Wist, this looks like an amazing trip and a shame it will only last 9 days. 

1. Pack, then take out at least half of what you've packed, you really do not need a lot of clothes etc.. This is the biggest mistake everyone always makes. 

2. For the love of god, please, don't use a money belt,  you'll look like a 'tard and stick out like a sore thumb when you're paying for stuff. (Nothing screams tourist like a money belt) just use a wallet...

3. Photocopy all documents, Passport, Cards etc.. and keep in a different bag/pocket.

4. Learn to love McDonalds for the free WiFi

5. If you plan to just use your card, make sure you take out a good wedge to minimize fees. I've always used my card when I travel and never had an issue, just don't loose it otherwise you're fucked. (I've not use the post office card but looks pretty good, also the one James mentioned)

6. Download a offline EU map to your phone, not that important but it helps if you have no internet/wifi and need to see where you are.

7. European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) is a must.

8. Don't rush yourself trying to fit as much as you can in, the stress and time spent on getting connections etc.. will take away from the time you do have exploring

9. Try to plan ahead of time as much as you can, use Google maps to see local transport travel times/walking times etc... 

10. Take photos.

Other than that it's pretty much common sense and you're a bright lad.

I was literally in Lake Bled yesterday. 

It's without a doubt one of the most beautiful spots I've ever been to.

It's really busy in this weather but there's 3 things you need to do while there.

1. Go for a swim - Water is lovely temperature, sun is fucking glorious 
  2. Take a walk around the lake - Shouldn't take more than 2 hours. Stop in a cafe or something halfway through and enjoy food and a coffee
  3. Try some Bled Cake - I was planning on doing this for my birthday. (Saturday)    I had a lovely swim followed by the walk around the lake, and halfway through the walk we stopped into the Park Hotel Cafe (you'll see it when you're there).       All the "original" Bled cakes are made in the same factory, which is tied to this Cafe (meaning they always have Bled cakes in stock). We sat down and ordered four, only to be told that the refrigerator in the factory failed and all of Bled is out of stock. (Great birthday present u cunts)                                                    Anyway, we got some the following day and it was a fantastic package of cream, custard and pastry that left you feeling like taking a nap afterwards.

Haven't made it to Ljubljana yet, not sure if we will. Been enjoying beauty that is Slovenian countryside (with a short stay in Italy too)

Have fun on your trip Wist, should be great :grin:

Edited by IrishChamp
Spelling

Make sure you also have a movie on your tablet/phone if the movies aren't your style in the entertainment station.

Only take a backpack, a bit big to support atleast 2-3 sets of clothing including underwear and a spare footwear.

Always use cash, And cash it out in your country in banks, not the airport, because airports usually have transaction rates higher than average.

Have a chain for your wallet, you might look hipster, but trust me, it'll save you trouble.

And get a neck pillow, its comforting af  

Hello my traveling friend, one tip from eastern european gopnik: If your carrying a rucksack or some sort of bag like that always remember to put it in front, not on your back. Trust me its very easy to steal if you are skilled. Also don't put valuable stuff in your pockets and always leave most of your money somewhere in the hotel(if have one). I've traveled quite a bit with my friends and picked up on some stuff in the way. We don't go to work to spend our money on stupid stuff like clubs or woman, traveling and booze is more important. And for your question what random thing should you bring? Condoms.

Edited by Liutvi Mestan

Woah, thanks for the tips guys. In response to 420, I'm going in nine days time for a month, as opposed to everything in nine days, so won't be that time pressured

3 hours ago, ๖ۣۜMr.Nice♥ said:

2. For the love of god, please, don't use a money belt,  you'll look like a 'tard and stick out like a sore thumb when you're paying for stuff. (Nothing screams tourist like a money belt) just use a wallet...

3. Photocopy all documents, Passport, Cards etc.. and keep in a different bag/pocket.

7. European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) is a must.

10. Take photos.

Was gonna say these 4 as I have done all of those (and glad that I did) when I went to Cyprus with a few mates. The insurance card is handy. One of my friends was close to fainting and we took him to the hospital and the card saved him quite a bit. I also keep a photocopy of passport etc just in case, you never know man. Also, take photos, don't care what your friends or others say, you want to be able to store the lovely memories and look back at it after a few years, you will be glad you took those then I promise. Also, yeah don't take a money pouch, please, do indeed just use a wallet. What I did was I exchanged pound for Euros at the bet possible rate I could at the time and also took my debit card as a backup. Other than that, looks like a fantastic holiday bro, enjoy every second of it.

Edited by Gunstar

• Don't wear sandals and socks.
  • As 420 said, money belts scream really loud that you're a tourist which will make you more appealing for robbers.
  • If you still want to use some kind of money belt, what I do when I go on carnivals and I have no pockets or anything to store my shit, I put the stuff in t he money belt, and the money belt under my pants, since it's a really small one people won't even know I have one and will not look like I have a big something under there hehe.
  • Never stay alone in a big city or if you go out at night, when going somewhere you've never been at, it's pretty easy to get lost.
  • Enjoy, you shit.

i dont think u guys understand, it may label you as a tourist

but it's literally impossible to get robbed if you're wearing a zipped/locked money belt attached at the front of your belly

unless you physically get beaten up, which wouldn't make a difference if you had a wallet

1 hour ago, Storm said:

True, though, why take a money belt over a wallet? I mean, I don't see the point of taking a money belt when you have pockets.

Because it's much easier to get pickpocketed if you just have a stray wallet in your pocket, no matter how careful you are, people pickpocket for a living

Whereas a money belt is actually strapped around your body and immovable, only access to your wallet inside the money belt is by standing infront of you and unzipping it.