Cereal

3rd time's the Charm - Cereal's member app (ACCEPTED)

Like what everyone said, u are a great guy cereal and u improved so much over those past few months. Never seen him rage over the past few weeks, no troll, much banter. U deserve this hard, member material +1

you should get it this time... To everyone saying "has improved", fuck you. Cereal was perfectly fine before, there was no need for improvement, what is there not to like about him?!? Gl Cereal!

You +1 basically every single member app Finn so sorry we thought Cereal could have stepped it up a little to get member.

I kind of want to elaborate on my +1 because I feel I was kind of negative on how I replied to Finn here, Cereal is one of those rare JB players that is extremely helpful to new players, someone who is able to guide other players on the rules without coming across as condescending which is a complete gem in the rough.

Cereal is probably my most sincere +1 since I joined this community. I know the terminology ''Perfect member material'' gets thrown around alot but Cereal is just that.

If this application gets declined for the third time I will seriously be questioning the decision making of leadership.

SUMMARY -

JamesG applies and gets insta accepted

Cereal applies twice and makes massive improvements on his first application and got declined

Michael-What-the-office-10400786-400-226.gif

you should get it this time... To everyone saying "has improved", fuck you. Cereal was perfectly fine before, there was no need for improvement, what is there not to like about him?!? Gl Cereal!

As Rory mentioned, you only leave positive comments on member apps.

I am extremely bored so I decided to go through all your post history. I can confirm that you have never left a negative comment on a member app. It's fair if you only want to be seen as someone who says positive things, but slating people over their perfectly valid and respectful opinions on a member app is quite immature.

I get it that you hold Cereal in very high esteem but you can't just put him up on a pedestal, tell everyone he's perfect and then attack anybody who offers criticism.

The above was for Finn, the following is for you Cereal.

I think you've definitely improved since your last app, albeit small changes, though quite big ones since your first app. You've definitely proven yourself as member material by this stage and I wish you luck with your app.

Just will drop my couple of cents considering the sort of feedback that has popped up here.

I think Cereal's great. I'd probably echo Jamie's comments in that he can be overly shy at times, but otherwise I would happily say that you can be quietly confident this time around (as long as you don't go let your stress out on a nice juicy stack of Ts or something, then there might be complications).

As someone who was briefly inactive when he made his previous application, I couldn't entirely comment on the reasons of the previous decline at the time. However, when speaking to Cereal, he was mature enough to take on board the comments and get on with things. Perhaps his previous declines were harsh, but I would also argue that he was far more fragile back then and imo this has done him some good (not entirely justifying any decisions, but in hindsight this is something I can comment on from my one on one chats with him). In this sense, if he gets it this time around he'll be a far better member with the potential to go further should he continue to build up his confidence.

In regards to people relating one person's application success to others. For a start, comparing to others when each person has a different situation in the community would be a dumb move by any staff team; 'this person isn't as retarded as this person we have let be member in the past so ye okay' - it would lower standards and do the opposite of the direction we are wanting to progress towards. Secondly, comparing Cereal's applications to someone who was actually alright when they earned membership but dramatically went downhill and has consequently lost his membership is both insulting to Cereal and irrelevant to his application entirely.

To summarise; unless given reason otherwise, I will '+1' this application (usually I don't comment because, as someone who posts decisions, I wait to hear the rest of the team's opinions first). However I would say that people should be focusing on Cereal and this application, rather than tarnishing his application by repeating exactly what the person before you has said and complaining about previous decisions.

Extra note - I will be deleting shit copy pasta posts that aren't actually contributing (applying to all applications), just repeating this as several people clearly haven't read the March update :^) (implying OB reads anything, yes).