Sign in to follow this  
M1nt-l0u

It's over.

When an OB thread actually gets some actual responses for a bit ?

Just to Wist and Venga's posts, that I think present the issues of most of OB stretching further back than even when I was HA but also the way most of OB have been looking at it.

I completely agree that there is a divide and you have to consider about uniting the community somehow and/or letting one group take the lead, but you both address the fact to solve this you have to find a server platform that fits and I'm asking you if there really is single one that fits like we used to have? It's good to realise the overall problems but no one has ever been able to actually suggest game platforms that would solve it. Furthermore, whatever suggestions are put forward in a public thread or channel often just put pressure on staff to oblige rather than make their own decision, work on it and set something up.

There is a lack of fresh games atm (imo at least) that allow for community building that the core(s) of this community would actually keep returning to for an extended period of time. Which leaves you either to focus on a game mode that a small minority of the community will play but could bring in new people, or whether you want to focus on bringing together the current community and get it back to a more welcoming state. I personally would pick the latter first, I joined OB for the people and thriving community - any fucker can own a game server, does OB need one right now to function?

I'm not around to judge the current situation aside from reading forum posts so I could be wrong, but this community can flick itself back on easily. OB also has a bad habit of being melodramatic. I would recommend people who have actual physical suggestions to take them directly to staff, for me that would show you are sending it because you want to contribute rather than jumping on thread bandwagons or applying unnecessary pressure (obviously if you want a wider discussion about something that's different, but you get my point).

either way,

memes xoxo

2 hours ago, UnSeen said:

When an OB thread actually gets some actual responses for a bit ?

Just to Wist and Venga's posts, that I think present the issues of most of OB stretching further back than even when I was HA but also the way most of OB have been looking at it.

I completely agree that there is a divide and you have to consider about uniting the community somehow and/or letting one group take the lead, but you both address the fact to solve this you have to find a server platform that fits and I'm asking you if there really is single one that fits like we used to have? It's good to realise the overall problems but no one has ever been able to actually suggest game platforms that would solve it. Furthermore, whatever suggestions are put forward in a public thread or channel often just put pressure on staff to oblige rather than make their own decision, work on it and set something up.

There is a lack of fresh games atm (imo at least) that allow for community building that the core(s) of this community would actually keep returning to for an extended period of time. Which leaves you either to focus on a game mode that a small minority of the community will play but could bring in new people, or whether you want to focus on bringing together the current community and get it back to a more welcoming state. I personally would pick the latter first, I joined OB for the people and thriving community - any fucker can own a game server, does OB need one right now to function?

I'm not around to judge the current situation aside from reading forum posts so I could be wrong, but this community can flick itself back on easily. OB also has a bad habit of being melodramatic. I would recommend people who have actual physical suggestions to take them directly to staff, for me that would show you are sending it because you want to contribute rather than jumping on thread bandwagons or applying unnecessary pressure (obviously if you want a wider discussion about something that's different, but you get my point).

either way,

memes xoxo

bro wtf wheres the tl;dr i cant read