Sign in to follow this  
Lewis

Would you rather?

Eat soap...I guess?

Guys let's try and make them a bit more detailed..and less..shit? Ye? ty.

Imagine a world of desolation. The human race has been dwindled down to the mere thousands, people either part of tribes or wandering the barren land that covers any part of the planet with a survivable temperature. Among the survivors of the deteriorating world and it's diminishing resources are multiple OB players, setting up their own tribe and attempting to develop their own base - a place to call home. However you only have enough food and water for a few founding members of your tribe, so you will have to be selective in your choice of trio;

Would you rather take the senior trio of Weezy, gaffeR & Venga with their variety of skill sets and years of experience in life but a lack of enthusiasm with that experience and faster absorption of your food supplies; or would you take the fresh set of Popey, Drake, Simi with a different and somewhat less explored set of skills but a sense of enthusiasm beyond compare to their seniors and their requirement of less food allows for supplies to last longer?

That should be a minimum to not let this be a spam thread, ty xoxo

Weezy, gaffeR and Venga. Since they've survived that long, and probably know where to find more food etc. it means that I can trust them on giving them food and we can keep surviving.

So following that post-apocalyptic topic. You've been in a country hiding with other 2 people because it's in war and you can't leave. Person 1 (Mike) has an opened wound and needs help. He's very useful since he's the one who can carry more things when you scavenge and knows places which contain food and other supplies. Person 2 (Bruce) is very sick and you don't know if he will survive even if you gave him medicine. He has military training and knows a lot of places that haven't been looted and contain a lot of weaponry and food. You have enough food for 3 days. A couple of days ago, you spoke to someone who told you there was a pharmacy nearby and probably contained medicine and bandages. The problem is that you lost your backpack and can only carry one of those things. So basically you have 3 options, would you rather:

1. Stay hidden and hope for the best. (They will both die, but you will survive longer with the food you have, you risk to have psychological problems due to your election. You will also have to be awake every night, watching if anyone wants to assault your shelter)

2. Search for medicine (Mike will die. There's a 50% chance that Bruce dies. If he survives you'll have a lot of supplies and won't have to go out to scavenge for a week) *READ END OF POST*

3. Search for bandages (Bruce will die. You'll have to scavenge the places Mike tells you but you'll get enough food for 3 days each time you scavenge. There are 4 places)

-------------------------------------------

The 50% chance of Bruce surviving will be solved this way (very simple). You'll have to choose number 6 or 7 (don't ask why I chose those 2 numbers). If you choose the right one Bruce lives. Just in case you don't trust me if I cheat, I will tell UnSeen on pm the correct number since he can't post another answer.

There's no tl;dr version so gtfo.

I would have to go with option 3.

Option 1 is out of question because I would just be alone which is very dangerous for me and I would run out of food fast anyway.

Option 2 is also out of question because I would be betting on a 50/50 chance of having someone with me and food/supplies for a week but then we would have to search for nore or he would die and I woild be back to option one after wasting time and food on the person.

So I chose option 3 because I would have someone with me, I would get food for 15 days(4 places, food for 3 days each plus the food I have already for 3 more days) and then we could go find more together.

Imagine you're alone at home, your parents left for a few days and it's 4AM. You live in a rather big house with 3 floors and you're in bed, browsing the OB forum. Also, you have a cat which always likes to play arround the house at night.

Out of nowhere you hear a strange noise, it sounds like some one is trying to open one of the windows from the lower floor, and you're in the middle one. You get scared but you don't do anything other than wait to see if it happens again. Then you hear the door bell ring. You get out of your bed and you try to spot someone outside from the window but there is no one, only a van parked in the middle of the street.

After a while one of the windows from the lower floor breaks and now you know there is at least one person inside. Then, you hear a strange noise from the top floor but you're not sure if it's someone that got in or your cat playing with something and you remember that you left the window open from that floor and someone could easily get there using a big ladder and then climbing a bit. You only have you mobile phone and a knife with you which you used to make a sandwish earlier. You have 3 options, would you rather:

1. Call the police but they will take 30 minutes go get to your house so you would have to distract him/them until then. If this option is choosdn you have to explain how would you distract them and you only survive of you have a good way of distracting them.

2. Make your way to the upper floor and figure out what was the noise you heard. You have a 50/50 chance of it being a burglar or your cat. If it's the burglar he will kill you if it's not then you can jump from the balcony to your neighbours balcony and stay safe/ ask for help.

