Sign in to follow this  
Eraser

Work

Been working as a bookseller in the Edinburgh George Street branch of Waterstones for almost 3 years now.

00004693-940x750.jpeg

blurry picture of my work :)

I am a senior bookseller these days and mostly manage the sci-fi and fantasy section.

Here you can see one of the front window displays I put in for the Edinburgh book festival :)

UW2Qccs.png

Been working as a bookseller in the Edinburgh George Street branch of Waterstones for almost 3 years now.

00004693-940x750.jpeg

blurry picture of my work :)

I am a senior bookseller these days and mostly manage the sci-fi and fantasy section.

Here you can see one of the front window displays I put in for the Edinburgh book festival :)

UW2Qccs.png

I remember when you had the interview about that and you were asking for help ;)

I work for Waitrose full time (well, seasonal full time) so nothing fascinating. The discount is good, I got a macbook with 12% off from John Lewis

Been trying to get job for over 2 years now, even got rejected by mcdonalds twice... Might try that new grand central in birmingham.

How do you get rejected by McDonalds? Twice!

I knew someone who once got rejected by McDonalds, basically imagining you to be him now. Not a good thing, step it up bro.

Anyways I work for a callcenter, going to do the work for a year then I'll move on to study again. Time goes fast with the work, people that call are crazy. Thank god I've had plenty experience talking to braindead people on JB, if you can command as a CT you'll be able to do my job basically.

I am a Fire Sprinkler Engineer

I got some pics because some people are quite curious as what i do,

The pictures are of a "Sprinkler Systems Pump house" which is basically the brains of the system, without it the system wouldn't work. Which wouldn't help considering its to put out fires.

So Basically this is how it starts, this is the Architects drawing which basically tell us where to install.

2s9rgoo.jpg

And now the installation, So the big valves you see weigh 100kg each! and there is a Diesel pump and an electric pump which you can see there.

qqtvux.jpg

2rzt9at.jpg

358b3bb.jpg

nn0fat.jpg

mb239t.jpg

qz2fjq.jpg

iwt4hw.jpg

Initiation Board, for Testing Pumps when sprinkler system is fully installed, which we made today and mounted.

v46m8z.jpg

This is a very small aspect of my job, but 1 of my favourites.

Anyways I work for a callcenter, going to do the work for a year then I'll move on to study again. Time goes fast with the work, people that call are crazy. Thank god I've had plenty experience talking to braindead people on JB, if you can command as a CT you'll be able to do my job basically.

LoL, do you have any interesting conversations you want to share with us? Would love to read it. :lol:

LoL, do you have any interesting conversations you want to share with us? Would love to read it. :lol:

Nothing too crazy. Today a lady called and asked me how to reset her modem. I explained her she had to go to her modem and press a button on it.

She: "BUT I CAN'T GET TO MY MODEM"

Me: "Well I can't help you to get to the modem, I can only tell you which button to press."

She: "WELL I CAN SEE IT, THERE'S LIKE 20 METRES OF CABLE ON IT YOU LEFT IT THAT WAY"

Me: "Well I'm not sure who left it like that, I'm just here to answer questions"

She: "I'M GOING TO CANCEL MY SUBSCRIPTION, WHAT KIND OF SERVICE IS THIS"

Or this one lady once, she was a customer with a competitor. She called us (clearly wrong number or whatever) she started shouting when I explained to her I wasn't able to help her and she should call the company she's with.

Any ways you get a lot of people who get mad about nothing at all, luckily I'm used to that. Don't work there so long now (3rd week) so a lot more stories will be gathered the next year.

One thing is very clear so far, there's 3 kind of people:

-Those who know what they're doing

-Those who don't know what they're doing

-Those who are lazy as fuck

Also some co-workers are really retarded and only make your job more difficult by lying to customers (unintentionally usually). Best customers are those who badmouth my colleagues when they did a shitty job but then tell me I did great.

Not that thrilling.

I'm a med student so I go on residencies? ( idk if thats the correct word in english, but basicly I go help as an assistent during the year to " learn" ) it's quite nice besides the gross shit you sometimes see. I also teach First Aid/Basic life support to other students.

In the summer I'm a lifeguard which is way less glamorous than what you imagine it to be. Or not imagine. It's just standing on a beach looking at old ( not hot ) people and children. But it pays well. And you have a boat. Boat.

BOOOOAAAAAATTTT.

I am a placement developer at a software company.

I wouldn't say I'm ecstatic about the work however it could be much worse, then again it could be much much better. Either way it'll be a good year of work under my belt.

This is the company website, however it doesn't really show much about the product. Basically project management website. http://www.unionsquaresoftware.com/

I'm a Duty Manager at Iceland, whenever I mention the name people laugh

I guess I can share a quick story, may as well.

Working on the shop floor refilling shit as I do, guy comes up to me and says "excuse me mate, is this vegetarian" and he diverts my attention to the MEAT FEAST pizza in his hands, I really couldn't tell if he was serious or not, but he was deadly serious, since I've started working there my faith in humanity is completely fucking lost.