Sign in to follow this  
Iszuka™

The Shit Internet Club

Hello guys and welcome to The Shit Internet Club.

No fiber fags allowed.

Post your ISP and your current beta-fag speeds here. Rants are encouraged.

So flash back to a few years ago when fiber was being rolled out in stages, we were excited to see all the posters and fliers being stuck up around our neighborhood saying "Fiber is coming!" etc.

7drHiqrs.gif

We were counting down the days.

My -then- IT teacher who lived down the road from me says he's already talked to BT about a plan and is all set for the switch on.

I knew it would take a while for the prices to drop to an acceptable level so i was happy to wait a year or so.

The diggers with their pipes and cables came and went. Dug a trench right down the center of the main road, just outside our cul-de-sac.

>Dug a trench right down the center of the main road, just outside our cul-de-sac.

>Right past our cul-de-sac

>No fiber available in your location

>But fiber is available at all locations within a mile radius, except your location.

If we're lucky, we get 700kb/s down and 100kb/s up.

About 2 years ago i got a nice 20-30 ping on CS:GO but recently it's been randomly spiking to 50-120.

We're with Sky.

Sky is still the best deal for our location.

Fuck this shit.

PS. Bought some £70 ASUS router and it's made absolutely no difference.

At least i have fucking dual band and a guest wifi network, right?

Edited by Guest

Finally, a thread I can get behind! My current all-time slowest was recorded about five months ago:

4776259234.png

My current speed is:

5230735551.png

I really like my ping, although it seems completely false sometimes. I'm getting high 500s in-game but this still keeps on chugging away saying I'm on 47ms of ping. Download is okay, I mean, I can play stuff with it. Upload, pretty damn crap.

I'm with BT at the moment, absolutely crap company, only one that seems to service our area. Took three weeks to get traffic lights out on our road to fix our internet that had been down for a month. Internet worked after that, but just randomly crashes occasionally for exactly 30 seconds. Bane of my life.

Iszuka, you forgot to post your own speedtest result!