Sign in to follow this  
gaffeR

Trigger Happy Mods

You're grouping up all the veterans again and forming them into one easy stereotype.

If you don't interact with them, how can you truly know what they are all like? It could be argued that all interaction is forced interaction as you have to actually put yourself out there.

I don't believe the point of this thread to be entitlement, it's making the entire community happy.

Provided someone isn't playing front page roulette (spamming all sections to get bingo), posts that you don't consider important can easily be avoided merely by looking at the title and/or the creator of the thread. There's no denying the forums aren't exactly a hive of interactive activity, although Skillershark has been making some great posts as of recent. Having looked through all the active topics of the past two days, 90% of it is "welcome to the forums seen you around" and "+1". Of course that's very simplified by I believe it still stands.

Returning back to the veteran crowd, I can only think of two people that are particularly entitled.

People have this impression that the "OG Group" is some kind of mystical bullying palace. All we do on TS is chat about what we've been up to, play games, and fuck with each other. It's almost always meant in jest, provided you don't take things too seriously it isn't hard to fit in. Storm and Major Chaos are good examples of this, who've managed to integrate with the whole community.

Of course it would be dishonest of me to admit that sometimes, some of us can be annoying. I can accept that, and I've been toning down on it ever since a forum ban (which I felt was perfectly justified). However, the mute function of TS is perfectly capable of getting rid of the people you don't like. Just ask Jak, who probably has 50% of the TS muted.

Edited by Guest

The older members of this community being the OG crew cause I'll admit I don't interact with them, it's based on me not liking them so there's no need for me to have a forced interaction for the sake of interacting. I'm here for the people I like, not for the people I dislike.

The conceited part is just a sign of my frustration. The people that have been here longer feel too entitled for my taste. They seem to think that they are above the rest just because they have been here longer and I highly disagree. And it's not that you older folks admit it, but you act that way and it's a bit, well, cunty. The only thing the veterans here should feel entitled too is getting treated equally like the rest of the community.

lol, i remember when you was new here and i talked to you and helped you while the rest was ignoring you ( yes also the people that you hang out with daily on ts ) , and now you talk shit like that. thanks :glad2:

Not to turn this into a hate fest but

Paradox you are honestly one of the biggest judgemental morons ive had the misfortune to witness post on here. How about you stop generalising because of one or two people who happen to be in the same group as the rest. There's a reason why you got declined for member, maybe it's time you sorted it. I guess there's a reason only a select few like you, too.

Can we not lock this thread and have turn it back into a serious discussion regarding the whole member divide, we've discussed it numerous times before in our little groups but I believe we should be able to discuss it openly on the forums to clear some things up. It's been a hot topic for a while now and could do with properly addressing.

Unless it's not as much of a problem as it used to be, I'm not 100% sure.

I'm not locking this unless it turns into a hate fest and you all start insulting the shit out of eachother. (Although it would be rather entertaining ayy)

Anyway Paradox, I understand your point but like Jamie said you're generalising. There's currently 15(?) Vets and some more unofficial vets (Keiji,Sony,Landshark etc.). You can't just talk about the whole group unless they were all the same, which they obviously aren't. I know you don't want to point out names but attacking the whole group is even worse.

Other than that just keep it clean, no weapons allowed and try to keep on topic. This Paradox vs Vets war can be taken somewhere else. xxx

Saying I haven't been in the channel with veteran members and older members of the community is just misinformation.

Whenever I've been in a channel with older members people argue really loudly, talk over each other and it's just unpleasant for me, I get some people might like it but I don't. This might sound like a generalisation and it probably is, but theres no other way for me to put it then that.

Other times I have witnessed veteran member is when they start hopping into your channel and just being loud again. And this doesn't include the entire Chris incident. On multiple seperate occasions I've sat in a channel with a few others and then all of a sudden a lot of the older members show up and just talk over you.

Paradox you are honestly one of the biggest judgemental morons ive had the misfortune to witness post on here. How about you stop generalising because of one or two people who happen to be in the same group as the rest. There's a reason why you got declined for member, maybe it's time you sorted it. I guess there's a reason only a select few like you, too.
lol, i remember when you was new here and i talked to you and helped you while the rest was ignoring you ( yes also the people that you hang out with daily on ts ) , and now you talk shit like that. thanks
You're grouping up all the veterans again and forming them into one easy stereotype.

If you don't interact with them, how can you truly know what they are all like? It could be argued that all interaction is forced interaction as you have to actually put yourself out there.

