Sign in to follow this  
M1nt-l0u

General Election 2015

Nah, if you don't agree with any of the parties, read into your local MPs, and see what issues they are fighting for locally, and then balance their local policies with the policies of the party they stand for. I mean, obviously don't vote for a candidate who represents a party that you have a massive objection to, but if you have a really good local candidate who has a good track record of improving the local community then they could be worth voting for. Or, vote for an independent if they seem okay, that definitely sends a better message to parties than simply spoiling your vote.

When I vote, it'll be to keep the Tories out of power, but to those who are unsure having a quick look at what the candidates want to do locally is a good idea.

Watching the Tories shoot themselves in the face repetitively is getting to be quite enjoyable. Slate Labour for making "unfunded claims", and then make an unfunded claim to spend £8bn on the NHS. They then announce cutting inheritance tax - because if people were unsure if they stood for the rich and privileged, they sure as hell are now! They seem to be panicking, because their campaign is getting highly personal! The right wing papers are also trying their best to smear Labour, but I'm hoping people will see straight through that.

Also, Labours manifesto was released today, and it is pretty decent. It's nice to see them swing back towards the left a little, and move on from what New Labour was. I think they've won my vote for this election.

You catch the Daily Politics too? Some guy was just stuttering about 'long term economic plan', and seemed incapable of actually answering questions about cuts, tax increases and where precisely the £8bn was going to come from.

"We will improve the security and reward of working life by raising the National Minimum Wage to more than £8 an hour by October 2019, banning exploitative zero-hours contracts and promoting the Living Wage" <-- that's a bit wishy-washy. By Oct 2019, who knows how much £8 will be worth, lol. But at least they aren't looking to stuff those on lower wages in real terms.

"migrants from the EU will not be able to claim benefits until they have lived here for at least two years. We will make it illegal to undercut wages by exploiting migrant workers, and work to strengthen integration within our communities. Everyone who works with the public in our public services must be able to speak English." <-- Ed Mintlouband???? Seems fairish

Though...

"For too long we have failed to provide a system which makes the best use of the talents of young people. So we will guarantee every school leaver that gets the grades an apprenticeship. We will create thousands more apprenticeships in the public sector, including the civil service. Every firm getting a major government contract, and every large employer hiring skilled workers from outside the EU, will be required to offer apprenticeships.

We will give employers more control over apprenticeships funding and standards. In return, we will ask them to increase the number of high quality

apprenticeships in their sectors and supply chains. We will also give them the powers to deal with any free-riding employers who do not train. Labour’s apprenticeships will be gold-standard qualifications. We will re-focus existing spending away from low-level apprenticeships for older people, and towards a system where apprenticeships are focused on new job entrants,lasting at least two years, and providing level three qualifications or above.

We will make sure that apprenticeships can lead to higher level qualifications by creating new Technical Degrees and supporting part-time study. They will be co-funded, co-designed and co-delivered by employers and they will be thepriority for expansion within our university system." A lot of verbage but worth reading pour voi mintflauer. xoxo

Haven't finished reading it yet, but liking the Labour manifesto at the mo. Looking very groovy. Nice to see they've gotten some balls at last and seem to be finally saying something.

LABOUR MANIFESTO HERE

Ed will do anything to get his seat, including lying about SNP coalition.... Whoever you vote for, just avoid Labour. (In my view)

I think labour will get the highest number of seats even if it isn't majority tbh, if not then a very close 2nd.

Don't know if your post was a serious one , but avoiding your vote for labour just cause they were "lying about SNP coalition" is just stupid compared to other reasons why you should and shouldn't vote for labour. You might as well just vote for UKIP...who makes comments like "not british enough to be in our parliament" :lol: