Rory

What is your most controversial opinion?

36 minutes ago, Rory said:

More expensive than putting people in general pop 

It's a money thing, not a justice thing. 

I would agree if justice was swift and evidence was absolute but unfortunately neither of these can be guaranteed. It's a subject I take great interest in tbh - would be a thread worth discussion on its own.

Reduce time on death row in contrast to USA, only confirmed death penalty if evidence is undeniable. Would be an area where the judge can exercise interpretation and flexibility.

E.G:

CCTV of guy brutally shooting 15 children and he's pleading guilty - he's sentenced to death within the year.

Much cheaper than having him in a high security prison, paying people to try and help him etc until he dies of old age, where he could potentially have an okay life.

Should only be used in the most extreme crimes, and should not be utilised when there is doubt surrounding the conviction.

If the person is clearly mentally unstable, that's another external factor to debate. I'm not saying it should be a set procedure which should always be used when X crime is committed. But it should be an option available for the absolute scum and under the right circumstances.

people that call themselves muslims because they don't eat pork but drink, smoke, fuck etc is completely fine, for me all of this is fine and in my opinion you can call yourself a muslim no matter what you do as long as you believe in god and know that god and ONLY god can judge you for example how MANY people have pointed out my piercings and tattoos and call me a atheist lol smh

Nationalism is a left-wing ideal.

Communism & Fascism are the exact same thing. Only separated by a single issue (Class/Ethnic).

Hating somebody because of their political ideology is extremely retarded. 

Africans are cool as shit unless they are born in any Neo-European country, then they are 90% of the time a BLM activist and a historical revisionist.

Japan is actually a shit place to live.

Australia doesn't exist.

32 minutes ago, Keiji Motori said:

Japan is actually a shit place to live.

Yeah I have heard some first hand stories of what the work culture is like in the big cities but I'm sure rural would be nice if you're into that.

Suicide rates are nuts 

This might seem very tame but it's a controversial opinion to hold in Ireland.

None of the violence associated with Ireland's independence was necessary. The only time I condone violence is in self defense. Some uprisings are totally justified, like a country being treated like slaves by the rulers. I think Ireland wasn't in too shitty a state and that we would have eventually achieved independence via democracy.

Inb4: bUt wHaT aBoUt aLL tHe yEaRs when iReLaNd wOuLd sTiLl bE A cOlOnY???11!!?

I would gladly have let Ireland remain under British rule for 200 years if it meant there weren't any lives lost.

28 minutes ago, IrishChamp said:

Some uprisings are totally justified, like a country being treated like slaves by the rulers. 

Get real. Fuck me. There's a reason why my whole family lives in the US/London. Opportunity was nearly non existent for a Catholic 30/40 years ago.

The level of violence inspired the peace process. 

Edited by Rory

28 minutes ago, IrishChamp said:

Also @all the Edge Lords who think they're being shocking by saying ridiculous things in this thread and think they're funny, you're not.

You're stale.

Totally agree on this though, when I look at those posts by the usual offenders it just cements the fact that limiting my interaction with OB was a great move. 

Morons. Stale is probably the most fitting word though. 

4 hours ago, Hobbsyy said:

Not all Muslims are terrorists but all terrorists are Muslim

This is some Trump level thinking.

Full Burqa's should be banned. You could literally hide so many things under a burqa, you don't know if it's Sara that nice Muslim lady or Matas the Kiddy Strummer.

Trump being president was the better outcome, hopefully the democrats will sort their shit out and act as a warning for other political parties.

Thunder was the best mod.

Edited by Danny