Gunstar

ESL Outbreak Summer 2016

5v5 Tournament
Maps:  Active Duty (Inferno over Nuke)

Teams: (Will update when they pick tam names)9c92397a8567476fac9777c5856f7036.png

5v5

Rules:
- We will NOT be changing the schedule, you have signed up to be available on those days and times and it is nearly impossible to satisfy all 10 of you and you have to understand that.
- It is the CAPTAIN's responsibility to get your team members together and tell them about the day and time of the match. Event hosts will not be going around contacting all 40 of u. If you ahven't added everyone to your friend's list, you are a bad captain and are already looking to fuck yourself and team up.
- If you need a sub, please contact us in advance (at least 24 hours before your match) and we will try to find a suitable replacement. 
- If you show up to the match with 4 members, we will not give you a sub, we will just make you play as 4v5. If you show up with less, we will consider giving the other team a auto-win.
-  The group stages work. Each team plays each other twice in the group stages, top 2 teams move on to Semis from each group. If there is a tie, the team with the best Rounds difference will be chosen. The finals will be BO3, the semis are yet to be decided whether BO3 or BO1. 

1v1 Tournament

Maps(in order played):
 aim_redline , awp_india_gm , aim_p2000

PLEASE CHECK THE ESL PAGE TO SEE LATEST SCHEDULES
(Rest of the schedule will be added soon - If you cant make it let an event host know in advance e.g 24hrs notice, if you tell us only an hour before the match we wont think about changing it

Edited by Gunstar

On 5/31/2016 at 20:39, Veng3nce said:

Depending on the server I may have bad ping while I'm away, would it be possible to test the ping before hand to see if its worth playing? If not I'll just do commentating

Sorted.

Edited by MrGibbyGibson

1 hour ago, YoungGerald said:

Is this event first come first serve or member priority? (not sure if listed  on the post)

It will not have the normal priority orders that Outbreak events have and thus anybody can really join, it doesn't really matter if you are first to sign the thread since we are fairly sure there will be plenty of space for a lot of the people to join.  Obviously if we feel that somebody isn't going to attend or we simply don't know the person in the slightest we will probably not let you into the event.  Don't worry with regards to that last bit, it's mainly for random people suddenly showing up and trying to join the tournament.

Just now, Substick said:

It will not have the normal priority orders that Outbreak events have and thus anybody can really join, it doesn't really matter if you are first to sign the thread since we are fairly sure there will be plenty of space for a lot of the people to join.  Obviously if we feel that somebody isn't going to attend or we simply don't know the person in the slightest we will probably not let you into the event.  Don't worry with regards to that last bit, it's mainly for random people suddenly showing up and trying to join the tournament.

Ah thank you for explaining that.

6 minutes ago, Twiixtor said:

Will the Video Editor be provided with the footage to edit or will he/she have to record it themselves?

We should be streaming the matches so in theory you will be given the footage.  This might change though for now that is our plan.

https://nightdev.com/twitchdown/

You can use this to download the Twitch VOD's.

8 hours ago, Lurker said:

Any plans on expanding to other gamemodes? Or is that still too much of a risk?

Atm we are sticking to competitive 5v5 and 1v1 tournaments, however feel free to suggest other ones for the future.

Other game modes???? Wut. 

Is this guy a Hostage rescue fan or something. 

Anyway, how many video editors are you looking for preferably + how many videos are you wanting to do? If you only want one largish highlight reel at the end then I would recommend just choosing one person, collabs would be messy AF imo. If you wanted like, Highlight reels of key stages, like groups, then quarters, semis and final then I would say you 100% need more than one or two people, also would be intresting to see what different people would chose to do with the source material :) 

1 hour ago, Jamie said:

I will legit kick up a fuss if im put on a team with blocked people.

Oh god.

2 hours ago, Fluxy said:

Anyway, how many video editors are you looking for preferably + how many videos are you wanting to do? If you only want one largish highlight reel at the end then I would recommend just choosing one person, collabs would be messy AF imo. If you wanted like, Highlight reels of key stages, like groups, then quarters, semis and final then I would say you 100% need more than one or two people, also would be intresting to see what different people would chose to do with the source material :) 

Shall keep that noted, thanks Fluxy. Looking to see who is interested in being a Video Editor at the moment and will decide within the future.