Sir_Conor

New Server Discussion and Suggestions

discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord discord

-YkaO0Te_400x400.jpg

ALL HAIL THE MAGIC DISCORD

Edited by Sovman

12 minutes ago, Scrune said:

I swear if all of yall want to use discord this much why not launch a test Outbreak community Discord yourself and invite people to use discord and if it turns out well tell conor and he might just do something with it. At this point spamming the forums with discord blablabla is getting annoying we got the proposal of getting discord running in ob i just dont think a lot of people support the idea and you can call this being scared for something new or whatever but for the love of god stop posting about discord on forums everytime i see the word discord im getting triggered

Because creating a divide in the community is a bad idea? What's the point of a discord server that has like 10% of the total community population. You'd have to constantly switch over to TS to talk to people. 

Instead, by voicing our opinions, we will hopefully convince Conor to give it a go. We're not trying to rebel we just want to move to the superior platform.

the community has always had a divide. therefore your point is now void Irish. so there is nothing wrong with having discord being used now. 

Also, why say that you need to switch between the two that is nonsense. I've always had both team speak and discord open at the same time cos having discord open is the equivalent to having a tab open on google if u not in any room talking to anyone.

therefore i say, someone make a discord, give everyone a link to join it/invite, and find out how it goes from the TEST.

1 hour ago, Scrune said:

I swear if all of yall want to use discord this much why not launch a test Outbreak community Discord yourself and invite people to use discord and if it turns out well tell conor and he might just do something with it. At this point spamming the forums with discord blablabla is getting annoying we got the proposal of getting discord running in ob i just dont think a lot of people support the idea and you can call this being scared for something new or whatever but for the love of god stop posting about discord on forums everytime i see the word discord im getting triggered

This seems like a good idea however within OB this kind of plan doesn't play out well. Historically this has been because of two groups;

1. There are always a group of players within the community that are afraid of change. They will always push back on it, fearing that it will tear apart the community. They will shy away from the risk of change in favour of keeping what is already established. With unofficial servers there will be a foul split between these players and the ones on the server which you do not want to see.
  2. The admin team have always push back on unofficial servers, especially if they're doing well. Instead of seeing them as a great path to take the community down they tend to fear a loss of power, stir up hatred towards them, try to shut them down and steer clear of them in the future.

As such admin support is key in setting up a long term OB server. Once the admin team have decided on this it generally settles the players that are worried and we can actually step into the next stage for the community.

This isn't some sort of blame game, this is just how it has always been. Throughout every major change in the community and every admin team we've seen these two groups. We've all been in these groups, I know I was when CSS JB closed down in 2013 however we are still here 5 years later. I wouldn't say GMod Dark RP was a step forward but it brought about the necessary change for us to be successful throughout 2015 and 2016. It is time we do the same in 2018.

Memes and NTs aside, discord does actually sound quite solid and I wouldn't complain if the move was made. However I'm content with the nice little TS and forums that we have, we are used to it and it works well for us.