Sign in to follow this  
Absolute

CSGO roles! :)

I don't think I would fully fit into any of these categories xD

It all depends on my day, have I warmed up etc.

Half the time I rush in first, deal lots of damage to everyone, die and get lots of assists.

Other times I bait my team out and get all the kills...

And at times I run around quickscoping everyone with an AWP...

So yeah. It all depends on my mood really :P

You're sort of right Chris but some teams do have very clear cut roles.

The majority of teams will split across the map and work for an entry frag in their designated spot, and if it comes, work off of that.

If the opposition has good usage of nades to delay picks and plays a passive setup, on some teams you can easily tell roles.

NiP

Friberg: Entry

F0rest: Entry, 2nd

Xizt: IGL

Allu: Primary AWP

GTR: Lurk - but will join a site execution if NiP lose early advantage

Other teams it's not as clear cut.

Na'vi - I've had people try and tell me that Seized is the designated lurker. Personally for me it's Edward, if they do a strat which involves a back stab, like a mid round site execution.

The old Envy effectively had three entry fraggers - Kio, NBK and Shox. Smithzz could have been called the primary AWPer, but there were times when Happy and even Shox picked it up more than him.

Fnatic have no primary AWP in my opinion. JW doesn't pick it up anywhere close to as much as he used to, he's the best on the team for sure, but the spots Olof plays on CT allows him to pick it up as much.

Roles are a hard thing to talk about. Pro players in interviews have acknowledged what their role within the team is and the community seems pretty adamant. Teams are constantly evolving though. It's all about who's feeling it on the day. If allu isn't feeling the AWP in the group stage of Cologne obviously they'll try and 5 rifle or put f0rest on primary AWP. If friberg's aim is completely off they won't rely on him to site execute first in the grand final of a major. The best teams are the ones where they have a second or even third person who can take over the role of the main roler.

You're sort of right Chris but some teams do have very clear cut roles.

The majority of teams will split across the map and work for an entry frag in their designated spot, and if it comes, work off of that.

If the opposition has good usage of nades to delay picks and plays a passive setup, on some teams you can easily tell roles.

NiP

Friberg: Entry

F0rest: Entry, 2nd

Xizt: IGL

Allu: Primary AWP

GTR: Lurk - but will join a site execution if NiP lose early advantage

Other teams it's not as clear cut.

Na'vi - I've had people try and tell me that Seized is the designated lurker. Personally for me it's Edward, if they do a strat which involves a back stab, like a mid round site execution.

The old Envy effectively had three entry fraggers - Kio, NBK and Shox. Smithzz could have been called the primary AWPer, but there were times when Happy and even Shox picked it up more than him.

Fnatic have no primary AWP in my opinion. JW doesn't pick it up anywhere close to as much as he used to, he's the best on the team for sure, but the spots Olof plays on CT allows him to pick it up as much.

Roles are a hard thing to talk about. Pro players in interviews have acknowledged what their role within the team is and the community seems pretty adamant. Teams are constantly evolving though. It's all about who's feeling it on the day. If allu isn't feeling the AWP in the group stage of Cologne obviously they'll try and 5 rifle or put f0rest on primary AWP. If friberg's aim is completely off they won't rely on him to site execute first in the grand final of a major. The best teams are the ones where they have a second or even third person who can take over the role of the main roler.

There's a difference between pro games and the casual Matchmaking OB plays, roles in our environment are most certainly not healthy. Pros don't know shit, this is obvious from the fact that some of them play on 4:3.