I don't believe the point of this thread to be entitlement, it's making the entire community happy.

Again I dont wanna generalize everyone and stereotype you but there's no other way. And some of you individuals might be nice and all, but I can't know that if the only interaction I get with you guys is the group interaction which I personally dislike.

Attacking my oppinions based on the fact that I got declined member is just low.

I don't know everyone personally but I can say for a fact that you don't either. I'm not wrong on the bases that I don't truly know someone.

I'm judging the book by its cover because it's the only logical thing to do here. Noone goes around the ts3 and interacts on a personal level with everyone to see if they are good people or not. You pop in, you get a glimpse of who they are and based on that you form your oppinion and that's what I've done, and that's what everyone does.

I don't know everyone personally but I can say for a fact that you don't either. I'm not wrong on the bases that I don't truly know someone.

I'm judging the book by its cover because it's the only logical thing to do here. Noone goes around the ts3 and interacts on a personal level with everyone to see if they are good people or not. You pop in, you get a glimpse of who they are and based on that you form your oppinion and that's what I've done, and that's what everyone does.

It's rather close minded to assume forming stereotypes is the only option.

I get it, stereotyping is an instinctual part of human nature, but it's a very basic level of human interaction.

This is a long standing community, not a pub full of randies who you'll never likely see again.

When I initially joined OB (I was a regular on their CSS Minigames server but never took part in the community), I felt a little uncomfortable and unwelcome in a channel full of people I barely knew barring a few people (weezy and venga being my main ins at the time). I sat back, observed how everyone behaved for a bit and then started to join in. If people annoyed me, I muted them.

Mute the people you dislike, chat to the people you don't know much about or like.

I don't believe stating that you were declined for member is an attack on you, members are the people who meet characteristics that we believe should represent the community.

It's rather close minded to assume forming stereotypes is the only option.

I get it, stereotyping is an instinctual part of human nature, but it's a very basic level of human interaction.

This is a long standing community, not a pub full of randies who you'll never likely see again.When I initially joined OB (I was a regular on their CSS Minigames server but never took part in the community), I felt a little uncomfortable and unwelcome in a channel full of people I barely knew barring a few people (weezy and venga being my main ins at the time). I sat back, observed how everyone behaved for a bit and then started to join in. If people annoyed me, I muted them.

Mute the people you dislike, chat to the people you don't know much about or like.

I don't believe stating that you were declined for member is an attack on you, members are the people who meet characteristics that we believe should represent the community.

I understand that and I have addapted that aswell, when I was new I did what you just described and I met a lot of wonderful people in this community.I have also tried sitting in the channel where a lot of older members are, but as I've said earlier I dislike the general flow of things so sitting in there just get's me frustrated. I mute people aswell, but mostly they are the loud people. So if I sit in a channel with a quarter of the people muted who talk the most, when I speak it's going to get white noised by everyone else talking so there's no point at all in doing that imho.

Since the post was deleted I cant quote it anymore, but he basicly used an ad hominem argument, he wasn't trying to insult me, he was saying I'm not member material therefor my oppinions are invalid.

You raise some good points, if you've tried and don't want to talk, very well, that's entirely up to you.

Just try not to generalize groups of people based on a handful, and despite what some of us might do/say, we do care about the community.

I've never spoke to you before, so I'll try and put to this to the side and have a conversation at some point.

Again I dont wanna generalize everyone and stereotype you but there's no other way.

W a t.

What logic is that

So yeah im gonna say, in the beginning there was a bit of friction between vets and new members. You have to understand, we have all seen a massive jailbreak community, been a very active part of it, almost every single vet was a mod or admin at one time, experienced everything you have, then we watch it decline slowly, more and more people peeling off, the servers died, everyone left and we were left for about a year with just us. A group of around 10-15 that have kept it going, for a year. I think its hard for newer people to really grasp what its like, to been around that long. To have seen so many people come and go. Then for all these new people to start flooding in, changing stuff, we get protective over it and sometimes we act like dicks admittedly

I also think there is an element of slight envy and jealously in that we all have very fond memories of old JB, ones we would love to relive but cant because the game mode dosnt interest us anymore + the people who made it fun in our eyes have mostly moved on. We see you guys having all that fun we had and it does sting of nostalgia a bit, mostly because we want the old times back and partly because we arent as big a part of OB as we all once were at one point. Dont get me wrong Im fine playing the chilled out backseat role, I like just chilling in ts and going with the flow of the community but some of us cant help it.

