Fluxy

Fluxy needs you! (if you're 18 or over and willing to take this seriously)

Hi guys. 

So, as some of you might know, I'm in 4th year at uni at the moment. That means by the end of this year I have to produce a 12,000 word document on a subject of research of my choice, this is whats known as a dissertation. 

I have chosen to do mine on investigating links between playing violent video games and changes in behavior, especially increases in aggression. I'm not gonna go into the whole outline of my  project but one of the key elements  of my research is the carrying out of semi-structured interviews perhaps along with an a questionnaire (haven't decided on this bit yet). This is where I might need some of your guys help, if you would be willing to be interviewed by myself about your gaming habits and views of your own personality and behavior please fill out the form below.  

I will mention that the project is in its infant stage at the moment so it is likely I won't actually be carrying out the interviews for some months, its likely to be after Christmas at the very least. At the time I will need you guys to sign a bunch of consent forms at stuff but this is just to see who would actually be interested in it. 

Hours spent playing games per week: (just very average estimates) 

Why you want to help me: (putting this in simply because I'm looking for people who are actually gonna be committed and take this seriously, so no "lol cause will be BANTA" pls

Thanks guys!

Really appreciate anyone who is willing to lend a hand :)   

Hours spent playing games per week: 30-40? Fluctuates dependent on schedule and also the time itself fluctuates between actually playing games or time spent on stuff for OB etc.

Why you want to help me: The topic interests me and I've enjoyed reading over some of your other essays. As well as my own responses, I've also seen/dealt with a lot of different personalities through different online communities over the years, often involving personal matters. That and of course I'd just be willing to help you out regardless as I'd like to think you'd do the same back.

Name: Will 

Hours spent playing games per week: 10-15 (now that uni has started again)  

Why you want to help me: I'm about to start my own dissertation so I know how it's important to get help where ever you can get it! I'm happy to be interviewed and part of the study. 

Hours spent playing games per week: 10 +/-

Why you want to help me: I know making interviews can be hard specially when trying to find people, I don't have any problems with being interviewed and I want to help someone with uni stuff!

Hours spent playing games per week: These days about 30, used to be way more. 

Why you want to help me: Interested about subject matter, want to help a friend out. 

Edited by Rory

Hours spent playing games per week: About 10 - 15.

Why you want to help me: I've had a little bit of experience with " playing violent video games and changes in behavior, especially increases in aggression " and it's quite an interesting topic to me :)