Sign in to follow this  
Hobbsyy

Media Help.

So for my upcoming assignment for GCSE Media I will need to analyse the first 3 minutes of a film or TV Series (preferably a Film).

So far the suggestions I have are: 

- The Impossible

- The Dark Night Rises

As it's only the first 3 minutes it would be better if there was a decent amount of action, comedy etc.

Would appreciate it if anyone could recommend a film or TV Series that has a good start.

Saving Private Ryan - Omaha beach introduction scene. I know you only have three mins but if there is any leeway then pick this.

Example of video essay on this - 

Some other good introductions - 

Edited by Rory

Honestly, would have loved an assignment like that. Theres so much you could do it on! 

For me some picks would be 

- The ending of The Mist, holy shit is that dark. So much to be said about endings to films breaking convention. 

-The conversation between Jules and Vincent about the difference between EU and NA cheeseburgers in Pulp Fiction. Analyising the use of Tarintino's long drawn out dialogue scenes and how the effect the film. This could also be done with the starting scene from Reservoir dogs.  

- The final battle between the mother queen and Ripley at the end of Aliens. Lots of themes of motherhood and sacrifice since Ripley is defending Newt the girl.  

- Another Tarantino one but one of the opening scenes of Inglorious Basterds with the german officer in the farm house, talk about tension building devices and stuff. You could also do the bar scene which is incredible.  

- The scene from American Phyco were Bateman murders Paul Allen "You like Huey Lewis and the news?"  - I actually did a critical analysis of the whole film for a piece of coursework for third year, really interesting.   

- No country for old men...you can literally choose any 3 minute segment of the film and theres enough to right a paper on...trust me. 

-Ferris Buelers day off - beginning scene with is cut aways to camera. 

- Numerous scenes from Blade Runner but Roy's "i've seen starships burning off the shores of Orion" speech is chilling. 

There is so much more stuff you could do but this is just what came to mind for me. 

10 hours ago, Hobbsyy said:

So for my upcoming assignment for GCSE Media I will need to analyse the first 3 minutes of a film or TV Series (preferably a Film).

I will need to analyse the first 3 minutes of a film or TV Series

the first 3 minutes

2 hours ago, Fluxy said:

- The ending of The Mist, holy shit is that dark. So much to be said about endings to films breaking convention. 

-The conversation between Jules and Vincent about the difference between EU and NA cheeseburgers in Pulp Fiction. Analyising the use of Tarintino's long drawn out dialogue scenes and how the effect the film. This could also be done with the starting scene from Reservoir dogs.  

- The final battle between the mother queen and Ripley at the end of Aliens. Lots of themes of motherhood and sacrifice since Ripley is defending Newt the girl.  

- The scene from American Phyco were Bateman murders Paul Allen "You like Huey Lewis and the news?"  - I actually did a critical analysis of the whole film for a piece of coursework for third year, really interesting.   

- No country for old men...you can literally choose any 3 minute segment of the film and theres enough to right a paper on...trust me. 

- Numerous scenes from Blade Runner but Roy's "i've seen starships burning off the shores of Orion" speech is chilling. 

really-now-can-you-not-read.jpg