Sign in to follow this  
Gunstar

Outbreak Logo Contest [Prize: OB Mousepad + 2000 Creds]

Hey guys, so basically we are looking for a new logo, and are open to some community made logos for consideration - this means it won't necessarily be the logo for sure. To spice it up, I will be making this a contest [it's open to everyone!] and to make it worth your while, throw in a nice prize [A Mousepad with your logo printed on it + 2000 Credits], however I am expecting proper and serious logos in return!

Rules:

- Logos should use vector graphics or it should at least be resizable without becoming pixelated.

- It should be in a typical logo size [search logo sizes for examples]

- It must not be a pre existing logo! We don't want to copy someone else's logo! However you can take bits [not whole logos] from other logos for yours.

- There isn't a specific colour scheme we want, you can use any colours for this as long as it doesn't look retarded - I will let you be the judge.

- It should ideally have OB or Outbreak Community [our name] on the logo

Winner will be chosen after discussion with Sir Conor. [Please note if we don't like any of the logos we will not be giving prizes to anyone]

Examples of Acceptable logos:

RNrl4mh.png

OutbreakLogo2PurpleSmallHornsybr.png

Scourge_Outbreak_White_Logo.jpg

[To show we also accept Text logos as long as they are super sexy]

Examples of Unacceptable logos:

AIDS2014_logo_400x400-300x300.jpg

PnEIRMz.png

14234074198016.png

Warning: Shitty/Troll logo posts will be deleted based on our discretion! (Includes but not limited to: Illuminaty references, memes, logos unrelated to ob, inappropriate/vulgar etc.)

Contest end date hasn't been decided yet, will probably depend on how many entries we get. You can post more than 1 logo if you want. This thread will not have discussions/debates about logo removals or why the current logo should stay, thank you. Enjoy Paint-ing/photoshopping etc! :grin1:

Why you do this when I just started to rebrand all the maps?

Soz Skeffy, we actually had this planned for quite some time now, hope it won't be that bad for you,it will probably be a while before we change the logo maybe end of this year/next year and it's fine, your maps can have the old logo as a tribute.

Okay I shall bear this in mind and rebrand again once the new logo is out, it won't be too hard because I can just replace the file & recompile.

If I am honest I quite liked what WinDem created for us a while back.

It had elements of both the old and new logos, which I feel are still relevant.

OBlogo_zps5f030725.png

Edit: older logos for anyone who wants inspiration

OlAZlqR.jpg

bafa9f3c51.jpg

Can we post multiple logos btw?

Yes I mentioned you can post more than 1 logo. :smile1:

Also, if the prizes do not appeal to you don't worry, we might be able to work something out for you, for example, skins instead of credits, t-shirt with ob logo or more credits instead of mousepad etc. we are quite flexible on that as long as the logo you make is super good!

Even if you think you aren't that good, just have a go anyway for fun and who knows it could win :yay:

When I think about "Outbreak" I see an outburst kind of thing, like 2 opposing forces colliding(like a rebellion or revolution). Also keeping in mind the gray tone of the previous logos, I made these. I ain't good with Fonts and their colors :c

I think this one is the better one as it has the bars(prison bars?) like in the other logos.

PBYsJhW.png

In other fonts

KaJ4ZNk.png

QH3yKoB.png

hYya3ok.png

gaffeR said:
I think the whole site needs a complete turn over, it's dark as fuck has been for ever and trying to read out side is impossible.

We have actually got a forum update on its way which can briefly be seen here, though in general we can make the site somewhat fit to the logo - it's just that in the past we haven't had flamboyant colours as part of our logos and tbh I don't think that needs to change massively (nothing wrong with a bit of colour, but slightly darker stuff is just the OB colour scheme kinda).