Jamie

nick, bike, thunder, ext1nct, danny

2 hours ago, Fluxy said:

Lewis, you say stuff like this doesn't work. lol ofc it won't if no one plans it 

Unfourtuantly last night I had planned to go to the cinema, the first indiciation I had that you guys were gonna do it was Jamie messaging me saying "you good to do this in 10 minutes" then I check this thread and all thunder says is "Danny's back we can do it anytime" THEN everyone is like "LETS DO IT TODAY YEAH" 

There have been plenty CSGO tourneys in the past and other events that pepole will turn up for on time when they are properly organised and set up in advance. 

Yes loads of people are on their PCs at night but that doesn't mean they are free to play two to three games of CS back to back at a minutes notice. 

If you guys want this to happen it's really not hard to set a date AND SET TEAMS BEFORE YOU ACTUALLY START in advance so people actually know when it's happening. 

Also, if we do it again and the new kids still beat the old dogs for the 3rd time I think you guys are just gonna have to accept that's your old news and move on :spooky:

This idea was literally created about 2 weeks ago, and Jamie and I have tried at least 3 times to get it organised on occasion. 

I don't really view it as something which needs 'planning' we all play 3 gathers every single night, what's the difference?

There's a big difference between an actual OB event like the one I organised earlier this year, and something like this which is LITERALLY just 2 or 3 gather games.

My point is that as soon as something becomes 'slightly' organised, in that the teams are done in advance, and you stick with your team, everybody suddenly gets massive commitment issues.

Anyway as Twist said, we got no one who wants to play

Edited by Lewis

again I disagree. 

As someone who is in alot of those gathers that happen every night. Yes it is very common for two gathers to happen back to back, slightly less so for 3 but it does happen, but what almost never happens, is for the same 10 people that were in the first one to be in the third one. People are always dropping, finding replacements and so on.

I dont really understand why your chucking your toys out the pram at the mere suggestion to a bit of organisation because your basing your planning off the fact that 10 people WILL be their PC and they WILL play 3 games in a row at short notice. "We all play 3 gathers a night" there are certain people who will, but most will not. 

As I said previously this would be something I want to do but if you guys are gonna be like "lets do it today!, oh, we cant do it today :(, FINE WE ARENT DOING IT ALL" i cba.

Also, jamie made the thread, so imo he needs to be the one to organise it. 

Hopefully this will put an end to some of your misunderstandings:

1) As I've stressed over and over, and this is a point which seemingly formulates all of your arguments - this.isn't.an.ob.event. It's a fun alternative to the gathers which are played every single night

2) The reason this was done on a whim was because Jamie was in a channel with all the 'yung' talent - he voiced it, and all 5 of them said they'd be up for playing. He sees me in a channel with Greg, we both say yes. In the space of several seconds that's 8 players who committed, on the spot. Hence the urgency to try and find just TWO people last night.

3) Just sort of stressing on point 1, if you really feel like I need to babysit you guys into giving an exact date, time, place etc. then fair enough. Maybe we should. But building on point 2, that's why it was attempted last night. We're all like 18 years old+ I didn't realise something of such simplicity needed so much organisation

4) The 'crying' isn't criticising people like you, who had plans already like the cinema.

5) If you think it's unlikely that we can't get 10 people to play a bo3 in a night then IDEK. People leave gathers because it's a gather, they haven't committed, they lost, maybe. Obviously there'd be incentive to stay on if you're playing an actual game. I don't think it's exactly a rare occurrence for 10 players to play 2 gathers back to back. Maybe we have different experiences though.

6) The increased annoyance is probably due to the fact this was attempted about 5 times and failed. But as we said - no point setting a date now, because we can't find people to play. You'll play, that's 3 people. Nobody else is up for it. Thread should have ended 10 or so posts back.

Edited by Lewis

7 hours ago, Mintlou said:

I disagree with you Lewis so I'm going to reiterate my opinion and hope you shut up.

Isn't this literally your whole approach to life??? 

Also  getting a cheeky dig in about something that was posted 3 months ago????? Bit slow dude. 

Edited by Fluxy