Sign in to follow this  
Skeff

Counter Strike: Global Offensive Revamp

Hi Guys.

When we first got our CSGO jailbreak server I thought it would be great to get some maps we had on CSS back onto CSGO. I converted Airship to CSGO, we put it on the server and it went down well. I later converted Outbreak Day which we used in a few events. I then came up with a small list of CSS maps which I wanted to convert and I have slowly been working on all of these.

I've had most of these ready for a month or two however I've had various issues with them all, the most recent of which was caused by the most recent CSGO update, meaning dynamic lighting will screw up large portions of maps so I've had to remove all dynamic lighting, resulting in some strange looking discos.

Either way here is a list of all the maps I have converted and/or edited, they will be on the server soon.

Wakka

This map was originally created for the Freedom Gamers. I converted it from Counter Strike: Source to Counter Strike: Global Offensive.

HKabwZ1.jpg

Space Jail

This map was originally created for the GE Clan. I converted it from Counter Strike: Source to Counter Strike: Global Offensive.

a7F1w0v.jpg

Lotus

This map was originally created for the Outbreak-Community. I converted the Outbreak specific version from Counter Strike: Source to Counter Strike: Global Offensive.

SEl9nhR.jpg

Leoben

This map was originally created for Edge Gamers Organisation. We had a version of this for CSGO however due to personal preference I converted it from Counter Strike: Source to Counter Strike: Global Offensive and I edited in a few improvements from Counter Strike: Global Offensive.

mzjKebg.jpg

Outbreak Day

This map was originally created for the Outbreak-Community. I converted it from Counter Strike: Source to Counter Strike: Global Offensive.

5vWGDrR.jpg

Dubai

This map was on the Outbreak-Community server however there were a few errors which resulted in it being removed. I removed the issues we had with the map.

bPfQySH.jpg

Summer

This map was originally created by Tom Green. I converted the Outbreak specific version from Counter Strike: Source to Counter Strike: Global Offensive.

Ys4aiLA.jpg

Trainingcamp

This map was originally created for the Outbreak-Community. We had a version of this for CSGO however due to personal preference I edited the Counter Strike: Global Offensive version to include a few features from Counter Strike: Source and changed a lot of the colour scheme to the original.

ka4476b.jpg

Aeon

This map was originally created by _RapterOne_. I converted it from Counter Strike: Source to Counter Strike: Global Offensive.

KQ0xyz3.jpg

Battleforce Summer

I converted this from Counter Strike: Source to Counter Strike: Global Offensive.

4m0axcs.jpg

Freedom Final

This map was originally created for Freedom Gamers. I converted it from Counter Strike: Source to Counter Strike: Global Offensive.

fKhKL1G.jpg

Airship

A version of this map has been on the server for a while now, it was the first map I ever converted. It was originally created for Syndicate Gamers. I converted it from Counter Strike: Source to Counter Strike: Global Offensive.

sMaBz7F.jpg

Blackops

This map was originally created by Blackops. I converted it from Counter Strike: Source to Counter Strike: Global Offensive.

XCbGEhA.jpg

Summer Redux

This map was originally created for GE Clan. I converted it from Counter Strike: Source to Counter Strike: Global Offensive.

UFvhtvM.jpg

Bug Reports

If you spot any bugs or other issues on any of these maps please let me know in this thread. Let me know which map it is on, what the problem is and any steps in reproducing it.

You've done more for the community than most people realise, we should all be grateful.

All we need to do now is to convince people to stop playing peanut, minecraft and clouds.

Perhaps increase the duration before a map can be played even further than it already is, gotta force people out of their comfort zone because they clearly don't want to leave it.

Gotta say Leoben is aids though, the map not the conversion.

Gun cell, vent leading directly to a gun, and the map kill timer.

Lotus is a brilliant map hope it see's some play.

First I want to say Thanks Skeff to all the hard work you do and the things you do for us which you dont have to do so thanks-clipart-pi5xkb9iB.png

Second I also want to say that I really like the design on Aeon and all the other maps too!

Third of all SONY BEING SERIOUS???!!!

Oh boy oh boy Skeff. That little "Outbreak God" that you have there under your name is quite a great description.

Thank you very much for all the work you put into Outbreak!

I am really excited to try out all these maps, especially trainingcamp. Haven't played on it for a long time and to hear it have some more features and improvements got me hyped.

Leoben? I hope it's a little bit easier for CTs now. It was an utter aids of a map to command on.

I'm guessing the giant Error is gone from Dubai too? Quite a nice map.

Thanks a lot for this Skeff. After testing a few of the maps on my own, Lotus and Battleforce Summer look like they'll be a lot of fun to CT with some great games (Espicially the B&Y on Lotus). Aeon looks amazing aesthically, but I've not had a chance to test the gameplay yet! The Airship fix also looks really good.

Thank you!

I'm confused there are some maps on this list I still haven't played?

Even in CS:S I didn't play some of them , maybe not so popular?

For example : Wakka?

Although thank you again , some of my favorite maps of CS:S are on there!

Thanks for the positive feedback so far.

There has been a few questions about leoben and even when we tested it last night people were complaining. I have converted the CSS version, which had less vents and stupidity for CTs to deal with and I have also changed a few guns to tasers/nades, in fact I've changed a few guns to tasers and nades on most maps because CSGO removes the ability to define the amount of ammo in a gun.

Even in CS:S I didn't play some of them , maybe not so popular?

For example : Wakka?

Wakka was fairly popular when I played in later 2012-mid 2013.

My next steps are:

Fix any minor errors with maps that work on the server, for example the visual bug at the gate on battleforce summer.

Sort out the maps that currently don't work on the server, for example aeon.

Make various changes that will help CSGO jailbreak, for example weapon spawners in armoury instead of loose weapons.