Sign in to follow this  
IrishChamp

An Open Letter to Sir_Conor

Conor this is not meant as a personal attack on you, but rather me pointing out some things in the hope of improving Outbreak as a whole.

The forums are shit. People purposely derail threads and it’s genuinely difficult to get any sort of meaningful conversation going.

I put together a solid application to become a forum moderator (which you ignored). There’s no order, with people just making threads for no reason, or posting in the completely wrong sub forums. There are seemingly no rules except for don’t say the dreaded “n word”

I offered to give do a job that nobody is currently doing and you didn’t even dignify it with a response. 

I really don’t see why you’re so unwilling to delegate responsibility of maintaining the community instead of doing everything yourself and ending up with a half-arsed job in many areas. 

You refused to answer my PMs on forums in relation to an issue I had with an event cooldown that I had served. It’s literally been 20 days and you still haven’t read the message. I got on Teamspeak on my mobile phone, poked you to look at my message and a day later nothing had happened. I then had to go behind your back and ask Finnley to remove the cooldown, which was done within an hour of messaging him.

Why are you ignoring a member? You can ignore others all you like as a member, but can you not see how fucking ridiculous it is for the Head Admin of a community to ignore people? That’s the responsibility you’ve taken on. Even if you don’t like me, it’s your job to deal with me.

I’d really appreciate if you gave this thread a replying @Sir_Conor and please don’t just pick one of my points that you have a good argument against and leave it at that. I’d like you to answer for everything I’ve mentioned.

Once again, I’m not trying to turn this into a witch hunt, I just want answers.

Say what you want and judge me till the earth is proved to be flat.

One thing I've noticed since being back up here with the big boys is that there is a LOT more going on "in the background" than you may think as a member. I was pleasantly surprised and I actually recoiled in regret when I saw some of the work that has gone into organising the staff team in the current form. It is the best it has ever been. 

Whilst Conor could  reply to you, he would probably respond better to being talked to in TeamSpeak when he is around.  You have to consider that the team has just had a big reshuffle and there is no yellow man to come out with the wider communications we were used to in the days of UnSeen. 

Hang tight because I guarantee there is some action coming soon. (probably starting with my instant demotion due to lack of JB hours, but that's a discussion I need to have with Conor :grin: )

1 hour ago, Mintlou said:

Whilst Conor could  reply to you, he would probably respond better to being talked to in TeamSpeak when he is around. 

Forum: a meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.

I don't see the issue with talking about things here. Forums give people chances to properly articulate their points. This is really the ideal place to discuss a matter like this. 

Big NT on the rest of the post by the way, low-tier baits

2 hours ago, Mintlou said:

Say what you want and judge me till the earth is proved to be flat.

One thing I've noticed since being back up here with the big boys is that there is a LOT more going on "in the background" than you may think as a member. I was pleasantly surprised and I actually recoiled in regret when I saw some of the work that has gone into organising the staff team in the current form. It is the best it has ever been. 

Whilst Conor could  reply to you, he would probably respond better to being talked to in TeamSpeak when he is around.  You have to consider that the team has just had a big reshuffle and there is no yellow man to come out with the wider communications we were used to in the days of UnSeen. 

Hang tight because I guarantee there is some action coming soon. (probably starting with my instant demotion due to lack of JB hours, but that's a discussion I need to have with Conor :grin: )

shill