Sign in to follow this  
IrishChamp

Possibility of an IRC?

Hello. Most people reading this probably don't have a clue who I am but I'm a new member to Outbreak and seeing as new members are encouraged to get involved in the community I'm bringing forward a suggestion.

I was part of a very small gaming community (Tended to be around 30 regulars who contributed) for approx.4 years. We had an IRC channel that was actually linked to the ingame chat and it worked very well, meaning people that didn't have time to play could pop in and say something. It also was very handy for when people were abroad and without a PC. (Could use an IRC client on their mobile)

I'm not suggesting Outbreak link an IRC to CS;GO(If that's even possible) but I think it would allow for good text based discussion between the community. Currently the only ways to do that are to try use ingame chat (RIP) or have a forum topic (Which doesn't allow you to have an instant conversation with people)

If whoever would be responsible for making this decision (presumably Sir_Conor) decides this is a good idea, I would suggest having a web IRC embedded in the same row as "Home, FAQ, Members, etc.

Please leave any feedback you guys and gals have. I'm interested to see if you guys like the idea and feel free to ask any questions if I've shoddily explained anything.

Thank you if you got this far, apologies for the massive amount of text.

TL;DR: IRC would be an asset to the community

Hopefully you know we have a TS server where the whole community intergrates and all that crap. Not to mention theres even an app for it.

Don't see anything handy about this at all, tbf.

Hopefully you know we have a TS server where the whole community intergrates and all that crap. Not to mention theres even an app for it.

Don't see anything handy about this at all, tbf.

I'm aware of the TS3 server and how active it is, but I think if people were to start messaging in main channel chat that they would get flamed for all the little noises they were making everyone else endure. Maybe I just prefer the idea of a text based chat because I'm slightly shy and going into a room of 20 people and trying to talk is a little intimidating for me.

Thanks for the feedback anyway :)

If I was on holiday the last thing I would want to do is message you these cunts hahahah

This ayyy.

Imo it's not worth the hassle since we have a TS3 server already. You can just talk through chat there if you wish, people will usually read it. Also, I'm shy aswell but this community is really friendly so I feel comfortable with them, just stick arround and I'm sure that you'll end up feeling the same way as me. Just don't be a complete retard and you should do fine here.

If I was on holiday the last thing I would want to do is message you these cunts hahahah

Nice to meet you too :roll:

Imo it's not worth the hassle since we have a TS3 server already. You can just talk through chat there if you wish, people will usually read it. Also, I'm shy aswell but this community is really friendly so I feel comfortable with them, just stick arround and I'm sure that you'll end up feeling the same way as me. Just don't be a complete retard and you should do fine here.

Thanks for the advice Blyss ;)

Edited by Guest

Although I truly have no opinions on an IRC, I thought I would help you out on deleting a comment you've made. You should get a delete button in the top-right of your post, which you can use to delete it. Here is an image:

XtTA6RSWTth9XQ7f058qkep5jV117i_GEBmA3-ApTsc?size_mode=3&size=1024x768

EDIT: Well, this doesn't work, rather an annoying thing. Sorry 3

EDIT2: UnSeen hints that maybe it does work?? I will stay confused.

EDIT3: I can no longer delete mine. As this is now off-topic, would someone mind deleting this. Also I feel like an idiot

b979f85d7b.png

Edited by Guest

I deleted it for you Irish, and Popey was referring to the fact that if you are the most recent poster in a thread, you can delete your own post I believe (unless regular/anything below mod permissions for something that basic has changed) but as Popey posted to tell you that - he fucked up.

Back on topic, although I can see the positives of an IRC I'd agree with other posts about TS and whatnot. Your reason of being shy to use an IRC is probably one of the reasons why we wouldn't go with one, as we'd rather push people into using TS and being less shy so they can integrate with us all.

I don't really feel this as necessary because we already have plenty of ways of communicating and people that really like each other can get in touch via steam, facebook, text, whatsapp, etc.

That being said for a very long time people have asked for a shoutbox.

but as Popey posted to tell you that - he fucked up.

Nothing new really. kappa.png

Although you're all saying not to have one, I would like to see something like this as its still nice to intergrate with the server when we can't head into TS, either being because people don't like doing so or because they arent able to at the time.

Maybe not a IRC, so rarely used. Probably a web chat, signed in via steam, would be nice.

I honestly think a webchat room would see very little actual use + being totally spammed by the few who did use it.

Reality is I think the only people who would use a chat room are newer people, those who have quite found there circle in the community yet. Everyone else has their own methods. Examples are TS obviously but also there are a few whatsapp groups made up of different groups in the community + snapchat and other social medias that normal people use. So for about 80% of the people in this community there would be no need for one because there is so many ways to communicate already.

Therefore in my opinion a webchat room or whatever would just get spammed with pretty useless stuff and only really used by a handful of people.

Another point being if people want to chat casually they probably want to do it in private, this thing sounds like a bit to public for proper use.

My thoughts