Sign in to follow this  
MrGibbyGibson

A "Goodbye"

Hi.

Some people may have seen me wearing "A different tag" and some have known of a recent promotion of rank elsewhere. But, I thought I'll make a post to elaborate more on the situation.

I've recently been picked up as a Trail Moderator for a Jailbreak server in a different community; thus with previous issues within OB, have decided to leave / become a lot less active than usual.

Has been a good ride with many ups and downs, But I can say that this becomes the end for me.

I never really got to speak to the Veterans much, though never really sat in major channel rooms in TS. Most of the members & long time players Ive known for a while, and with the community, will be missed.

I'll still pop on Jailbreak to hear the "tesco memes" and casual mod abuse (1.0) but I won't be around as active as before.

If any member, moderator, admin, staff etc would like to speak to me regarding decisions of "leaving" or my "constructive points / points to improve or look at" then don't hesitate to add / PM me @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/mrgibbygibson

Apart from that, It has been a pleasure knowing you and I'm sure we'll meet once or twice again. I'll most likely lurk and post around in the forums still, but will be much less active in Jailbreak and Teamspeak.

I never really had my final say to the ESL Outbreak. It was a great event, ran well and managed to include a 1v1 tournament which is something other communities and organisations haven't done. Tournament ran well and congratulations to the winners. Ofcourse, there is always areas to improve. There was soooo many stand-ins to my liking, but of course, being summer and all, you will have plans and not everyone is available. The server used was complete dog sh*t, i know. Core speed isn't fast enough to run a stable source server and the line speed was atrocious. However, we managed to get through to the end and could of been 100x times worse in my opinion. Without the help of gunstar and substick for running the event, it would have been a lot more chaotic. So thank you for the help.

Believe it or not, along with gunstar (I think gunstar was the one who said :?), I WONT be helping or hosting the next ESL outbreak event and will be leaving it in the hands of the next "contender" to take that challenge. But, to whomever it is, its for sure a lot of fun to run.

I hosted the aftermath myself too. To be honest, I was surprised the cloud server just about managed to host 25 people (12 arenas) but that ran well too. Could of been improvements but hey ho.

Thats about all.

Tl;dl - Goodbye, Leaving on good terms, trial mod elsewhere, add me for any info or questions.

As a well known saying I've seen from people leaving - "Goodbye, Ill see you on the server tomorrow" :>

P.S. Popey is a P90 god still. xD

56 minutes ago, Lewis said:

Goodbye gibby, good luck in your next community, tyvm for casting esl outbreak

50 minutes ago, nick said:

bye gribby enjoy the other community 

30 minutes ago, Wist said:

Ciao man!

12 minutes ago, Cereal said:

Bye mate :)

20 minutes ago, Storm said:

see ya around boi, and have fun with the other community!

And thanks for all the effort in the ESL

Thanks. Im sure we'll meet when I pop on again from time to time :>

43 minutes ago, Jamie said:

expected

+1

7 minutes ago, Rachel said:

I joined for 5 minutes saw the whole T-side literally full of mods lel

Cya gibby and gl in your new community!

The reason for the staff is because theres no SM Hosties plugins used, so there is no !lr command. Instead, theres the option to grant people freedays or tanks. More of a special request / special day for gaining LR compared to the !lr command at the end of the round.

Requires someone to be granted perms to do so :P

However, thank ya. Good luck spicing the curries lmao.

Good bye Gibby, thanks for all the things uve done for the community. I know we had our ups and downs, more ups than downs though. It's a good way to go out instead of saying "fuck this community", getting urself banned then going like some people in the past lmao. Had a lot of fun with u on JB and most of all ESL OB of course. Good luck in CLWO, tell popey I said hi with a smiley face :), :spooky:

Edited by Gunstar