Sign in to follow this  
M1nt-l0u

It's over.

1 hour ago, Akame™ said:

People cant do anything if they're not being allowed to do anything

That's my point. People can't do anything unless Conor decides to give his powers to other head admins since noone has power than him. 

It's the truth to be honest. I'd probably join the Teamspeak if it weren't for the amount of shit that gets thrown at me.

I used to love OB back when Jailbreak was around. Some of the funnest times of my life in gaming if I'm totally honest. But ever since the jailbreak servers closed these forums have been kinda dead honestly. I just want the old jailbreak servers back. :/

Ftr I think Conor is doing fine. He keeps the lights on, and keeps this community turned social club alive. Why the fuck should the OGs care about growth when we reject 90%+ of new people anyway?

And the people down in the lower channels seem to enjoy themselves. When we wonder in it seems to be pretty fun.

Not saying the original post doesn't raise some pretty damn valid points, but they're just not points I'm bothered with. The fact that the shoutbox thread is still up is fine. We have our cancer shouting area, but the new people aren't subjected to it on the homepage.

I think you're doing all right big con. Xo

On 29/10/2017 at 22:48, SonyTwan said:

Seems about right, although I don't care enough nor do I have the time to do anything.
Long as I can stay in touch with the people I like in this community I'm happy.

welcome back to forums xx

tbh just bring surf back server was poppin during them times.

jb is ass cheeks dumb kids screaming free kill (yea not me so smd)

or just put up jb and unban everyone who was banned. (yea even fk if they do it again ban them) 

@gaffeR Nothing much has been done as there wasn't too much interest from the community to do a single community game server at least from the "Hey Outbreak" thread no really seemed to an idea/server that everyone wanted to see OB do. It's why throughout the entire summer, I focused on Events like OB Rocket league, ESL Summer and Lol Summer Championship which had a good amount of success. But if there is something you want the community to actually do please suggest it, so many people want OB to do something but no really says what they want us to actually do, Hell one of your suggestions Gaff was to just wait for a PUBG Custom Servers :hmm: 

For JB I've been working on it when I've had time although I'm trying to look for ways to improve it for both new and old players however without removing the OB Style and changing to fit a more "plugin-based" JB, there isn't too much changed and I think it'll end up dying again which is one of the reasons I've held off just throwing it out again. And it'll probably only entertain the most of the old JB players for a month before it just creates a new generation :banter: Which doesn't really do much majority of OB Members, which I've been trying to look for something that can give everyone a bit of entertainment.  

It's also why I've tried to give access / create a way for people to give an idea through the Warden Programme. As there are a few things that people say they'd like to see from OB yet I have doubt that it'll be successful as an OB Community Server but I wanted to create a way for members+ to actually give more involved and create something with OB. There honestly aren't many game server we can create that would actually work for everyone. The biggest games currently being played in our community are the likes of PUBG, League with few people playing CSGO - Though with CSGO most play the Competitive side or small amount of various custom game modes.

Kai has recently been working on his Warden Project and I've helped out where I can but we're yet to really announce it or talk much about it until everything it 99% much done, I prefer to announce things this way as previous whenever OB works on anything as if there are delays or something talking a bit more time there always seems quite a few negative comments that don't really help anyone and usually demotivate the person more than anything else.

To the shoutbox, I've left the shoutbox thread as it is honestly 100% less cancerous than the original old front page and although the old chat box was used by some people for a general chat/ bit of banter, There was quite a few that took it too far. Whether it was just a baiting or whatever some of the content was just shit talking each other or posting NSFW shit and it seemed to just be getting more toxic. I originally thought we'd keep it under a different area for Member+ but we spoke about it the consensus was that we thought the content wouldn't change it probably continue to get worse and I didn't want to just read toxic content from the members that I'd like to think to represent the community nor did I want to create an area where people the rules are different and they can be as toxic as they want. And to anyone that says "Add it to contain the aids" Let's be honest, it wouldn't contain anything more likely it spread everywhere else. 

The shoutbox represented the community perfectly. It was the kind of humour we enjoy, and was similar to the conversation in teamspeak. By saying it was toxic and aids you're basically calling the member base toxic and aids. 

Nearly EVERYONE wants it. Just add it back.

Edited by Chris Lord

@Sir_Conor

I appreciate the response. Although I feel like it kind of ignores the main subject of my original post. 

This isn't about what OB is up to. It's what OB is planning on doing to retain and grow for the future. I think you've avoided the difficult subject: the staff and what they think should happen. What you've written is similar to what we should expect for a monthly update. I'm glad to see it, but it isn't an appropriate response to this discussion I don't think.

If Kai is getting on with the warden programme, why hasn't he made a post to explain it? Why is it you that makes these announcements?

What is the real reason you won't elect someone to help you? Don't ignore it, just tell us why. I'm also slightly aggravated by your need to have a meeting with Gunstar just before you made that post. Do you still have someone else doing that for you? Why isn't that person your equal? 

What are the other mods doing? Why aren't they trusted to have meaningful permissions on the teamspeak server. If there's people in that team you can't trust with that privilege, then get rid. I feel like there's a lot of people willing to help you out. But you like to sit at the top of the pyramid and have the final say. You haven't made an effort to prove that otherwise with your last post whatsoever.

The shoutbox thread just sort of happened. Everyone on edge wondering if you were going to delete it or ban people for doing it. If it can exist in a thread, then why not make it a permanent fixture somewhere on the forum. Does it have to be on the homepage? Maybe create another section for it. 

Your last reply was very political. You've told us what you wanted to tell, but ignored the original concerns which are shared by a large number of members who chose to be a part of the community. If there was a general election coming up, you'd look like a very unpopular candidate right now.