Sign in to follow this  
Rory

Dentists condemn call for child migrants' teeth to be tested

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-37700074

''A Tory MP's call for child migrants arriving in the UK from Calais to have their teeth tested to verify their age has been condemned by dentists''

Since 2006 there have been 11,121 age disputes. Of those, 4,828 were found to have been adults

The first children with links to Britain arrived this week, after French authorities ratified a list drawn up by the charity Citizens UK, which is working with the government to bring unaccompanied minors over from Calais.

However, photographs of some of the children have been printed on the front pages of some national newspapers, along with headlines questioning their ages

Edited by Rory

It's better for these things to be in the 18+ section to keep out shit-kids with no basis/evidence.

Otherwise, its definitely one of the better ways to check someones age, regardless of the "inaccuracy" if that Age Dispute statistic is to be believed.

One thing that triggered me a little is the  both inappropriate and unethical  bullshit.

Isn't it more "unethical" for it to be found out that adults have been taking the spots of children? That the charity hadn't even checked the status of these people themselves?

If your going to have a vetting system, for god sake, take every necessary precaution to make sure your not putting 22-year-old tyrone in a class of 14-year-olds?

"They have suffered insanitary and dangerous conditions and should have been admitted long ago," she said.

Then Im pretty sure they aren't going to mind going into a clean room to have their teeth checked, It's not asking for a 2nd rate dentist with a saw and a rusty nail in a lavatory to look at them, and fuck off, they had the choice of signing in with France/Italy/Spain/Every other country in the EU, and using the authorities to contact their relatives in the UK, but instead, live in a goddamn camp and harass people.

"This is a vile, reactionary clamour."

If I don't know who somebody is, and they are asking to come into my house because they think their family live here, am I a fucking idiot for letting him in? 

It distracts from the government's responsibilities to these refugees, which it has largely neglected to date

https://fts.unocha.org/pageloader.aspx?page=special-syriancrisis

https://fts.unocha.org/reports/daily/ocha_R5_A1118___1610191544.pdf

https://fts.unocha.org/reports/daily/ocha_R5_A1133___1610191544.pdf

Get fucked have we not done enough,because we ask for a proper way of vetting you go full "Triggered" mode on us?

58 minutes ago, Keiji Motori said:

It's better for these things to be in the 18+ section to keep out shit-kids with no basis/evidence.

Don't see why politically motivated topics should only go in the 18+ section, I'm sure people studying Government + Politics at college know a shit ton more about our system than some people here. (especially since all you do is rant)

Anyways, the only way I know besides looking at teeth to test age is I think by looking at the proteins in someone's blood. Which giving a blood sample surely isn't a difficult thing to do and I don't see how it's unethical. But if someone doesn't want to get their teeth looked I seriously doubt they'll be accepting you taking blood.

The huge problem with doing these sorts of tests that everyone grows at a different rate, so there will be failures no matter what.

It's not like we're not gonna let children in, even when we properly leave the EU, we still have to do so.

First thing first: don't even try and say that Keiji is ignorant of politics. He is a fucking psycho, but particularly on the refugee crisis, he is stupidly knowledgeable. You're basically prepping the bull you're gonna' get cucked by.

Secondly: ijChI2X.jpg

Thirdly: I identify as a refugee, so I find this kind of stuff triggers my PTSD which I acquired by viewing the experiences of my refugee-kin in Calais. Please delete this thread or make only refugee-positive opinions are allowed.

Edited by VENGA BUS

"Don't see why politically motivated topics should only go in the 18+ section, I'm sure people studying Government + Politics at college know a shit ton more about our system than some people here. (especially since all you do is rant)"

Ad hom attacks are the best way to start any argument. As above post states, Keiji is actually very knowledgeable on shit to do with the refugees and the Middle East at large. I don't agree with the 18+ section statement he said though.

"Anyways, the only way I know besides looking at teeth to test age is I think by looking at the proteins in someone's blood. Which giving a blood sample surely isn't a difficult thing to do and I don't see how it's unethical. But if someone doesn't want to get their teeth looked I seriously doubt they'll be accepting you taking blood."

Completely fair. If blood is a better way of doing it, then do it that way. If they don't accept authorities taking blood, then they can go elsewhere. We do NOT want loads of young men in a foreign country with European women wearing shit-all, when they come from a comparatively regressive as fuck society. Also, the fact that the refugees are largely young men is problematic, as countries with a gender imbalance have issues with violent crime and sexual assault. This will present enduring and developing problems for the UK, particularly in a time when our public services (i.e police force) are stretched to fuck.

"The huge problem with doing these sorts of tests that everyone grows at a different rate, so there will be failures no matter what."

I'll let Keiji respond to this.

"It's not like we're not gonna let children in, even when we properly leave the EU, we still have to do so."

What even is this statement? Is this an argument? Or is it just some vague appeal to fatalism, that a democracy cannot decide who does and does not enter our country? Other countries have not accepted refugees, despite probably 'having to do so'.

Edited by VENGA BUS

1 hour ago, DannyS said:

Don't see why politically motivated topics should only go in the 18+ section, I'm sure people studying Government + Politics at college know a shit ton more about our system than some people here. (especially since all you do is rant)

Because every other thread made about "politically motivated" topics has always devolved into either shit-slinging (look at mintlous old threads) or just pure misinformation by younger ones (every political thread in general chat ever), and just like all you have done in the past month is post on the LoL championship,CSGO & "What are you listening to right now?" threads because it interests you, I post on the threads I want too because I know about the subject, or want to speak to the people on the thread.

1 hour ago, DannyS said:

Anyways, the only way I know besides looking at teeth to test age is I think by looking at the proteins in someone's blood. Which giving a blood sample surely isn't a difficult thing to do and I don't see how it's unethical. But if someone doesn't want to get their teeth looked I seriously doubt they'll be accepting you taking blood.

A good option, but it still doesn't change the point, if they are unwilling to provide us with medical information about themselves, how can we trust them? 

1 hour ago, DannyS said:

The huge problem with doing these sorts of tests that everyone grows at a different rate, so there will be failures no matter what.

"Wait guys, the migrants have ladders! Why should we build a wall if they are just going to climb over?"

Why are you saying this? Of course they'll be failures, nothings 100% but to have something in place that stops 50% of all Adults in age disputes is better than nothing in place at all. 

1 hour ago, DannyS said:

It's not like we're not gonna let children in, even when we properly leave the EU, we still have to do so.

I don't even understand at what your getting at here, was this supposed to be some argument?