3. Make your way to the lower floor and fight the burglar/s. You also have a 50/50 chance of surviving. If it's just one you're able to knife and kill him but if there are more they will kill you.

For the sake of it I'll edit this post after some one replies and I'll tell you if you would survive or not, I have the results for option 2 and 3 written on a notepad and for option 1 I'll judge it myself but keep on mind that yiu're just trusting a 50/50 chance of surviving and you have no clue of the outcome of your decision. I can say that there some hints that you can use to help you choose but there are fake hints aswell.

Also, thanks to UnSeen and Storm (sorry if it's too similar to yours, tried to make it as different as I could) for making it way more interesting, I hope this is aswell. :grin1:

EDIT: venga that was good enough you would survive. :)

Option 2: You would die, there was a van outside so they could easily have a ladder the cat thing was a distraction.

Option 3: You would survive, there were 2 burglars one went to through the roof to the upper floor and the other one went through the lower one so you would kill him and run away.

(Just for curiosity)

Edited by Guest

(That's a really nice 'would you rather', Blyss)

I'd pick one: I'd rather barricade myself in the bathroom and call the police. I have the knife, and I'd get some deodorant to spray in their eyes if they break through the door, and then stab them through the throat in a terrifying panic. I'd just try and be super quiet though and keep the door locked. Chances are if they're burglars, they want to grab something and run. Insurance will cover it, so I'm not gonna' risk my life to defend material possessions.

Would you rather have a really tiny but fat dong, or a really long but thin dong?

sandwish

I'd choose option three, I'd close my bedroom door and sprinkle my sandwish from my hands chanting: I WISH MY ANIME WAIFU WAS REAL. Then she'd come to life out of my body pillow with her giant mecha and fight the burglar.

sandwish

I'd choose option three, I'd close my bedroom door and sprinkle my sandwish from my hands chanting: I WISH MY ANIME WAIFU WAS REAL. Then she'd come to life out of my body pillow with her giant mecha and fight the burglar.

No would you rather question = stop this train of a thread.

sandwish

No would you rather question = stop this train of a thread.

Fine I will continue it...

Found this on google as I couldn't be arsed to think of one, dunno if anyone has asked this already but here it goes:

Would you rather be 4’5” or 7’7” AND why?

7'7 probably. I would hate being so short and I would be treated as a little kid. 7'7 is too much but at least I could be a pro basketball player or something. Hard one tho and no offence to short people :grin1:

Imagine you were in the middle ages and you were the king of a poor but big town. There is a disease spreding out and killing a bunch of people. One day a medic tells you about a special medicine that can be made with some herbs that could cure everyone. The problem is, he only has a short amount of it and to get more you would have to enter in enemy territory.

You tell the medic that it's too dangerous to get the herbs because your land is poor and therefore weak against the said enemy. He says he will only give you the medicine if you kill yourself so he can be king. You can't try to make him give it to you by force because it's not even ready and only he knows how to prepare it.

When you get home you find that your wife and kids have the disease aswell and they could die at any moment. The medicine the medic has is just enough to cure them. Would you rather:

1. Cure your family therefore saving them but 95% of your towns population will die. You die aswell.

2. Seek for the herbs and having to fight the strong enemy to try to save your town, including your family.You would then make the enemy towns medic prepare it, if you won the fight which would be very unlikely.

3. Run away from the town and start a new life in another one like nothing happened.

AND WHY?

2 because I aint no pussy and there is a chance of saving everyone the other one would either lead to depression or my own death. LOL at 3 though, I wouldn't be able to live with myself if i did that.

My turn...

You are 1 of the 3 pilots on a fully booked plane [the captain]. The plane is being hijacked. There are 5 terrorists strategically placed in each of the sections of the plane. There is 1 terrorist in the cockpit with an ak-47 and threatening you to follow your orders otherwise he will kill all 3 of you. He wants the plane to be diverted to another location. However, your plane does not have enough fuel to make that journey - the terrorist does not want to understand this and still forces you to go there.

1. I would attempt to fight the terrorist with the emergency fire-axe and have a chance of regaining control of the plane. This can get you and all your co-pilots killed, but the cockpit is sound-proof and securely lockable so the other terrorists won't know straight away if you managed to wrestle him down.

