I'm going travelling soon (nine days, actually). Going to a bunch of awesome places, which I'll post below, but the purpose of this thread is to ask advice from those who have travelled before: money or use bank card abroad? Money pouch? What random things should I bring? What did you forget? Where did you go? Any useful tips or hints, please share.

Anyway, I'm going from:

Geneva:

home0.jpg

To Vienna:

ViennaRingView.jpg

To Zagreb:

Zagreb1.jpg

To Sarajevo:

Sarajevo_City_Panorama.JPG

To Mostar:

mostar_bg_1.jpg

To Dubrovnik (Kings Landing)

Slider-Dubrovnik-2_1600x828.jpg

Across to Split:

split-city.jpg

Up to Plitvice:

Plitvice-1.jpg

Up to Ljubljana

Ljubljana2.jpg

And then to Munich

munich1.jpg

And then hopefully to Amsterdam:

Amsterdam.jpg

Edited by Wist

Spoiler

Omg ur going to Amsterdam!!

Idk how it is in the countries u go too, but when I went to England in a few places the pin machine dind't support my pinpass. So I would just trade at the local banks I guess. 

Dont forget ur phone, when I went to Florida I forgot my phone. 

Looks like an awesome trip though, have fun. 

Btw. Take ur virginity with u and leave it behind in one of these places. Jk

Just now, dAiMantt said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Omg ur going to Amsterdam!!

Idk how it is in the countries u go too, but when I went to England in a few places the pin machine dind't support my pinpass. So I would just trade at the local banks I guess. 

Dont forget ur phone, when I went to Florida I forgot my phone. 

Looks like an awesome trip though, have fun. 

Btw. Take ur virginity with u and leave it behind in one of these places. Jk

Left that long ago mate

Missed out Lake Bled

lake%20bled%20town%20hall%200.jpg

I'm off to Israel in 7 Days!

I'm using a Caxton FX Prepaid currency card.

Jerusalem: 

israel-country.jpg

Dead sea:

deadsea1.jpg

Sea Of Galilee:

221-640x220.jpg

Tel Aviv:

Beach-1.jpg

Golan Heights:

Umm_Qais_Galilee-Golan_panorama.jpg

Masada:

20110502-Israel-Day-4-978.jpg

I shall be posting my own photos of when I am there and the other places I will be staying!

2 hours ago, Lewis said:

only been to 3 of the players you've highlighted

use money

use money pouch on front, look gay, but be safe bro

players? you should take a break from cs bro

but good point on the money pouch

anyway seems like a hell of a ride wist, most of my dream places are there, hopefully I'll do the same once I finish uni and have someone to go with (friends have no money/time, gf is a nice meme but noty, family is.. out of question sadly). 

have fun and make sure you take some pics to share with us!

Ljubljana will surprise you most on how beautiful it is Wist. Canals that reminded me of Venice, piping hot weather, lovely people.  If you need to travel to the bank check out how funky the decor is, i have a picture of me in one of their chairs somewhere:

268278_1972467626867_5728669_n.jpg?oh=a2

Went to Zagreb and Dubrovnik, Zagreb was nice but really industrial tons of factories at the waterside ruined any chance of grabbing a swim, Dubrovnik is fucking gorgeous, take the cable cart to the top in the old city and get yourself off road rallying for really cheap in buggies! Dubrovnik has tons of cave bars too along the coast.  The people there are ridiculously friendly, head down to old town at night and head up some of those side streets when you get hungry, excellent food.  Day trips out to the surrounding islands too, but bring mosquito repellent, those islands are fucking swarmed.

We inter-railed and they were 5 of us so we normally had a carriage to ourselves meaning we could sleep fine and not worry about our stuff being taken but when we did share a carriage with someone we felt uneasy so we took it in turns to stay awake.  If you are taking a rucksack keep all your really important stuff in there, passports, wallet, long haul tickets.  Always keep an eye on your belongings, good piece of advice when you are sat down is to put your foot through an arm of your bag so no one can simply run away with it.  You won't spend much money in the Eastern countries but Amsterdam was pretty expensive for me since we enjoyed those "coffee shops" (Get an ice-cream edible holy shit). 

Make sure you have a green card for medical needs. Ended up in Prague hospital after their pub crawl and it would have cost me a few 100 euros, but with my green card, 25 euros and i was back on the sesh two days later in berlin hahaha.  

Money wise, if you arent planning on withdrawing all your money needed for the trip beforehand get one of these http://www.postoffice.co.uk/travel-money/card.  The charges your debit card will place on you every time you withdraw will be extortionate and this is a sure way to save some dough, you can top it up online for free too.

Edited by Eraser