Sign in to follow this  
Revan The Dragon

Opinions on 4 maps being removed from CS:GO completely?

So, in today's update for CS:GO, Valve completely removed and deleted four maps:

- Vertigo
- Dust
- Aztec
- Militia

Alongside these maps being removed, a few Operation Hydra ( / Breakout / Bravo) maps have been officially added to the game to stay:

- Insertion
- Agency
- Austria
- Shipped

Also, Competitive now only allows very few maps to be chosen and played. This is likely to force players into being closer instead of being split apart and having "Verti-Globals" (players who are Global Elite, but only due to mastering a specific off-duty map). I'm interested in OB's opinions on Valve's choices for removing and adding these maps.

(I will also add that Flying Scoutsman and Wingman are now official gamemodes in CS:GO. Wingman now uses a new rank system. Rank icons have also been changed to look more modern. Feel free to leave opinions on that as well.)

Excited to see how CS:GO evolves in 2018!

DOjUoSpVoAIMGK0.png

I also forgot to add that CS:GO now uses a hidden karma system which will match you with players based on your behavior both on Steam and in-game. I guess this counts in factors such as community bans, forum bans, reports and so on. Valve haven't specified the Steam-side of the karma system yet.

Though, the in-game system supposedly reads every line of text you post in-game and you supposedly lose karma for using specific words. Hate to tell you (childish and toxic) folks but it was said that saying "ez" at the end of the game supposedly lowers your karma significantly! The karma system also takes in reports to each player. For example, players who get reported often for suspicion of cheating will be more likely to be matched with each other. Players who are reported or griefing, verbal abuse, etc etc are more likely to be matched together. 

I've wanted the karma system for a long time and I hope it turns out well.

I like the idea of this, can see what they're trying to do for things such as cheating and griefing, but I doubt this is going to decrease toxicity in game. It's still remains my favourite game, at the moment, but this isn't going to change the loss of interest in the competitive side of CS.

Removing the old maps from the game was a good idea - more people will play CS competitively rather then just griefing on the less popular maps.