Sign in to follow this  
Iszuka™

Post count / Post rate

Am i most respected then??

jk

90% shitposters are non-members in member apps. Only doing it for the post count

In response to venga, agreed. Although in my opinion there's a difference between pure shit and funny stuff. For example a thread titled "why don't we see straight people working at the fragrance counter?" wouldn't really warrant a lock, however a thread which says hi and nothing else would be. Not only that but +1 -1 really gets to me, even from members. Some of them are questionable themselves (or had been for the most part - some been banned/purged) and it's not like management ever takes anyone's +1 into consideration. I vote lock apps as soon as they open.

Not only that but +1 -1 really gets to me, even from members. Some of them are questionable themselves (or had been for the most part - some been banned/purged) and it's not like management ever takes anyone's +1 into consideration. I vote lock apps as soon as they open.

It's rather ironic I want to +1 this.

Although if we want to reduce shitposting and still have a +1 system on things such as member apps we could turn all member apps into poll and have users vote +1 or -1.

Not only that but +1 -1 really gets to me, even from members. Some of them are questionable themselves (or had been for the most part - some been banned/purged) and it's not like management ever takes anyone's +1 into consideration. I vote lock apps as soon as they open.

Although if we want to reduce shitposting and still have a +1 system on things such as member apps we could turn all member apps into poll and have users vote +1 or -1.

That is actually a spot on idea. People could make new accounts to +1 it, but it doesn't really matter as they're only of limited significance anyway.

Alternatively, a template for +1s would probably root out most of the shitposts, as +1s are just daft atm.

Tbh nothing to say Jamie/Lewis - obviously I agree with you as I think we're all reading off the same page.

Seems like a really good idea, people can still voice their opinions without all the shitposts. I'd say that with whatever you vote, you need to put a reason and mods can see who voted and with what reason, which also eliminates the point of just voting with no reason.

Although, with such a system, I think it would be beneficial to allow the person who posted the application to see the votes and what has been said in the votes, so they know what people think they need to improve on and what they have been doing well so far. That is, after all, the point of allowing people to post on member applications in the first place.