Sign in to follow this  
Jak

Give fucking bhop.

why would you want auto hop, it then makes it so there is no skill involved, maybe on Ob surf i will agree just for the fact that all the other surf servers i have played have had it, but that is just me. Maybe that is what sets OB out from the rest. But on OB jail hell no, then there is no fun and t's will easily win (probably).

Pretty sure it's not going to happen. There already has been introduced an easier way to bhop which keeps your speed and momentum if done correctly but it does involve skill. That's as far as it will go in terms of bhop. Otherwise, all the noobs would have to do is hold spacebar and ez hops meanwhile the pro people wont get rewarded for their skill. And that comes from a person who is nowhere near good at surfing / bhoping.

5 hours ago, Twiixtor said:

Pretty sure it's not going to happen. There already has been introduced an easier way to bhop which keeps your speed and momentum if done correctly but it does involve skill. That's as far as it will go in terms of bhop. Otherwise, all the noobs would have to do is hold spacebar and ez hops meanwhile the pro people wont get rewarded for their skill. And that comes from a person who is nowhere near good at surfing / bhoping.

Well take it from someone who has played hundreds and hundreds of hours of combat surf, a lack of consistent bhop is not "skill", it's dogshit. There is a reason auto bhop exists in CSGO (it wasn't needed in CSS), and it's to allow people to focus on the actual skill of combat surf, not worrying whether or not you are going to get stuck trying to telehop. The whole thing with combat surf is being able to move around the entire map at speed. There are maps (big loop, great river in particular) which rely on being able to bhop to keep travelling, let alone getting a competitive advantage. That shouldn't be left down to hoping you manage to hit that 1 in 4 chance bhop like it is now.

Autohop existed on CSS, GMod - it isn't something that was done especially for CS:GO (though I get your argument about how much more essential it is for minimum server manager effort).

Regardless, this whole discussion is irrelevant. The argument I had was never to do with 'no to autohop' or a refusal to have it full stop. The current ability to bhop IS too hard, the people who sort out the server stuff (which is now me) have never denied that, my arguments have never been 'ye if your skilled you can do it bru' because that's not true - it is possible to be consistent but it is so hard that it pretty much comes out as chance.

The reason autohop wasn't added straight off the bat is because after looking into different things there can be a way to set it up so we wouldn't need autohop but it would still be easy enough to hop coming off ramps onto water, the issue is that it requires so many different plugins, cvars and cfgs and because some of them conflict I've been looking in my spare time to try find ways around those conflicts. You say that you have been playing lots of other servers and I don't deny that knowledge, but when we work on an OB server we never intend to just flat out copy other servers and stick the OB brand on it - I was trying to find a way to make it work and make it individual to OB. What I got instead was constant whining, ignorance to anything I was trying to say and individuals being incredibly rude, obnoxious and condescending in front of a channel full of people while not giving me a chance to put what I was trying to get across into words.

Due to the difficulty of getting my ideal way working, I will be looking at instead finding a way to restrict the autohop instead. This was never a matter of 'no you can't have the easier bhop' but of a 'in what way am I going to go about dealing with it'. If you are so impatient that you can't give the time to even listen to people's explanations, yet alone give them a chance to work out the issue (done alongside a multitude of other server issues and the mass of other stuff that I do outside of working on servers) in between having school and having some chill time, then I really don't know what your expectations are.

I'm sorry if this response comes across as me being somewhat pissy. The truth is Jak I had been waiting a while to get permissions for quite a while and I had gained perms for all of 20 minutes or something when you challenged it on TS. Usually I don't get pissed off by what people say and their attitude but, as someone who has been around for such a long time, you should know better than to act in such a condescending, demanding manner towards people who are actually trying to contribute to the community.

tl;dr - Bhop will come irrelevant of what form it comes in, just have a little bit of patience (I know, it's a big ask for OB).

I wasn't trying to be a dick to you unseen, apologies because I know how much effort you put into everything. My post above is definitely not addressed to you in any way. This is, however, the first time you (or anyone) has explained anything further than "auto bhop was bad so no", that's why I was getting shorter and shorter in asking and came across like a little shitbag kid. It's nice to hear why it hasn't been visibly resolved yet and I look forward to being able to use the server properly.