2. I would do as he says but the plane will eventually fall and crash due to no fuel left in the tank and kill everyone.

3. I would try to explain the fuel situation and try to land at a nearby airport to refuel. Do bare in mind he doesn't want to listen to you and may just shoot you in the face and get the other pilots to control the plane.

4. Quickly tell the people through the radio to fight against the terrorist even if a few of them die because they will all die anyway. This will get you killed and there's no guarantee the people will listen and try to fight against the terrorists. However if they succeed the plane can be rescued even though a lot of people would die.

I know there can be other options but just think those were the only ones that came to your mind at that situation. I also made this story up on the spot so ignore any unrealistic possibilities with the options/story.

You talk about my 3rd option but ur 2nd is even worse xD

Anyway I would have to go with option 1 because just like you I'm not a puss and it gives me and the rest of the people the best chances of surviving. Even if I told them that the plane didn't have enough fuel and they understood who knows where would they lead us to and they would probably kill us all in the end anyway.

You wake up in an island and all you have is a bag with some food, clothes, a flashlight a knife and a weird watch on your wrist. You have no clue of how you got there and why. Then, you proceed to explore the island and try to look for someone that could help you. After a while you manage to find a guy that says he's friendly and doesn't want to harm anyone. He explains to you that you're in the island with 19 more people playing a game of survival made by some crazy organization. He says they gave those bags to everyone and they'll drop more bags with food and clothes everyday but only a short amount of them so people have to fight for them. He also tells you that you can only get out of the island if you kill 7 people and retrieve their watches. This was told to all the participants in this game but you can't remember because you tried to fight them and got tased.Would you rather:

1. Team up with that guy and try to get 14 watches so you both could leave the island, bare in mind you would have to share food and clothes with him.

2. Kill him, get his watch and proceed to look for people to kill them and get their watches.

3. Try to find a way to get out of there without killing anyone unless they directly attacked you.

4. Suicide.

This was based on an anime called Btooom!.

Also, I'm loving these big 'Would you rather' they are way more interesting than the regular ones that's why I'm posting here so much.

You talk about my 3rd option but ur 2nd is even worse xD

Anyway I would have to go with option 1 because just like you I'm not a puss and it gives me and the rest of the people the best chances of surviving. Even if I told them that the plane didn't have enough fuel and they understood who knows where would they lead us to and they would probably kill us all in the end anyway.

You wake up in an island and all you have is a bag with some food, clothes, a flashlight a knife and a weird watch on your wrist. You have no clue of how you got there and why. Then, you proceed to explore the island and try to look for someone that could help you. After a while you manage to find a guy that says he's friendly and doesn't want to harm anyone. He explains to you that you're in the island with 19 more people playing a game of survival made by some crazy organization. He says they gave those bags to everyone and they'll drop more bags with food and clothes everyday but only a short amount of them so people have to fight for them. He also tells you that you can only get out of the island if you kill 7 people and retrieve their watches. This was told to all the participants in this game but you can't remember because you tried to fight them and got tased.Would you rather:

1. Team up with that guy and try to get 14 watches so you both could leave the island, bare in mind you would have to share food and clothes with him.

2. Kill him, get his watch and proceed to look for people to kill them and get their watches.

3. Try to find a way to get out of there without killing anyone unless they directly attacked you.

4. Suicide.

This was based on an anime called Btooom!.

Also, I'm loving these big 'Would you rather' they are way more interesting than the regular ones that's why I'm posting here so much.

If I'm honest I would mix some of the options. I would team up with him for now (so option 1) but I would be very wary of him and not fully trust him. I would also actively search for a way off the island without killing (so option 3) but if it came to fighting, I would defend myself/kill people for the watches. If my 'friend' really turns out that way, I would help him find watches too but if he is a cunt and tries to kill me or run away with the watches, I would either incapacitate him or kill him, whichever is easiest. At the end of the day, I am trying my best to survive in anyway possible, but my preferred option would be non-violently.

So mine:

You are standing in front of two portals. One is red, the other blue. The red portal is to your left and the blue portal is to your right. You have to choose between the two portals, you have no choice but to choose. You have no idea where the portals go or what they will do to you. However, there is a person waiting with you. You may ask him where the portal leads but it will cost you something in return. You do not know what the cost is. Do you:

1. Choose the red portal.

2. Choose the blue portal.

3. Ask the person waiting (at some unknown cost) where the portals lead and then choose which portal to proceed through.