I think we need alot more ww2 FPS games like the good ol days, just these all out wars of 32 vs 32 on large maps feel.....way more realistic and fitting, also the game looks cool as shit and it might even be as good as BF 2, i need to get into a beta (if it will have any) or smt to have a real opinion but if the game is even remotely close to what it shows i might get it.

When I first saw that Battlefield was going to be using a WW1 setting I was very unsure about it. There is a reason why almost no games have used it as a setting, it wasn't the most exciting of all wars. While there was stuff going on in Italy and Africa the majority of fighting took place between two static lines that just shelled the shit out of each other. Ground gained and lost was measured in meters over a period of weeks. Guns and attachments are also obviously going to be pretty limited. But as I have seen more and heard more about it I am quietly hopeful that it could be a really good game. Im sure historical accuracy will go out the window but I'm not sure thats a bad thing       

I made a post before, but I think the thread got wiped due to whatever reason.

Anyway, I am actually rather excited for this. Like Fluxy, I was sceptical at first but it's since grown on me and I'm rather looking forward to giving it a go. Originality will certainly be the winning point of this game, along with how far the Frostbite engine has developed over the years to really give it a destructive feel. 

There are actually a handful of WWI games already on the market (Verdun?) but also I believe somebody made a mod for Battlefield 1942 and appropriately named it Battlefield 1918. I haven't played it myself, but it looked impressive for the time. It is certainly a niche in the market and if done properly could really rake in the sales. 

The First World War was a particularly interesting conflict, as it was a changing time. The advancing technology meant that the days of facing each other in long lines with virtually no cover were gone. The technology improved (tanks, artillery, planes & gas) however, the tactics remained the same. So, as (again) Fluxy said, it was major bombardments for very little gain. Having said that, I still think there could be potential to this game - the dogfights are certainly going to be an interesting element (I was getting a bit sick of the easy SAM and the quick respawn of flares). I also hope, from the look of the trailer, sea battles are going to be a thing. This was something attempted in BF1942 in the early days, however I didn't hugely play it online so I never saw its full potential :( 

5 hours ago, Fluxy said:

When I first saw that Battlefield was going to be using a WW1 setting I was very unsure about it. There is a reason why almost no games have used it as a setting, it wasn't the most exciting of all wars. While there was stuff going on in Italy and Africa the majority of fighting took place between two static lines that just shelled the shit out of each other. Ground gained and lost was measured in meters over a period of weeks. Guns and attachments are also obviously going to be pretty limited. But as I have seen more and heard more about it I am quietly hopeful that it could be a really good game. Im sure historical accuracy will go out the window but I'm not sure thats a bad thing       

V E R D U N

4 hours ago, Daffy Duck said:

I made a post before, but I think the thread got wiped due to whatever reason.

Anyway, I am actually rather excited for this. Like Fluxy, I was sceptical at first but it's since grown on me and I'm rather looking forward to giving it a go. Originality will certainly be the winning point of this game, along with how far the Frostbite engine has developed over the years to really give it a destructive feel. 

There are actually a handful of WWI games already on the market (Verdun?) but also I believe somebody made a mod for Battlefield 1942 and appropriately named it Battlefield 1918. I haven't played it myself, but it looked impressive for the time. It is certainly a niche in the market and if done properly could really rake in the sales. 

The First World War was a particularly interesting conflict, as it was a changing time. The advancing technology meant that the days of facing each other in long lines with virtually no cover were gone. The technology improved (tanks, artillery, planes & gas) however, the tactics remained the same. So, as (again) Fluxy said, it was major bombardments for very little gain. Having said that, I still think there could be potential to this game - the dogfights are certainly going to be an interesting element (I was getting a bit sick of the easy SAM and the quick respawn of flares). I also hope, from the look of the trailer, sea battles are going to be a thing. This was something attempted in BF1942 in the early days, however I didn't hugely play it online so I never saw its full potential :( 

V E R D U N

2 minutes ago, Ekitai_Hebi said:

Meh military shooters dont really interest me these days, they're all pretty much the same in one way or another...

Give some old style arcade shooter like Doom or Duke Nukem 3D and ill be all over that.

CSGO is a military shooter? 

Just now, Daffy Duck said:

CSGO is a military shooter? 

I wouldnt give it that genre honestly, rather a Tactical shooter over Military (with military i mean in the fashion of CoD or BF)

Regardless of what genre CSGO is in its the exception for me.

I agree to what you all are saying because I am a World War Fanatic. I enjoy playing games like Verdun, Heroes and Generals, War Thunder and World of Tanks, Medal of Honor Airborne and my favorite which made me into gaming Sniper Elite 1. The downfall of this game is that it has too much hype and hopefully Dice can live up to the communitys expectation.