Sign in to follow this  
Fluxy

ESL ONE OUTBREAK

This tournament is becoming a huge hit/success. Whether it's playing/laughing at top plays/fails /spamming Kappa in twitch chat/commentating, it has brought the community closer together and entertained many of us. This has been a brilliant idea overall! :yay:

Outbreak Teamspeak Theatre:

VJPcQYt.png

It was fun watching the games together on twitch. Don't forget to gather for the next ESL ONE Outbreak match in the theatre.

Hello all.

Thank you for all tuning in to watch the games so far, the tournament is going well, although a few hiccups here and there.

This is an advance warning for both teams who played last nights game. SP vs NoBuddies.

There is a possibility this game may have to be replayed. This is due to 2 members of SP have unplayable lag for the majority of the game in addition to two hastily found standins and understandable questions over the skill difference in those standins. In my view, the match was not as fair as it should have been, although we did the best we could at the time to get the game started on time.

So, what will happen now is the group stages will continue as normal and at the end when all the counted games have been added up a decision process will be entered involving both captains from the team and myself where we will decide if the game will be replayed or not.

I appolgise for this, especially to Thunder and his team who's win against SP cant be put in concrete just yet. However this is been done in the greatest interest in a fair tournament for all. The issue appears to be the routing from Ireland to the server we use as it seems to effect only those in the ROI.

As stated before, my decision on this will be final and non arguable.

Thank you and good luck to the rest of the teams

Yes I am afraid so, the number of people telling me that they couldn't make this game or that game was to many to keep track of so I delayed them all into next week to give people time to get their shit sorted.

I am extremely disappointed that you are even considering that the game should be replayed.

1. Saying that 2 members of SP had unplayable lag is utterly ridiculous. Flash is known to lag and have low fps, always. Therefore it is expected that he has "unplayable" lag. Brandon had some higher ping yes. But its not like he didn't get any frags. He got 9 kills, which was good considering Extinct had 10, Raichu had 7 and Marty had 6. We also had 1 player who had "unplayable" lag (extinct). So even though Brandon did have higher ping than expected, it's in no way fair to say that the whole game needs to be replayed. So the one player that wasn't expected to be lagging, still did perfectly fine with 9 frags at half time and was even replaced by someone with much higher skill during half time. Brandon still did better than two our players showing that

2. Saying that our replacements weren't fair is also not right. Penguin (LEM) replaced Absolute Zero (LEM) and Marty (DMG) replaced Chris (DMG). The teams for the tournament were originally picked based on rank, so replacements of the same rank should be totally fine. The one replacement that everyone believes is not fair It would make no sense to say that the replacements weren't fair therefore. Talking about unfair replacements, it was decided to let Landshark (GE) replace Brandon (DMG), which I stated was clearly unfair during half time, but in the end decided that we would be ok with it and play on.

I don't in any way, shape or form agree with the decision for the game to be replayed because the game was totally fair. We had fair replacements, Brandon was clearly still able to play and even got replaced with someone better than him.

I am extremely disappointed that you are even considering that the game should be replayed.

1. Saying that 2 members of SP had unplayable lag is utterly ridiculous. Flash is known to lag and have low fps, always. Therefore it is expected that he has "unplayable" lag. Brandon had some higher ping yes. But its not like he didn't get any frags. He got 9 kills, which was good considering Extinct had 10, Raichu had 7 and Marty had 6. We also had 1 player who had "unplayable" lag (extinct). So even though Brandon did have higher ping than expected, it's in no way fair to say that the whole game needs to be replayed. So the one player that wasn't expected to be lagging, still did perfectly fine with 9 frags at half time and was even replaced by someone with much higher skill during half time. Brandon still did better than two our players showing that

2. Saying that our replacements weren't fair is also not right. Penguin (LEM) replaced Absolute Zero (LEM) and Marty (DMG) replaced Chris (DMG). The teams for the tournament were originally picked based on rank, so replacements of the same rank should be totally fine. The one replacement that everyone believes is not fair It would make no sense to say that the replacements weren't fair therefore. Talking about unfair replacements, it was decided to let Landshark (GE) replace Brandon (DMG), which I stated was clearly unfair during half time, but in the end decided that we would be ok with it and play on.

I don't in any way, shape or form agree with the decision for the game to be replayed because the game was totally fair. We had fair replacements, Brandon was clearly still able to play and even got replaced with someone better than him.

You must be trolling, I assume you are at this point.

No offence to anyone who's DMG, but i could literally burp on my keyboard and get that rank. The difference between playing loads and getting to DMG and only playing a little on a smurf and being boosted to DMG is a big difference. Using the broken CS:GO ranking system to justify replacements is honestly getting boring now, look at Absolute Zero and Penguin for instance - the same thing applies here except they are LEM lmao...

Landshark replacing Brand0n is considered fair due to how stacked the teams are anyway due to Flash's high ping and brand0n being completely out of action irregardless of whether he got kills or not, not only did he have high ping but he also had around 80% choke the entire game. Also If people think anyone is seriously able to 1v5 carry a victory against that is honestly delusional and should get their head out of their arse and learn how CS actually works. This match should be replayed with the ACTUAL teams playing each other and if they don't show up - deduct points.

Gonna add my chip in, as someone who did play on one team but won't be salty if the decision made goes against my team as long as it is fair.

I won't say if I think there should be a replay or not, but what I will say is that the match shouldn't have taken place to start with. Honestly if a team requires more than 1 replacement, then it isn't really the same team anymore - especially if one of those replacements has played for other teams beforehand.

In one perspective the replacements were unfair, CSGO ranking system is broken and the replacements were clearly improvements to the team; without wanting to offend individuals, Marty & Penguin do have superior game sense and ability to those they replaced. On the other hand, I can see why Thunder would be upset - they played with what they got told at the time was okay and they won the game 16-4 and now that's being taken away from them which is unjust.

My view is that the game should have never been started, however that would have led to the match being postponed and Thunder's team being penalised for having missing players. My view is that either the game is replayed and no previous penalisations stand, therefore the 2 teams as they are meant to be actually play each other OR the match result stands but having 2 players replaced should be far heavier penalised.

Obviously one option gives my team a chance and the other takes away our chance but tears down Thunder's teams points with it. Either way, with the idea that the game shouldn't have really started full stop with more than 1 replacement in mind - it's going to be hard to make it fair now. I just don't expect petty arguments or grudges to come out of this tournament rather than memories of how fucking wank I played last night to laugh at lmao.

I would ask everyone involved to please remember that the point of this tournament is fun. This isn't Dreamhack, your careers are not on the line. It was meant to be a bit of a fun and bring the community closer together by mixing old and new members. That being said, 16-4 as a final result does not reflect a fair game especially with all that happened during the game. As unseen said, in a perfect world the game SHOULD not have gone ahead but as I have also stated before, I was notified that 2 players were missing from thunders team 10 mins before we were meant to start, I take responsibility for letting the game go ahead when it should not.

ALSO

I have said that there was a POSSIBILITY that the game may have to be replayed, I wanted a calm mature discussion between both captains were both sides could be heard and a final decision reached.

Please do not have an ugly spat on the forums over it, it's not the place. Again apologies all round, I am simply trying to make the best of a bad situation and keep the tournament fair for all involved.