Sign in to follow this  
gaffeR

Trigger Happy Mods

It's hard not to generalize when you enter a teamspeak channel with 10 people whom none I know by voice. You generalize aswell by saying new people it's something you cant not do if you don't know everyone.

I wan't to add that it's hard for an outsider to get into a channel filled with strange people who are actively talking to each other to participate if they personality traits dont allow for that. I'm not someone who is going to actively talk to someone or partake in group conversations if I dont have a personal bond with them, but whenever I get to know someone better I'll open up more and be comfortable.

The OG group has a very distinctive conversation flow that I as an outsider feel intrusive of disturbing by actively contributing unless I know some of the people. I might have been harsh by saying entitled and generalizing and I'll appologize for that.

Exactly this, i could'nt describe it any better.

Like sometimes, i try to get into TS, want some guys to chill and maybe play a gather or LoL, but it's just hard to get things off on TS as a newbie. One finds it easy to talk to strangers, others don't. Maybe because of this, the community gets not enough fresh meat out on the forums and things.

For example, I am not that guy who talks against strangers alot, but willing to try to intergrate further into the community. Only thing for me is to enter and talk in the TS, as i am not that person that talks against a group of 80% unknown people, whilst they are chatting about all kind of things where not native english speakers like me, sometimes struggle to understand it all. Honestly some ppl are really cool and asked me some times into a gather and things, and the ppl i know from ingame are most of the time really chill, what makes me more comfortable.

But to get back on topic, i know what u mean by the forums are a bit dead. Yes, they are, but what do u want to see on the forums? We, the newbies, can spam like varius random vids and things on the vid, but doesnt make that all shit? Yes it is fun to see cool content on forums, but what kind of things were there on the forums back in the days? If it is more clear what can be posted, and what cannot be posted on the subforums, i think we all can make the forum be alive again. I'm sure the forums can prove some serious value, but it also lacks of ppl out here. If there were like more members, and more regulars, more ppl will come to the forums, and random topic will start as soon as ppl will be here.

Like how many servers do OB have at the moment, a CSGO jailbreak and one minecraft server, most of the time played by ppl who are already in jailbreak? Maybe add more servers, and ppl will come to the forums as well?

We don't need more posts, we just need more quality.

Also the argument that, I can't talk to you guys because I don't know you, therefore I'll never get to know you, therefore I can't talk to you is really socially introverted tbh.

Every single person you are freindly with was a stranger at one point. That's just life, you make friends as you go through it.

I also can't understand this opinion that any room with us in it is like this zoo of noise and screaming as soon as you join? Where has this come from? If there is like 15 people in a channel it's always going to be loud as fuck. But most of the time I'm on teamspeak there is maybe like 5/6 people max in the channel and we are just chilling playing games. People aren't shouting and wind tunnelling constantly.

As I said earlier, nobody is forcing anyone to be friends with anyone else, it's your own choice who you do and don't hang out with. This is an Internet community at the end of the day, run essentially by teenagers and young adults, it's only going to work as well as it can. If you don't want to interact with veterans it's cool, just don't label the reason as you tried but can't interact with us because we are so loud and obnoxious because if you really had tried you would see that's not the case, as slot of people who are newer and fit right in with us have found out, admit that it's because you just don't want to. (Which is totally fine, as I said)

Just an answer on the channel being extremely loud and everyone talks over each other is nonsense, because its 1 of my main hates of TS and I literally leave every channel that has this problem... i wont go in a channel like that because its horrible. This is also 1 of the main reasons i dont play JB, although its controlled you still get people screaming over the commanders, generally younger people spamming and just being annoying.. old days you didn't have this half as much because there was so many well respected commanders and people generally listened.

Whenever I've been in a channel with older members people argue really loudly, talk over each other and it's just unpleasant for me, I get some people might like it but I don't. This might sound like a generalisation and it probably is, but theres no other way for me to put it then that.

I just couldn't stop myself from answering this but, when have they been like that? I mean, we all have our moments sometimes in which we just lose our heads, but for less than a minute. And talking over each other? Honestly, I don't think in the last months someone has talked over someone else unless they're obviously muted by the one talking. Don't make shit up please.

And talking about the inevitable stereotyping, I guess you are racist and think that every homosexual has aids too? Come on.

I can give u firm examples of people talking over people in PM so to not point fingers at people if u want.

Edited by Guest

We don't need more posts, we just need more quality.

Also the argument that, I can't talk to you guys because I don't know you, therefore I'll never get to know you, therefore I can't talk to you is really socially introverted tbh.

Every single person you are freindly with was a stranger at one point. That's just life, you make friends as you go through it.

I also can't understand this opinion that any room with us in it is like this zoo of noise and screaming as soon as you join? Where has this come from? If there is like 15 people in a channel it's always going to be loud as fuck. But most of the time I'm on teamspeak there is maybe like 5/6 people max in the channel and we are just chilling playing games. People aren't shouting and wind tunnelling constantly.

