Sign in to follow this  
M1nt-l0u

General Election 2015

I'm not very political but I did vote (First time whoop), for anyone interested I was torn between green and labour and I voted labour in the end.

I'm not too sure what will happen next but I do feel that there is definitely a flaw in the system. The biggest example is UKIP recieved over one and a half times more votes then the SNP but only one seat whereas the SNP recieved 56. If the system was proportional then the SNP and the green party would be about level.

I'm trying to understand the idea of first past the post and looking at other voting systems but I doubt our voting system will change anytime soon so it looks like we'll have to live with a very fucked up system for a while.

Thanks Biggles for making a well informed judgment of the entire situation, your feedback has given me much to think about.

Jak, what you've got to realise is that people have opinions that are different to yours. Sure you can speculate what might happen due to the policies of UKIP, but all that shows is that you can only think from your point of view, something which you routinely blame me for doing. With regards to UKIP, you're just as bad as I am.

60% of people agree with UKIP's plan for immigration control, it's just unfortunate that those same 60% don't agree/are not informed about the rest of their stuff enough to give us more votes. A PR system speaks for what the people actually want, and there's no escaping the fact that having nearly 4 million votes represented by a single seat is just reveals how flawed our system is; it isn't giving smaller parties a fair shot. Or course this favours the two at the top, so why would they change it?

Different opinions are fine, I don't mind that at all. I encourage differences and I am open to new ideas. I honestly find it very bizarre that someone who supports a party that is by its very nature completely against different views to their own would even attempt to question someone else's open mind. UKIP's policies are dog shit that make no sense. Cut taxes across the board but increase budgets on a large number of services? Where does that money come from Mintlou? It can't be pulled out of thin air. They have nothing other than keeping out hard workers. That's why I say what I say about that joke of a political party.

Give me a source on your bullshit 60% agree statistic.

And wist I wasn't comparing Farage to those other figures, I was just saying that just because a lot of people vote for something does not make it alright and used them as examples.

Where are they getting the money?

Check their manifesto's last few pages where they have included an independently verified financial plan; the first time any party has ever had this done in the history of British politics

cGuD67L.png

GN8qn4I.png

What you've done there is be ignorant again. You didn't need to bother questioning their financial plans had you have actually looked at the manifestos of each party and then come to a proper, informed opinion.

I am a UKIP fanboy, but even I looked around to see if anyone else suited me better, I didn't just bitch about it like 90% of the 'politically informed' people tend to do, like many at my sixth form. "Vote Labour coz of uni fees, don't vote UKIP coz the media told me they hate immigrants". By the way, this isn't me having a dig at you in this post, I'm just trying to get my point to you, aggressive as it might seem.

I'm also looking for that 60% source.

The thing is, it doesn't matter who gets in.

Everyone expects there to be massive change when a new government comes into power.

But nothing will change.

Lets look at UK2.0. America. Obama is up for presidency, change, change, change.

What happened? Basically nothing. America still buttmad, they just had other things to be buttmad about. What would happen here? Nothing... It didn't matter who wins, shit will keep spiraling.

When will you realise politics and elections are just a made up fairy tale, created by the controling body to make us think we actually have an effect?

It's funny how so many people are saying they voted labour etc, and I haven't heard of 1 person voting conservative....

Sexy sexy vote fix

I have to disagree with you there Gaz I think that's pretty cynical. The system we have is important,it's not the best but it's a damn better than a lot of things. What nobody seems to understand is that when a government makes a law it can take years to trickle down to those who need it. But people want instant change and get buttmad and vote someone else In, that party spends the first few years reversing everything else the party before them put in so no changes are made. I'm interested to see how the conservatives will do now they have been given the time for their long year plans to come into effect, it might not work but it might do. With the deficit as big as it is and the country in the way that it is conservative ideals might be the only thing that will work

I have to disagree with you there Gaz I think that's pretty cynical. The system we have is important,it's not the best but it's a damn better than a lot of things. What nobody seems to understand is that when a government makes a law it can take years to trickle down to those who need it. But people want instant change and get buttmad and vote someone else In, that party spends the first few years reversing everything else the party before them put in so no changes are made. I'm interested to see how the conservatives will do now they have been given the time for their long year plans to come into effect, it might not work but it might do. With the deficit as big as it is and the country in the way that it is conservative ideals might be the only thing that will work

But didn't you vote SNP ie left-wing?

