Sign in to follow this  
VENGA BUS

[EVENT] A New Year: Revolution [11/01/15 7PM]

It was a good event. It was very well planned in the sense of getting people into teams and Venga + Keiji armed with commands at the ready, it was seamless. The glock drops were perfect, the respawns were perfect and watching the T get to the control room was executed with military precision.

Top event, loved that idea, it made things quite balanced. Map was ideal for what we were doing, although perhaps something with some more conventional entrances would be more ideal in the future (not easy entrances, but say a climb or something). I suppose the next thing we have to try and do is think of something would make the event more time efficient. Teams decided before the event, then a very quick overview in-game and then just rock on. Some people were AFK towards the end which dampened the light of things too, they'd had their turn and buggered off. :(

The fact that the lift was not working properly made the first round extremely frustrating, loads of people in T1's CT half were just trying to figure out ways to get the lift working, hence why they survived for so long.

But the idea was really good, became enjoyable after a while. Shame the lift was a piece of crap though.

:glad2: :glad2: :glad2: :glad2: :glad2:

Worst event for me and my team (yes i enjoyed being a T for 2rounds) , still dont understand why people voted no after our round was obv messed up. It shows how greedy people are for the win and dont have sympathy for my team that didnt have time to set up properply. And when the event was finished everyone would say i voted YES for your team huehue. imo its really sad from the community that the majority voted NO. i mean the teams that already played CT would obv vote NO so they would know my team wouldnt win. so FUCK YOU if you voted NO and MUTED cuz im a dickhead.

and keji and venga great event, put alot of energy into it.

Worst event for me and my team (yes i enjoyed being a T for 2rounds) , still dont understand why people voted no after our round was obv messed up. It shows how greedy people are for the win and dont have sympathy for my team that didnt have time to set up properply. And when the event was finished everyone would say i voted YES for your team huehue. imo its really sad from the community that the majority voted NO. i mean the teams that already played CT would obv vote NO so they would know my team wouldnt win. so FUCK YOU if you voted NO and MUTED cuz im a dickhead.

What happened to your round? Also I voted yes, not for your team but because I wanted it to last longer. HUEHUEHUE

What happened to your round? Also I voted yes, not for your team but because I wanted it to last longer. HUEHUEHUE

Lobster's keyboard broke mid no-clip and he got stuck in a wall and slain which messed up all of our planning lol

don't see why we couldn't have just delayed the round start until it was fixed and start the time from there but oh well

Edited by Guest

Lobster's keyboard broke mid no-clip and he got stuck in a wall and slain which messed up all of our planning lol

didnt last 30 seconds

I'm not always going to make the right call when dealing with unexpected tech shit and the pressure of impatience which you get when an event is held up or delayed, particularly by something beyond your control. So that's why I didn't delay the round Sony - people were probably impatient enough already, given the huge delay at the start when the elevator decided to reveal that its perfect functioning in the test event was actually just a cunning ruse.

Also, Stiqqy, what do you mean didn't last 30 seconds? Every team got 1.5 minutes from round start to get their gear, and tell me that they were ready to be noclipped.

Re: Mint et Louis le Grand, thanks. I think we'd go for 2 rounds per team, as that was the original idea. It was only when the tech fuck-ups at the start were so slow, that the warm-up dragged on. Also, picking teams before an event is great in theory, but as you saw, people make a lovely habit of not showing up - thus completely skewering the teams when someone like me drops out, only to be replaced by someone like Riley or Twist. It's happened before to much rage in events. I think with teams, you're a bit damned if you do, damned if you don't. :(

Also, re quick overview - it's more or less impossible, given that only a few people read the thread. I love the theory, but the practice is very impractical.

"-Future reference: If both hosts agree, just enforce the idea you have, don't put up a vote haha." - absolutely. I put too much faith in people's good nature. It was sorely misplaced. :P

Thanks everyone for the comments and criticism. Much appreciated. :) Hope to revisit this event in the future, perhaps on a map with no lifts???????

Not bothering to bring up previous criticism etc. The main issues weren't your fault, but as I mentioned to you and I'm just posting for suggestions for future events, things which you can't control for sure, - like maps and their issues - should have a back up. If you had a second map ready then as soon as we discovered the issue we coulda just switched maps to the safer option.

I know testing didn't bring up any issues - but people lead busy lives and you don't have time to scrape every inch of the map, and so you can never be sure what might pop up. Imo all the issues were caused by the map issue; stress led to less decisive judgement, map issue made it borked for Ts especially at the start, took an hour for first round to begin but that was because time was spent working out how to fix an issue sourced from the infamous elevator.

Idea was good, setup was ideal, pulling it off didn't go to plan - but hey ho, it was the first time I personally have felt some proper OB spirit as people look on the bright side and had a laugh about it and made the most of it - it put a smile on my face as it reminded me of some of the old events and times.

Thanks for the event Keiji & Venga xoxo

Funny thing is, we specifically did test the elevator. That was the bit that worked perfectly in testing. We even timed it down to the last second, how long it would take for Ts to get up from cells, into elevator, and up the dam, lol.

Which is my point - it's a pain in the fucking arse but you can never know what is gonna happen with maps, especially when it's not been tested with a stampede of mindless hooligans [Yes this is my description of myself and anyone playing T during the event lele]. So a back up would have been ideal.

As I say, not your fault - just something for future, so that one day we can reach that perfected OB event.

What am I saying? It wouldn't be an OB event without a flaw. Still waiting on Fluxy to turn up for that event. :')

Its such a shame because it was such a good idea and the map was perfect! Why the elevator broke is beyond me.

When stuff like this comes up, its so annoying for everyone, I can imagine especially for the hosts. Everything else went pretty smooth apart from the technical faults. Doesn't help that people scream down mics and shit (Swordfish).

Thanks for hosting it anyway Venga and Keiji, it was a proper OB event <3.

You guys got screwed, which I'm sorry for... As soon as the vote came, I voted yes for re-round instantly as did most of T1 I believe. I couldn't believe the no got majority...