Sign in to follow this  
Skillershark

Online Names

So I was wondering how everyone here came up with their names. Online names can mean a lot more than what you see, there can be some inside meaning special to one or more people, or it can be something from a foreign language. Some people have names that use their first name right after an adjective, but there are also lots of names that, if asked, I would have no clue as to how people came up with them. Do any of you guys have any cool backstories for how you got your name?

Skillershark is pretty boring, I simply thought sharks were cool (and still do), and thought "omg if i put skill in my name i'll be the best 360 noscoper".

I'm sure some of you guys have some really interesting stories, can't wait to hear them.

Well, i first started with Mr3000 which was a really bad reference from a Pip-Boy 3000 (Thought the name was cool back then) which is from Fallout. The thing which i was signing up for (can't remember) couldn't take that amount of words. So I shortened it to that.

EDIT: Also because i didn't want to sound like someone i wasn't with the whole 'Mr' thing.

Then started using Raichu since it sounds like my name Rachel.

I hated pokemon though.

So I now use 'Rachel' or 'Raipoo' cos i'm a little shit. ;)

The very first nickname I used was Aythor (my real name is Aitor) in Neverwinter Nights (good ol' game). With time I started to think about a new name, something, let's say, prettier. So my name (Aitor) has "tor" in its name. Since I was starting to play with non-Spanish people I started thinking about a name in English and that is somehow related to my name so I thought about Storm. Before it, I thought about Thor (also similar to the end of my name) and I realised it was similar to Storm (since Thor is the God of the storm) and that's how I came up with Storm.

Was a 13-14 year old kid, playing a FPS called Crossfire, didn't like my name at the time, and preferred a standard 1 word no numbers name as like 95% of the players there had numbers in their name and it was "too uncool for me". I thought Gangster was a really cool name back then, but too mainstream and my little brain figured since it's a shooting game why not tweak it a bit? Gunstar was born.

Third year i was in uni, Black Sun Empire releases a new album. I became obsessed with this album, had it playing non-stop in the background of whatever i was doing. Was shuffling music around on itunes and decided to see how much time i had spent listening to the album which worked out close to a month of playtime over those 12 months. This is a time where i'm constantly playing cod2, League, Gmod and i needed a new name, used to just be my actual name Danny for a long time. Also my love of Dexter the tv show made me choose this song as an in-game name, haven't felt the need to change it in a few years.

My usual gaming name was Faze, similiar to my real life name and people called me faze fanboy.

So i was like fuck it ill use Absolute then i added Zero for some reason i dont even remember lmao :P

When i think about your name:

1386324.jpg

This is a repeat thread but oh well, lets repeat again.

My dad came up with the name Skeff when he first got steam. I believe he was trying to mix the words skill, death, and kill together. I then started to play his account more and I became Skeff. In later years I brought my dad a lot of steam games and a new account for letting me become this.

Throughout my whole family of 8 uncles and my dad and 2 brothers we are the garforths, but we get called the gaffers, that stuck as my nick name from friends. But on ts I am website user cause I'm too lazy to connect through ts client. Conor actually changed it so that if you connected through outbreak site that your name would be gaffer on ts, so we have a few gaffer 1ns 2s etc lol. As you have probably noticed this has been changed back now lol

Edited by Guest