OUR NIGEL ISN'T GOING ANYWHERE!!!!!!!!!!!!

1017739_753280291386243_8538108291027881607_n.jpg?oh=06d955d12909310ae886ccd1e9981c5a&oe=560CE3E6&__gda__=1439945880_b042f0f9538834592277ca39045f683d

Statement from Steve Crowther, Chairman of UKIP:

"As promised Nigel Farage tendered his official resignation as leader of UKIP to the NEC. This offer was unanimously rejected by the NEC members who produced overwhelmingly evidence that the UKIP membership did not want Nigel to go.

"The NEC also concluded that UKIP's general election campaign had been a great success. We have fought a positive campaign with a very good manifesto and despite relentless, negative attacks and an astonishing last minute swing to the Conservatives over fear of the SNP, that in these circumstances, 4 million votes was an extraordinary achievement.

"On that basis Mr Farage withdrew his resignation and will remain leader of UKIP. In addition the NEC recognised that the referendum campaign has already begun this week and we need our best team to fight that campaign led by Nigel. He has therefore been persuaded by the NEC to withdraw his resignation and remains leader of UKIP."

Hey guys its been a while, how's everyone do-

DAVID CAMERONS A CUNT

ED MILIBANDS A PUSSY

UKIP SHOULD OF WON

MUH LABUHR

MUH COHNSURVARTIVS

MUH UKEEP

oh. Well, fuck it, I've been bored out of my mind, recently, why not refresh it with some pure political banter.

I'm going to be honest, its been a while since we had a majority government that isn't labour was back in 1992, so having a different take on pro-corporations (after so many years of pro-small business) it will be a great experiment to see which policy stands out for the british voters, though, from the results that we have seen from the past few years, its helped a couple of spreadsheets with fancy little numbers on them.

Don't get me wrong, I like looking at fancy little numbers, in fact, I've looked them over quite a few times

http://www.ons.gov.uk/ons/dcp171778_401691.pdf <--A link to export/import value of UK

http://www.ons.gov.uk/ons/dcp171766_403187.pdf<--A link to the UK's Economic Review as of May 2015

As of May 2015, the overall standard of our fancy numbers has improved, but not by a sizable chunk so we can feel the benefits sadly,our unemployment rate for 16+ has decreased by around 2 percentage points (from 8% to around 6.7%), though this might seem good, we have no idea where these jobs are in the labour sector (could be part-time jobs, graduate jobs, uneducated, apprenticeships etc) as around 27% of our 16+ our in part-time jobs, while the remains 72% were in Full-time as of a report from 2012.

(An excerpt from the review paper :Figure 3:)

This rose relatively rapidly from around 25% to 27% between 2008 and 2010, and has remained at this higher level over the last four years – only gradually drifting downwards since mid-2012. The share of employment accounted for by full-time workers experienced an equal and opposite move: easing from around three quarters of employment prior to the downturn, to just over 72% by the summer of 2012.

The problem with this is that Part-Time work has shifted by 2 Percentage points from Post-Labour, which is problematic for the legitimacy of the Conservatives 'long-term economic plan' (don't get me wrong, we need radical change, and a little sacrifice to see big changes).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Moving on..

Whatever, you hear about people saying that the size of meals is getting smaller but the price is still the same as well as Electricity & Fuel have rose, thats been true for the last 4 years, yes, but, recent sources from the National office say that its finally starting to fall, with Elec,Gas & Fuel going down by 0.6% (yeah, yeah, doesn't seem like a fucking lot, get over it) and Food/Drink by 0.2%.

Source : Economic Review Link, Page 11

However, this is the big part, so Kids, turn to Page 18 on your Links to the Economic Review.

Turns out, our great plan has went & gone fucked itself, we may have been on a downward spiral, but underneath the conservatives our account balance (% of nominal GDP) has shrunk by 6% compared to German-Stronkland

Well, now, this doesn't seem so good now.....

(Also, turns out we're also Importing more goods/materials/german sex toys than what we're pumping out, however, don't let it get in the way of our retail sales doe, dat shit be mad dollar)

Also, I want to see Scotland squirm from the Fiscal Autonomy they be granted, only then, will they realise how fucked they truly are.