Sign in to follow this  
IrishChamp

An Open Letter to Sir_Conor

21 hours ago, IrishChamp said:

I put together a solid application to become a forum moderator (which you ignored). There’s no order, with people just making threads for no reason, or posting in the completely wrong sub forums. There are seemingly no rules except for don’t say the dreaded “n word”
I offered to give do a job that nobody is currently doing and you didn’t even dignify it with a response. 

Moderator Applications were open for Jailbreak and nothing else but you created your own imaginary role that you believe is needed and applied for it, Why would I approve an application for a none existent role. If you believe a dedicated forum moderator role is needed or other alternative options wouldn't the correct subforum to post be the "Questions and Suggestions" Section to actually discuss the issues you and seeing while providing your idea for a solution? 

You refused to answer my PMs on forums in relation to an issue I had with an event cooldown that I had served. It’s literally been 20 days and you still haven’t read the message. I got on Teamspeak on my mobile phone, poked you to look at my message and a day later nothing had happened. I then had to go behind your back and ask Finnley to remove the cooldown, which was done within an hour of messaging him.

Why are you ignoring a member? You can ignore others all you like as a member, but can you not see how fucking ridiculous it is for the Head Admin of a community to ignore people? That’s the responsibility you’ve taken on. Even if you don’t like me, it’s your job to deal with me.

You messaged me on the 9th of Jan to edit the Event cooldown thread, I pretty sure that I was actually busy, But anyway by the 11th you had messaged Finnley who as you said was there and able to sort it out. When I looked at the thread on 12th and saw "Edited  by Finnley" Since it had already updated and everything sorted by Fin so I saw no need to get involved.

I do have to question something you said How are you going behind my back by asking Finnley to edit the Event Cooldown thread? What? How? It a really simple admin task to just update the thread and remove your name, It in no way needs my input and could easily be handled by Fin as it was. For future reference, I would've said that if it doesn't require my input start just at the bottom of the admin team and move up as needed rather than starting for the top.

The forums are shit. People purposely derail threads and it’s genuinely difficult to get any sort of meaningful conversation going.

To your overall "Forums are shit" etc.. For me when the community is in a decline like it currently is, I'm definitely a bit looser on the forum standards and are more willing to let people off with stuff, I'm not going to be as strict as at the end of the day most of it is harmless for a bit of fun. I'm not going to go around micro-managing every thread for the active forum members we have. I do agree that sometimes that a few people have been going a bit far on the forums and maybe it is something to look for and discuss a  possible solution. Personally, I've been thinking about creating an Outbreak Communications Role, with the main responsibilities of Communication and Forum Moderation it try and improve Outbreak's overall Communication. For me, Forum Moderation is a lot more complex role as people can definitely have their own bais of what is and isn't acceptable, and letting people get away with more stuff has been more prefered than having to deal with complaints of over-aggressive forum moderation.

Hope I've answered for everything that mentioned and understand my opinions on it :y:

3 minutes ago, Sir_Conor said:

Moderator Applications were open for Jailbreak and nothing else but you created your own imaginary role that you believe is needed and applied for it, Why would I approve an application for a none existent role. If you believe a dedicated forum moderator role is needed or other alternative options wouldn't the correct subforum to post be the "Questions and Suggestions" Section to actually discuss the issues you and seeing while providing your idea for a solution? 

You messaged me on the 9th of Jan to edit the Event cooldown thread, I pretty sure but I was actually busy, But anyway by the 11th you had messaged Finnley who as you said was there and able to sort it out. When I looked at the thread on 12th and saw "Edited January 11 by Finnley" Since it had already updated and everything sorted by Fin so I saw no need to get involved.

I do have to question something you said How are you going behind my back by asking Finnley to edit the Event Cooldown thread? What? How? It a really simple admin task to just update the thread and remove your name, It in no way needs my input and could easily be handled by Fin as it was. For future reference, I would've said that if it doesn't require my input start just at the bottom of the admin team and move up as needed rather than starting for the top.

To your overall "Forums are shit" etc.. For me when the community is in a decline like it currently is, I'm definitely a bit looser on the forum standards and are more willing to let people off with stuff, I'm not going to be as strict as at the end of the day most of it is harmless for a bit of fun. I'm not going to go around micro-managing every thread for the active forum members we have. I do agree that sometimes that a few people have been going a bit far on the forums and maybe it is something to look for and discuss a  possible solution. Personally, I've been thinking about creating an Outbreak Communications Role, with the main responsibilities of Communication and Forum Moderation it try and improve Outbreak's overall Communication. For me, Forum Moderation is a lot more complex role as people can definitely have their own bais of what is and isn't acceptable, and letting people get away with more stuff has been more prefered than having to deal with complaints of over-aggressive forum moderation.

yes the gather system is amazing,also great response