Sign in to follow this  
AlmightyJosh

A certain c word.....

Ok , this has been bugging me all day, Talking about cancer is not funny. People are starting to push the limits with it. Telling someone to go die of cancer or whising death upon a family member is just sick and twisted. Who in the right name of mind would wish cancer upon someone's family?. I know some have lost people to cancer and that are kinda getting annoyed with people speaking about it like Its a joke. Its vile and disgusting. You wouldnt wish death upon someone IRL because you know its wrong and inhuman like.

Personally I lost my grandfather when I was 13 and never got to say goodbye.

Some people don't understand what its like to loose someone you care about yet other people go around using the word like punctuation.

OB treats racism very seriously as everyone is eqaul no matter what their background is.

So why don't we introduce a rule to stop this disgusting vile behavior and using of this c word. I know some people will laugh, but IDC. I know some people will tell me " well that'd the internet for you" and I agree. Gaming community's are turning toxic and we need to stop it.

Thanks for taking time to Read.

Sorry for spelling, its very late for me

I lost my aunt whom I loved when I was 10 to cancer but I don't take things seriously, not that it's a bad thing for you to do.

If someone is personally attacking you or your family, that's understandable, but try not to let passing comments get to you.

If we banned every person for saying offensive comments on the server, we'd be in a bad place.

We have been known to ban people for saying things like this before, but they are generally toxic players who have a reputation for it and already on thin ice.

If you believe someone is consistently being an arsehole, best to report it to an admin.

TRIGGER WARNING: ABLEISM, TRANSPHOBIA, SELF HARM, MEMES, TRUTH

Ok , this has been bugging me all day, Talking about cancer is not funny.

In an essence you're completely right, talking about cancer isn't funny. However, cancer jokes are. Who are you to police humour? Giving cancer or any other similar topic a 'shield' demanding no one ever makes fun of or jokes around it is ridiculous, it only serves to demean the victims, not protect them.

People are starting to push the limits with it. Telling someone to go die of cancer or whising death upon a family member is just sick and twisted. Who in the right name of mind would wish cancer upon someone's family?. I know some have lost people to cancer and that are kinda getting annoyed with people speaking about it like Its a joke. Its vile and disgusting. You wouldnt wish death upon someone IRL because you know its wrong and inhuman like.

The displeasure you're expressing here has nothing to do with cancer, it's harassment. If you are unhappy with someone's behaviour or actions and feel they are being toxic then you can submit a ban request here.People that set out to seriously upset others in any way violates our rules and is not on, ban requests will be treated seriously but require evidence, if someone is legitimately bullying or harassing someone else through Teamspeak text posts then logs can be checked but otherwise evidence is required. If this is on the server then you can record a demo or take a screenshot (as laid out in this thread). No one advocates bullying here, we do however advocate fair treatment, censorship rules are not fair treatment.

Personally I lost my grandfather when I was 13 and never got to say goodbye.

Some people don't understand what its like to loose someone you care about yet other people go around using the word like punctuation.

This doesn't entitle you to special treatment, I assume it was to cancer, you didn't say. Should we ban the mention of every illness or safety risk just in case someone has lost a friend or family member to it? We'd be left with a startlingly small vocabulary.

OB treats racism very seriously as everyone is eqaul no matter what their background is.

So why don't we introduce a rule to stop this disgusting vile behavior and using of this c word. I know some people will laugh, but IDC. I know some people will tell me " well that'd the internet for you" and I agree. Gaming community's are turning toxic and we need to stop it.

You cannot compare racism to cancer jokes. Have cancer patients suffered a history of systematic disenfranchisement and dehumanization? People die, frequently, every second. Every death, regardless of context, is a tragedy. Banning words because of this worsens the problem and is just plain dumb.

I think what he's trying to say, is to take jokes with a degree of caution. There is always someone who will find the joke offensive because normally a joke is at someone ELSE'S expense/misfortune.

All I can say is, when wanting to say a joke/joke around on the server/forum/teamspeak just keep in mind who your joke might upset or offend. So I'm not saying ban things outright - just be considerate to your friends/other players.

I think what he's trying to say, is to take jokes with a degree of caution. There is always someone who will find the joke offensive because normally a joke is at someone ELSE'S expense/misfortune.

All I can say is, when wanting to say a joke/joke around on the server/forum/teamspeak just keep in mind who your joke might upset or offend. So I'm not saying ban things outright - just be considerate to your friends/other players.

If it's a honest joke people shouldn't get offended, only giant pussies do that in my opinion.

There's a difference between harassment/insults disguised as a joke, that should be dealt with.

Also how he uses his grandfathers death as an excuse to complain about it is pathetic in my opinion, he should just stick to the facts and not use his grandfathers dead as a cheap trick.

If you feel as if person is abusing of one another, then it falls under the rule of being abusive towards other players.

And if you want to do something about this make a ban/mute/gag whatever request.

It will not only help others but also maintain the server from future problems.

I am not implying that mods won't do anything about it, it's just something personally I don't keep an eye on at times because I find it rare to encounter on the server. It also depends on the severity of the word, some might just mean it as a joke and really I've never seen anyone complain about

I do know where you are coming from, I made a thread about people being homophobic on the server, and really it got nowhere, that's because it is already included/counted as being disrespectful towards others.

Exactly daffy. And where did I say ban people who talk about cancer? A mute does the trick

Do you mean that anyone who talks about cancer should be muted?

Threads like these have been made before and the same response will be given. It doesn't matter what kind of abuse is given to people on the server, it'll be dealt with. It's easy enough for us to tell when someone is joking or hurling abuse at someone. I agree that said jokes directed at someone should be dealt with, though.

Having said that, it's the internet. You should just take it with a pinch of salt if someone is talking/joking about cancer and yes, I agree that it's not a topic to joke about and admins should give a warning followed by a mute. Having said this, we aren't going to go ahead and make a rule for one person, we have a rule which states no abuse which covers enough area.

Talking about cancer is not something that warrants a punishment.

I think wishing cancer upon someone is not very nice obviously and I would warn the user if I saw them use it straight away, but again it will depend on the situation and in what way it was meant. But I don't mind it when ppl say "The server is cancerous atm" or "I am getting cancer" from that mic spam etc.

If you're going to get offended by people on the internet, then you shouldn't be on here.

I know that cancer isn't a subject to be joking with but if you tread lightly and make a few jokes every now and then I'm sure no one will care.