Jak

Vegetarianism

If someone wants to be a vegetarian then so be it.  Similar to Ginger though, if they try to force it upon me or act like I'm a bad person for eating meat then I'm not really okay with that.  At that point it's not even a problem with Vegetarianism, it's trying to force someone to change their opinion.

8 minutes ago, iZac said:

If someone wants to be a vegetarian then so be it.  Similar to Ginger though, if they try to force it upon me or act like I'm a bad person for eating meat then I'm not really okay with that.  At that point it's not even a problem with Vegetarianism, it's trying to force someone to change their opinion.

Because you're not only damaging the environment by condoning the meat industry, but you're a third party to murder? Please explain to me how eating meat is moral, I await with baited breath.

As pescitarian, which is like a veggie that eats fish (a shit one at that),  I thought I'd chime in.

I don't eat meat out of ethical reasons, I don't disagree with eating meat altogether, just the way animals are bred and kept in captivity. A sentient being shouldn't be born in awful conditions, kept there for its entire life, and then killed just for a 99p Hamburger, it feels wrong. Eating meat out of survival, growing your own livestock or hunting for meat seems pretty necessary and important.

There's also a bunch of environmental issues caused by the livestock and cattle industry.

I get frustrated at vegetarians who are annoying or boastful about them eating meat, as if they're better people morally for avoiding meat than anyone else, or if people are obnoxious about being vegetarian and pressure other people into their views. On the other hand people waving meat in front of me purposefully, or trying to persuade me to 'just try a little bit', or 'it's already dead' are equally annoying. 

Edited by Cereal