Sign in to follow this  
Lewis

Your biggest exam clutch ever

History exam some years ago in high school. I used to like history but that year I was always at the back of the class with one of my best friends. We kept talking and doing random shit every single class so we didn't know anything about the subject. We had a project and we didn't even try to do it, on some mini-exams we always had really shitty grades arround 50% and so before the exam the teacher told me that I would have to score at least 70% or she would fail me. I thought it was impossible, I barely studied because I thought it was pointless but *SOMEHOW* I managed to score exactly 70%. God it felt good.

I changed From RE to PWFL 2 weeks before exam week because i was apparently "rude" to a member of staff that taught that lesson. Didnt really attend any of the lessons for the subject and then exam week came around. Walked into the exam thinking oh shit i know 0% about anything to do with R.E. Walked out thinking meh it was alright. Got the results back and got a C. The luck was real.

Also during year 11 i never finished both papers in my maths exam and still managed to score about 10 marks over the minimum Mark for Higher paper.

Edited by Guest

Second year in uni, was an exam on Irish Film. The content on the module and the lecturer fucking bored me to death. Went to one class which was the introduction, never went to the rest. Used the online resources to start revising the night before the exam, still got 60% gg wp would do again.

Second year, Criminal Justice systems in the UK module, hadn't really done much work all term for it. Pretty sure was gonna fail the exam hard. exam was on a Wednesday morning, at 12. Tuesday night couple of freinds of mine are going out clubbing. Ask me round and tempt me with a few drinks. Getting a bit drunk and bitching about how I'm legit going to fail this exam the next day and I cba with it, freind asks me if I want to come out with them on the heavy yolo. After a few more drinks agree, end up taking a pill in this club that absolutely fucked me into next week. Still rolling hard at 5AM, forced myself to sleep, woke up at 11 went to uni, found out they had never booked me a computer (I use a computer to write exams cause I'm dyslexic and can't really write neatly or well) so I had to do my first ever written external exam. Was sweating out the drugs hard, shaking, could barley think.

66%

Nailed it.

I was supposed to take History for GCSE, ended up with Music, I didn't know a single musical instrument and I was full on FUCKED.

My first GCSE piece was literally me banging keys on the piano, nothing else.

My understanding of the theory was 0/16, 3/20, 1/35.

My second GCSE piece was me doing Fur Elise (I had only that song taught to me by a piano tutor, just so i HAD something)

I was literally so fucking down about it, My teacher hated me, she knew I wasn't supposed to be there and i was going to be a mark on her GCSE record this year.

And somehow, a fucking miracle happened, I passed with a C.

Even my teacher said she was proud of me.

That will, forever be my Life-clutch moment.

I don't do any revision for tests, all i do is remember the shit which is actually taught in the lesson. The only test i revised for was the 11+ in year 6 and i failed on maths by 5 points or summin. And yet now i'm great at maths and shit at english.

But this year we had our first "proper" test and we had old papers for our mocks and we did pretty well in top set. Then weeks after the actual exam took place, the teacher said he knew the results and said that quite a few of us failed, but of course he's just an irish scrub who thinks he's 'ard and thinks english rap songs are amazing and basically lied in the end. So 90% of the year got a pass in the level 1 or 2 exam. The 10% was from people who were absent.

Further Maths, I don't know how I thought it was ok to revise for one of the hardest a-levels the day before exam, but I did it. FP1 if any of you were wondering. I basically didn't understand anything in class and relied on my mate sitting next to me to copy stuff off of and do homeworks by looking at mark schemes/answers on google. So the night before the exam, I was like fuck, I am just gonna do the whole year's work on it in 1 day and I somehow revised everything before like 3 am in the morning and had 4 hours of sleep. I come out of the exam thinking well "that was easy... too easy maybe I fucked up". Results come in and I get 91% 8-) . But to be honest I spent like 6 hours straight revising for it and FP1 is piss easy but since I didn't know how to do anything before the exam day, i'd say it's a clutch.

Also, GCSES, clutched all of them. My schedule was: Revise everything the day before, got 2 exams on the same day and 2 exams the day after? no problem, study during an exam day. Oh and enjoy study leave playing games. Ended up getting 7A*s. (Don't do this for your a-levels/Uni lmao).

Went out with mates, some edgy kids and some chavs night before. Got ruined on spirits and nightmare breakup with gf.

Woke up drunk.

Did exam at nine in English lit and got max marks.

The fucking picture going with this rofl...

As for me:

Lack of revision = GCSE R.E. I didn't doss around in class, so I had that knowledge going for me. But I literally started revising at 10pm the night before, and crammed some in during the morning while at school. Came out with an A - about 82%

Shittest subject / teacher no confidence = Spanish GCSE - Pulled out max marks in the listening exam, had coasted along the past 4 years and got predicted a C or something.

Biggest shock = AS Nazi History re-sit. Got 70/100 first time around. Wanted to retake to go for the A/A* next year. Told my friends if I got 100/100 I'd be in a comfy position as a joke. All lold at me, teacher told me it was unrealistic, need to aim for 75 or 80. Came out with the 100%.

Had to make a 5 minute movie on the Geography of Brazil.

Started making it, got 30 seconds in then just said fuck it and corrupted the file then submitted it.

Got 95% somehow, guess I have a lazy teacher.

Ay lmao that reminds me of a teacher I had last year, during our laboratory exams I didn't know shit but somehow we all got the same grades (between 65-70%). I bet he didn't even look at the exams rofl

Had to make my final assay for school. Needed 10 specimens to do some tests with, but they were hard to get. I was on internship in a hospital's labartory. After asking other hospitals to collect specimens for me, i had one week before the deadline only 6. Decided together with my mentor to make some syntetic specimens, quickly tested them, evaluated the results, calculated a lot of statistic and wrote a 70 page report of it, because the hospital needed it for a accreditation. Just before the deadline everything was finished and validated whilst i worked 40 hours a week, i nailed that shit.