Sign in to follow this  
Fluxy

ESL ONE OUTBREAK

i understand thunder and jamie both. but imo if your team needs 2 replacements.. just cancel the game, its never gonna be fair and if you getting a replacement it never should be a higher rank ( better player). Thunders team got a pretty good replacement (imo a to good to be true replacement and on top of that the other team has 2 players lagging like crazy, even brandon had kills his lag was shit that he couldnt have an impact on the game. and btw

Penguin (LEM) replaced Absolute Zero (LEM)

credits to zero but penguin would win 8/10 games in a 1vs1 against zero. penguin is a better player (love you zero)

this is already a replacement wich is bad, you replace some1 with a better player.

and Marty (DMG) replaced Chris (DMG)

i love chris and shit but marty is a better player than chris and more dedicated to a cs:go match.

so yea dont get 2 replacements. i think 1 replacement is max otherwise just cancel and reschedule the match.

I kinda agree with weezy.

Penguin plays wayyy better [sorry zero] which gave Thunder's team a big advantage and as a result, he made a big impact during that game too. BUT, the rules does say substitutes should be the same rank or below and I understand Thunder's point of "The whole tournament is based on ranks" and "how else would you judge someone's skill level?" - Yeah you can judge someone's skill based on seeing how they play but there is no fair way of determining that, there will always be controversies regarding this. Thunder only followed the rule but it was unfair on the other team and you know that Thunder...

I don't blame the event hosts for making the "same rank or lower" rule, because I don't think there is any other more fair way of doing it and making it so that you have to get 2 ranks or below the player being replaced also won't always help because, rank doesn't always represent your skill level.

Weezy's idea of allowing only 1 substitution might help a bit, but there will always be a difference in OVERALL skill level between teams and we shouldn't cry about it, but it shouldn't be so much that one team get's totally destroyed. :/

I am not supporting either side but just raising the problems of this tournament which is causing a few issues.

I just got done writing a big nice paragrpah, but it was deleted when my browser crashed. To sum it up:

- our stand-ins were compliant with the rules (not to mention that you are all underestimating absolute zero's skill)

- I agree that there should maybe be a rule that you can't have more than 1 stand-in, but there wasn't such rule before our game

- Brandon didn't have unplayable lag, he got 9 kills in the first half, more than 3 of our players including extinct and raichu who are higher rank than brandon

- Flash always lags, and we also had extinct who was lagging on our side

- no reason for replay as we were within the rules, our stand-ins in my opinion were about the same skill and the exact same rank

- the only thing officially against the rules was landshark, a global, replacing Brandon, an LE

It wouldn't really be fair for the whole game to be replayed as there were no rules being broken. Winning that game took a lot of effort and team work and we as a team tried very hard to play. After such an effort, it would just feel so terrible for the game to be taken away from you for reasons out of your control at the time. I wouldn't mind seeing a rule being implemented saying that one team can't have more than 1 stand-in though.

Well played everyone for took part in the group stages. There was some good games and some good casting!

All the group games have been played leaving the end table looking a bit like this.

ChanningTaters: 45 points

FluxyBOYS: 44 points

NoBuddies: 41 points

SP: 24 points

Pretty close there with the ChanningTaters securing a place in the final by 1 round! As per the rules unfortunately the Suspicious Plays will be eliminated from the tournament.

Moving on now to the semi finals! Which will be a BO3 between FluxyBOYS and NoBuddies to secure a place in the final!

All things permitting this will be held on Wednesday the 11th of November @ 7PM! See you all there and please PM ASAP if you cant make the date

Moving on now to the semi finals! Which will be a BO3 between FluxyBOYS and NoBuddies to secure a place in the final!

All things permitting this will be held on Wednesday the 11th of November @ 7PM! See you all there and please PM ASAP if you cant make the date

Do we have to play all the maps on that one day? Because i can't starve during a game lel :D

Well played everyone for took part in the group stages. There was some good games and some good casting!

All the group games have been played leaving the end table looking a bit like this.

ChanningTaters: 45 points

FluxyBOYS: 44 points

NoBuddies: 41 points

SP: 24 points

Pretty close there with the ChanningTaters securing a place in the final by 1 round! As per the rules unfortunately the Suspicious Plays will be eliminated from the tournament.

hype hype hype

goodluck to the teams tonight that have to play, thunder and fluxys team :D, also who is gonna cast this game and stream? and i hope the casters know that they have to cast for maybe 3 hours. anyway i cant wait to watch this game.

have fun all and goodluck