This tournament isn't about Rank or which team has the most rank points or best players. I promise you, the team that is the most organised and players who show up for matches will have the best chances. Looking forward to kick off the 5v5s tonight, please be on time at least 15 mins before your match.

Edited by Gunstar

16 hours ago, Jamie said:

Goodluck to my team on Friday sorry i cant be there, pc dead.

15 hours ago, Stiqqy said:

Pretty certain i won't be able to finish this tournie, going away in two weeks.

Well isn't this a good start for our team :sniff: 

1v1 Schedule

Tuesday 5th:
7:00pm jgreg vs Oldmike
7:30pm Jojo vs Simi
8:00pm Sovman vs Jamie

Tuesday 12th:
7:00pm Liutvi Mestan vs Danny
7:30pm Nick vs Kriss
8:00pm Robert vs Fluxy

Reminder for the 5v5 matches today:
Friday
7:00pm - The Tyre Slashers (Nick) vs Ich habe die Input Lag (Oldmike)  
8:00pm - Krisstian Dragon's Asian Stiqqy Ikky balls (Jamie) vs Lupha's A Virgin (Jojo)

Also, after seeing the organisation of some teams I nearly killed myself. I want to highlight a few points that I will be taking more strictly from now:

- Arrive 15 mins before the match please. The times are for when the match starts, not when you can come strolling in late like it's nothing.
- It is the CAPTAIN's responsibility to get your team members together and tell them about the day and time of the matches. Event hosts will not be going around contacting all 40 of u. - A lot of you have done a good job and a lot of you have done this poorly.
If you need a sub, please contact us in advance (at least 24 hours before your match) and we will try to find a suitable replacement. We will not be giving you a sub last minute. 

Good luck to everyone whos playing today. Also, looking for backup streamers, if you can stream please contact me. Thanks.

More info in the ESL Outbreak Page.

Edited by Gunstar