Sign in to follow this  
Fluxy

In house CSGO tournament interest thread

Hello everyone!

I was thinking today that it would be cool if we gave the CSGO tournament thing another bash as it was so close to working last time but failed :( With hindsight of what went wrong last time I think with enough interest we could run it much better and simpler this time.

For those of you who dont know, a few months ago we attempted to run a 5 team csgo tournament made up of OB members and regulars. It went well up until we ran into problems with people never being here when they needed to be and 2 cheaters being in the teams, which was discovered half way through the tournament and so it fell apart :(

SO. this is the outline of the event if it goes ahead of course.

Your hosts shall be Jamie, Mintlou and I, although we will still be taking part in the tournament games we will manage all the timings and team selections and the general running of things. Our word is final.

Teams

There will be 4 teams, each with a selected captain. The teams will be allocated from the sign up list by us 3 to give the fairest chance for all the teams. We will do our best to divy up the ranks equally between these 4.

Games

Stage 1 will consist of 6 games between the 4 teams over a few days, these shall all be best of 1.

E.g Day 1: A plays B, C plays D. Day 2: A plays C, B plays D, Day 3 : A plays D, C plays B (if that makes sense) it dosent have to be done in 3 days its just an example.

For every round won it will equal 1 point for your team, so winning a game will give you 16 points. Getting rekt 16-0 will give you 0 points.

At the end of the group games in stage 1 the team with the lowest cumulative score across all their matches is eliminated.

E.g

A = 85 points

B = 79 points

C= 65 points

D = 55 points. D is eliminated.

Stage 2.

the teams that came second and third in the group stages will play each other, the loser will be awarded 3rd place and the winner will go into the final.

The final will be a BO3 (best of 3 maps) between the winner of the semi final and the team that came first in the groups to decide the winner of the overall tournament.

All in all, if everyone is around it shouldnt take more than a week/2 weeks at the most.

Stand ins

Last time around there we no standins allowed, while this is nice in practice, in reality it is a total pain. So this time around, all games will have scheduled times posted on the forums with plenty notice. IF you are not there and you DO NOT give any notice your team CAN play with a standin PROVIDED they are the same rank or LOWER as the missing person. They will also be deducted 3 points. If notice is given same thing but no point penalty. So it is your responsibility to make sure you are there or let someone know you wont be. All games will take place in evenings to maximize the chance that people will be about.

Casting

This will only be done if people want it, it was done last time and it was alot of fun and I think really gave something to the experience. The games may be casted over twitch by a pair of commentators which can be watched by others not in that game.

To give everyone a chance to try it out there will be a caster sign up sheet, put your name down along with any personal preference as to who you would like to cast with. For each of the group games a pair will have a chance to give it a go and then there will be a general vote by the community as to who was the best pair. Provided they are not playing they will be chosen to cast the final and semi final games. The hosts have final decision on the casting team.

I also had an idea that at the end of every game the casters choosing an overall MVP of the match who is awarded 3 points for his team. Post game interviews with the captains or MVP is also a possibility if people wanted.

Prize

As this is not an official OB event as I have not spoken to Conor yet I cant over any like credits on the server or anything like that at this time, but if he and the admin team are ok with it that is a possibility. Aside from that, there is a possibility of a small skin give away funded by myself for the winning team, dont get your hopes up for any Dragon Lores though, likelyhood of Redlines and stuff like that.

So yeah, that's the general outline, obviously if there isn't enough interest it wont go ahead but that's the idea.

So, if you would like to play please sign up on this thread with your current steam name and your current matchmaking rank ON YOUR MAIN ACCOUNT (looking at you stiqqy) its first come first served all though you can put your name down for a possible standin if its full. If we get 20 committed people I don't see why we couldn't get this started next week :)

Thank you all for reading

Fluxy

SIGNUP LIST

-Fluxy (SMFC)

-Jackpot (GE)

-Brandon (LE)

-Lupha (LEM)

-Revilla (mge)

-Raichu (LEM)

-Unseen (LE)

-Substick (LEM)

-Knock (MG2)

-Stiqqy (DMG)

-Chris Lord (DMG)

-Weezy (LEM)

-Absoloute zero ( LE)

-Yoshi (mg1)

-Mintlou (LEM)

-Veng3nce (SMFC)

-Eraser (DMG)

-blyss (LEM)

-Thunder (SMFC)

-Flash (LEM)

WE ARE NOW FULL. These are the 20.

Any further names will be put as reserve

Reserves/Standins

-swizzo (Gn2)

-Dave (DMG)

-Nutty (DMG)

-Lion (LEM)

Edited by Guest

UnSeen

LE

If you get enough interest (which if you give it a bit of time I'm sure you will) you will arguably have enough players to give teams 1 or 2 subs, therefore it *should* be easier to have a team to turn up. Then you could have an assigned captain to each team [who should be somewhat responsible] and they can decide who plays if more than 5 are online and wanting to play. Obviously it's up to you, but I just think you'll get enough interest to have it work.

Also if you work out some sort of fair method to decide a tournament MVP [best player throughout the entire tourney based on some kind of stat], I'm willing to fund say a £5 steam game for that player if no other prizes are provided.

One of the issues last time was that at first there weren't set dates / game times - people signed up to play but didn't realise that the tournament games were going to be during their holidays, because people don't think unless there are dates sat right in front of them. If I were you (to make it easier for those who will just sign up, unaware of whether they are busy or not), I'd hurry to try make some sort of timetable / time range for the games so people can have an idea of what to expect. It wouldn't have to be set in stone, just an estimate so people who sign up can be more assured about their commitment to the tournament.

Last note, I am LE but I am absolute wank - class me as no higher than an Nova 4 ty xoxo

Last note, I am LE but I am absolute wank - class me as no higher than an Nova 4 ty xoxo

You are better than you say you are :D, you played absolutely fine in those gathers the other day :D.

Substick - Shitty Lagger (LEM)

I'm super interested in this idea, like literally this is something I've really been interested in doing for a long time; we had a very small tournament idea in my last community but we never had the people to ever get anything set in stone, and thus we tended to just end up screwing around with like 7 of us on a server doing whatever we wanted haha :D. I would also happily donate any skins I find in my travels that people might want to the prize :D, or perhaps we can all put in like £5 or £10 to buy a prize at the end (obviously optional since not everyone would be willing to pay, nor is it fair to expect them to :D).

Update - we decided that the 2nd stage match between 2nd and 3rd place will be a BO3. It is an elimination match after all.

sure if i am not in brandon's team i will join in

the salt was real xD

Did you read the thread? Post your MM rank plz.