As I said earlier, nobody is forcing anyone to be friends with anyone else, it's your own choice who you do and don't hang out with. This is an Internet community at the end of the day, run essentially by teenagers and young adults, it's only going to work as well as it can. If you don't want to interact with veterans it's cool, just don't label the reason as you tried but can't interact with us because we are so loud and obnoxious because if you really had tried you would see that's not the case, as slot of people who are newer and fit right in with us have found out, admit that it's because you just don't want to. (Which is totally fine, as I said)

My point as I previously said was that there ARE ALOT of people who are socially introverted and it isnt easy to bond over nothing in a ts3 channel unless u have something in common, like a game u play together.

Actually, thats a bit a generalisation since theres levels of socially introverted and different kinds, people can be perfectly social but still be introverted.

This is a really good TED talk about introverts

Something she said really struck a cord with what you said.

People want other people to be extroverts and are making indirect cue's that being introvert is bad.

Also 1/3rd to a half are introverts.

Although it's good to have a discussion, I do feel as if aspects of it are kinda drawing away from the point of this topic.

What is being argued/discussed now is basically just about how different individuals get on with each other and how easily they find it to integrate within certain groups. Obviously we expect people to be as civil as they can with a new face, but at the end of the day we don't expect everyone to get on with everyone. Unless they are flat out abusing you (which is a problem for us to address), you can get by without addressing the individuals you aren't so keen on (unless this is the majority of the community, in which case I would question why you want to stay somewhere where you dislike most of the people).

The forums topic was something we could address in regards to people believing we were restrictive on the forums when - as Fluxy said - it was more due to the lack of quality threads being produced recently. Liam has made a good example of a decent thread which people can interact and be a bit lighter with (assuming they don't just use it as a basis of 1-2 word spam posts like the 'compliment' thread lmao).

If you wish to discuss things which will actually help us improve our structure and whatnot, then feel free to continue. If you only wish to discuss 'groups' of people and assess them based upon the more brash figures alone - then that's kinda irrelevant to this topic and would be reserved for if you had a serious issue with an individual (in which case you would private message an admin about it).

At least we all have memes.

WTF is this even an argument about anymore? If Paradoxxxxxxxx thinks that channels highly populated by veterans are loud and he doesn't enjoy them then you aren't going to change his mind.

He was wrong to generalise and I'm pretty sure at some point he apologised for that.

As for community intergration, it's a topic that's been talked about for a good 2 years now. Nothing is going to change, you have to accept that as a community that's nearly 4 years old and with members stretching back before that, people have much different interests.

Competetive CSGO, LoL, Minecraft, JB etc.

I went on jailbreak yesterday and saw members I didn't even know we had.

People have the ability to integrate with each other, some newer members get on well with veterans, and some older members get on well with newer members. Nothing is stopping anyone, so need to force the issue.

As for the forums (and the server) I have noticed quite a bit of trigger happiness in relation to earlier days, but then again I haven't really seen an interesting post which I'm regularly coming back to in the last 3 months either, from anybody.

>doesn't like loud channels

>plays jailbreak

We get on with loads of new people in the community, It's not our fault you're too afraid to socialize with strangers and we're not.

I dont play jailbreak. This entire thread has been about generalisation and not judging people if u dont know them and I've appologised for what I've said, then coming up with this not knowing me a as person saying It's my fault that I'm too afraid to socialize with strangers? Great job.

WTF is this even an argument about anymore? If Paradoxxxxxxxx thinks that channels highly populated by veterans are loud and he doesn't enjoy them then you aren't going to change his mind.

He was wrong to generalise and I'm pretty sure at some point he apologised for that.

As for community intergration, it's a topic that's been talked about for a good 2 years now. Nothing is going to change, you have to accept that as a community that's nearly 4 years old and with members stretching back before that, people have much different interests.

Competetive CSGO, LoL, Minecraft, JB etc.

I went on jailbreak yesterday and saw members I didn't even know we had.

People have the ability to integrate with each other, some newer members get on well with veterans, and some older members get on well with newer members. Nothing is stopping anyone, so need to force the issue.

As for the forums (and the server) I have noticed quite a bit of trigger happiness in relation to earlier days, but then again I haven't really seen an interesting post which I'm regularly coming back to in the last 3 months either, from anybody.

This sums it up pretty well, very well said Lewis. I think it made everyone learn something from this [hopefully for the better], we let this thread open long enough for everyone to have their say, even though it went completely off-topic. At the end of the day though, this was some good entertainment and a healthy discussion that I feel we needed, thanks for keeping it mature and civil [for the most part, lmao].

Back to the main topic, as others have said, it's more of a lack of fun threads being made than us moving it/locking it, although we will be monitoring what goes there more now as you have raised that point, but as a community we should learn to have a bit more fun with topics by making ones which are sensible and make the forums a more enjoyable place.