Sign in to follow this  
Scrune

Game nicknames

On 27/08/2017 at 07:48, Revan The Dragon said:

Depends on the name. I've gone by hundreds but I'll narrow it down to the ones you all know.

First up, my gaming life began with "Yoshi277", since at the time of me getting into video games, I had been playing a lot of Mario games and loved the series, especially the character Yoshi. I didn't particularly feel comfortable with the name but I kept it anyway. Later on, my username became BlueDragon115 nd it stayed that way from 2003 - 2010, until it became simply "Rex", which is my real name. People seemed to like that and most people online called me by my real name anyway. It ended up becoming "RexArgonian" due to my love for the Elder Scrolls series, and eventually "RexDragon". This stuck with me for a long time.

Anyway, onto the name you all know and most certainly love.
As a kid, I used to love making up stories and pretending I was some kinda professional writer. I still write stories even now and I have a lot of things flowing through my head. I had a little journal (still have it somewhere) where I'd write stories about some blue dragon called Revanaska. This, of course, is where "Revan The Dragon" came from. At first I didn't feel comfortable with such a name, so I tried out the nicknames I'd given the dragon as a kid. "Rev", "Blue Spark", "Big Blue", "Blue Dragon", none of them really felt comfortable on me. I ended up deciding on just using "Revanaska" as my display name on everything for a long time. Unfortunately people assumed I was a Russian girl or something and I didn't like it too much because of that, but I stuck with it anyway. I had never seen anyone use the name Revanaska before so I just took it and kept it.

It wasn't until about 2012 when someone called me "Revan" when my display name was only Revanaska. He shortened my name to that, and for some reason I really liked it. So I ended up saying, heck, I'll just go with "Revan The Dragon". It seemed kinda unique to me, and I guess it put across the point more that I'm (DEFINITELY) a dragon. And from there onwards, my display names on pretty much everything are "Revan The Dragon", with or without the spaces, depending on the game. The name stuck with me and I can't shake, nor do I really feel the need to.

Though recently I've been switching back to only Revanaska again, due to the obvious amount of mockery I've been getting. Gets to me sometimes. Anyway, that's pretty much my story. Wa-hey.

YOU'RE NOT A FUCKING DRAGON

I played for years as Harry, and I still prefer it to Wist. When I left CoD4 for CS:S, I'd watched some jailbreak videos and thought I'd try a server out, and upon joining got auto-banned for admin impersonation. I have no idea what server auto-banned anyone joining Harry, but I changed my name to the first thing that came to my head - Wist - and it just stuck. I'm not even sure I like the name, but it's part of me now I guess.

8 hours ago, Jak said:

HES SAYING THAT THERES NO WAY YOUR CHARACTERISTICS CAN BE THOSE OF A REAL PERSON

So you're telling me that my personality is fake purely because I choose to represent myself by some kinda animal? Please do elaborate on what you mean

8 hours ago, Jak said:

YOU ARE A MADE UP PERSONA CREATED FOR THE SOLE PURPOSE OF ENTERTAINING YOURSELF BY GETTING A ROUSE OUT OF OTHER PEOPLE ONLINE

...What? Please tell me how I am "entertaining myself" due to having a dragonsona, and also how I am "getting a rouse out of other people"?

1 hour ago, Jak said:

@Revan The Dragon I'm just the messenger.

So that practically confirms there's a large rumor about me in OB. Nice, definitely needed that in my life right now. Lovely.

Guess U couldn't expect much more from people like you tho

4 minutes ago, Revan The Dragon said:

So that practically confirms there's a large rumor about me in OB. Nice, definitely needed that in my life right now. Lovely.

Some people think you are trolling with your dragon character. I honestly dont give a fuck, you still seem like a Nice Guy. And there is No rumor abouth you in ob. 

3 hours ago, Revan The Dragon said:

No rumour, I was just explaining Jamie's post in more a traditional vernacular.

People like who though? Humans?