As a result we arnt going to bust our balls getting to know everysingle new person, thats why I always like to judge newer blood of how willing they are to take that step and come and talk to us vets. Its difficult I know but I think it shows willingness to get to know all branches of the community and not just ignore us because we dont play JB or mafia or whatever.

I will also say some people are harder to understand and get along with in the vets than others, but everyone is a nice person at heart. Once you get to know them. No one is a bad cunt.

I will say I think community interaction is at all time high, I like most of the new people, Im getting along with them, they are getting along with me, making friends and I see lots of others doing the same so it all good!

If Im honest, its nice to see OB booming again. But baby steps yeah, we are old, not so filled with all that enthusiasm and happiness, but I think most people will come round and warm to you guys. For vets who dont like some of the newer members, please just avoid them, IE mute and block on TS so as not to cause friction, avoid baiting people who should know better than to bite and avoid trolling as well because it gives us all a bad name as paradox so intelligently puts it. I for one have to tried to cut down on my sarcastic forum posting.

Peace.

Edited by Guest

Again I dont wanna generalize everyone and stereotype you but there's no other way.

W a t.

What logic is that

So yeah im gonna say, in the beginning there was a bit of friction between vets and new members. You have to understand, we have all seen a massive jailbreak community, been a very active part of it, almost every single vet was a mod or admin at one time, experienced everything you have, then we watch it decline slowly, more and more people peeling off, the servers died, everyone left and we were left for about a year with just us. A group of around 10-15 that have kept it going, for a year. I think its hard for newer people to really grasp what its like, to been around that long. To have seen so many people come and go. Then for all these new people to start flooding in, changing stuff, we get protective over it and sometimes we act like dicks admittedly.

As a result we arnt going to bust our balls getting to know everysingle new person, thats why I always like to judge newer blood of how willing they are to take that step and come and talk to us vets. Its difficult I know but I think it shows willingness to get to know all branches of the community and not just ignore us because we dont play JB or mafia or whatever.

I will also say some people are harder to understand and get along with in the vets than others, but everyone is a nice person at heart. Once you get to know them. No one is a bad cunt.

I will say I think community interaction is at all time high, I like most of the new people, Im getting along with them, they are getting along with me, making friends and I see lots of others doing the same so it all good!

If Im honest, its nice to see OB booming again. But baby steps yeah, we are old, not so filled with all that enthusiasm and happiness, but I think most people will come round and warm to you guys. For vets who dont like some of the newer members, please just avoid them, IE mute and block on TS so as not to cause friction, avoid baiting people who should know better than to bite and avoid trolling as well because it gives us all a bad name as paradox so intelligently puts it. I for one have to tried to cut down on my sarcastic forum posting.

Peace.

It's hard not to generalize when you enter a teamspeak channel with 10 people whom none I know by voice. You generalize aswell by saying new people it's something you cant not do if you don't know everyone.

I wan't to add that it's hard for an outsider to get into a channel filled with strange people who are actively talking to each other to participate if they personality traits dont allow for that. I'm not someone who is going to actively talk to someone or partake in group conversations if I dont have a personal bond with them, but whenever I get to know someone better I'll open up more and be comfortable.

The OG group has a very distinctive conversation flow that I as an outsider feel intrusive of disturbing by actively contributing unless I know some of the people. I might have been harsh by saying entitled and generalizing and I'll appologize for that.

Sorry but to me anyone who has been around for less than a year is new in my eyes. Thats not a generalization. Im also not saying its a bad thing at all, everybody was new at one point. If you dont think you can contribute to our conversations thats absolutely fine. Nobody is forcing you to interact with us, I just ask you not to slate us as a group, using the same clumsy big brush as you have done in this thread and many others in the past without knowing or considering the big picture.

Whenever I've been in a channel with older members people argue really loudly, talk over each other and it's just unpleasant for me, I get some people might like it but I don't. This might sound like a generalisation and it probably is, but theres no other way for me to put it then that.

I just couldn't stop myself from answering this but, when have they been like that? I mean, we all have our moments sometimes in which we just lose our heads, but for less than a minute. And talking over each other? Honestly, I don't think in the last months someone has talked over someone else unless they're obviously muted by the one talking. Don't make shit up please.

And talking about the inevitable stereotyping, I guess you are racist and think that every homosexual has aids too? Come on.