Sign in to follow this  
Kartoffel

New server suggestions!

Surf RPG Deathmatch :D, love that combination :D; could always try and Natural Selection 2 server, though from what I've seen there are very very few populated servers on there, and I think it would probably be a waste of time. I know you mentioned a Minecraft server, and that is obviously a great idea due to the sheer popularity of Minecraft; however Feed the Beast (a modded version of minecraft) is also extremely popular. A friend runs two Minecraft servers, obviously one vanilla and one FTB, and both are often completely full; I would also say that FTB is a lot more enjoyable that vanilla Minecraft, but that is just me hehe :D, I'm sure manyh others prefer Vanilla. Only problem is FTB requires a bit more attention I think, obviously due to the sheer amount of mods included in the pack, it can cause server problems / lag problems :D.

Tbh I'm in agreement with most of what Jamie's said about this one.

I'm really not for the GMod server and I think we should either stick with a csgo server as we further branch out or try something completely new that we haven't done before. The issue with doing something completely new is that we don't know how it will work out obviously, but I would still rather try that than run a GM server. I enjoy GM in short bursts and it is a laugh, but the GMod community is well in place and I can see further divide within the community due to the attitude/maturity of most of the players I can imagine us reeling in. It might be full of younguns which will want to donate and help sustain the community, but I honestly see the work output for it not being worth when we can stick with something we are already into and can easily develop.

Personally I'm a fan of some sort of CSGO server, but it has to be something which will actually bring in players - I love the idea of DM Surf but I honestly doubt it will do that the same way as other servers can. Minigames / multigames / something we haven't done before seems like a realistic option if pulled off well (say a holiday period planned opening rather than just opening on a random day during school #flashbackstooldtimes).

tl;dr - not a gmod fan here, csgo srw seems realistic for next server excluding mc

I agree, I haven't actually seen a multigames server in csgo yet maybe because I haven't looked for them. But in CSS I used to play a lot in those types of servers. So I'd like the multigames / minigames one.

zombeh

Maybe we could have an Zombie Escape or zombeh server?

That's also kind of fun ;)

Which gets buggier every second update :cry1:

Surf Deathmatch is kinda boring if you mean guns at spawn like in a "Deathmatch". It will be a spawn camping war.

Is there anyway we can incorporate everyones ideas here into a server? Like instead of having to vote for a map at the end of a round, you vote for a game-mode, and then it loads a map with surf/deathrun/zombie-escape/deathmatch, each one lasting an hour or something and then you vote for the next game-mode, would keep it fresh rather than one fixed game i think......or does this little potato attempt to dream too much

Oh wait people are talking about it already....my bad i can't read everything......life's really busy in the HR department dealing with the trolls :)

Is there anyway we can incorporate everyones ideas here into a server? Like instead of having to vote for a map at the end of a round, you vote for a game-mode, and then it loads a map with surf/deathrun/zombie-escape/deathmatch, each one lasting an hour or something and then you vote for the next game-mode, would keep it fresh rather than one fixed game i think......or does this little potato attempt to dream too much

Oh wait people are talking about it already....my bad i can't read everything......life's really busy in the HR department dealing with the trolls :)

Minigames.