Sign in to follow this  
VENGA BUS

[EVENT] A New Year: Revolution [11/01/15 7PM]

Thanks for the comments. Would really like to do this again, but having addressed all the faults in it.

And sorry Stiqqy. :( I was under pressure so thought a vote would be a good idea. Turns out it wasn't. :/

Its fine veng it was still a very good event even with the killer elevator :D

I fucking wish CTs got points, 54K as a CT would put me in the lead surely

WE LET YOU TAKE THE AWP ROLE THEN YOU GO DITCH THE TEAM N1 DUDE

Master strat builder here HELLO??!?!1?

I fucking wish CTs got points, 54K as a CT would put me in the lead surely

WE LET YOU TAKE THE AWP ROLE THEN YOU GO DITCH THE TEAM N1 DUDE

Master strat builder here HELLO??!?!1?

You were team 1 right? That was a very good positioning for being the first team to have to defend. Though you had luck we didn't know about the lift being so buggy.

Event 10/10 elevator 5/10, overall score 15/10. Nice event enjoyed it a lot.

Read the comments seems it was a success great work! Sorry I did not show up I was occupied.

Anyway hope to see more comming up, seems people enjoy them and perhaps next time I will actually have time to participate.

Good event - some technical issues but I'm wise to the fact that Veng+Keij tried these out in a trial event and they were fine.

It wasn't too hard for the Ts and wasn't too easy for the CT's tbh - all it took was a few guys on the bottom shooting up to avoid people peaking while others climbed up the dam to the AWPer.

Now we've gone through it and realised some things, I'd +1 it as defo an event for the future

Suggestions:

If we were doing two rounds each, make it a bit easier for the Ts: Maybe all the CTs HAVE to stay inside the dam area, and Ts are allowed p250s also.

Remaining with one round each, I actually think we should make it harder for the Ts. If you scrapped the 40 minute warm up, the actual event in game time was T1: 15mish, T2: 8mish, T3: 1mish (lel), T2: 10mish (all guesses, but you see it rounds to about 40 minutes or so). Events usually last for 2 hours - so if technical difficulties and shit were sorted next time - perhaps a few more guns for the CTs to store in the credzz room or more ammo. 45 second respawn?

-Maybe organise the teams before the event, even a few days in advance - you may say, but people can drop out - never really had more than 3 or 4 people drop out though. Anyone who drops out from say Team 2, can just be replaced by first reserve. Makes things run faster and smoother on the day - and allows the team to plan tactics/get to know each other better in the days leading up. Also, it was cool not knowing the individual prize (if this was intended) - people didn't seem that hungry to win as an individual - organising T strats and stuff. Winning as a team is defo more rewarding.

-Team events are certainly the way forward for me, it's a lot funner when you're doing it with other people than events where it's everyone for himself.

-Future reference: If both hosts agree, just enforce the idea you have, don't put up a vote haha.

Great that a lot of people signed up - and the event was full to the brim with 5 reserves left over. At peak in 2012 OB was doing an event every 2 weeks - so if 2 admins have the time, get planning the next one!

Good event, ty for organising+ hosting

Edited by Guest