Sign in to follow this  
Gunstar

OB Computer Scientists!

I'm no expert on computer science, but does nobody use Windows 8? I use it, it takes a while to get used to but it is very smooth when you do. It is also very convenient I find and relatively simple.

Very few people use it who actually program. It has a good GUI for mobile and touch devices, but not for desktops.

I'm no expert on computer science, but does nobody use Windows 8? I use it, it takes a while to get used to but it is very smooth when you do. It is also very convenient I find and relatively simple.

I use Windows 8, I thought it would be too similar to a ipad where you have apps and stuff, but it's actually not that bad, its really easy to get used to, prefer it over windows 7 tbh. Although the "Start" button page/home page is completely useless for PC users lol, never used it

They don't use Windows 9 because during Q&A it was found a lot of applications worked out which OS to use by looking at the start of the naming string, so, if the string started with "Windows 9..." it was assumed to be Windows 97 or before. See:

http://www.extremetech.com/computing/19 ... -windows-9

Nice Find.

I've just finished my second year of uni doing computer science & I'm about to start a year placement. I know an assortment of languages such as C# with XNA, java, C++, python and turbo pascal and I like this thread.

Windows 10 could be good, they've said they've brought back a lot of windows 7 things so I might give it a trial on my laptop, however from the fact they aren't doing anymore windows versions we have speculated they could create a subscription based OS which would lead to the fall of windows, a slight rise in mac OS & a large increase in Linux users. All speculation ofc.

Wtf skeff finished 2nd year of Uni? We need to talk sometime about ur experiences, as someone whos about to go to Uni in a few months, wud like to know how the comp sci course is, pressure etc. Please PM if u see me online :o

Gunstar said:
Wtf skeff finished 2nd year of Uni? We need to talk sometime about ur experiences, as someone whos about to go to Uni in a few months, wud like to know how the comp sci course is, pressure etc. Please PM if u see me online ?

+1 to that

Edited by The Untainted One

Uni is piss easy

Just drink every time someone says "get it down you fresher"

That's first year done

Everything after that you will pick up along the way

+1

I wish I drank more in first year... And a little less in second :D

Sure I can answer any questions about pressure because I've had a lot of that, 5 pieces of coursework had to be handed in around 10 days of each other, that wasn't fun.

That is absolutely amazing :o

However, the GIF is 5.3MB, which means I have no chance of loading it.

Why? Do you have a potato system? anyway, u watched the vid right? It's awesome, hopefully I can see one in person xO

That is absolutely amazing :o

However, the GIF is 5.3MB, which means I have no chance of loading it.

Why? Do you have a potato system? anyway, u watched the vid right? It's awesome, hopefully I can see one in person xO

Great computer, crap internet. I get 1 down and 0.05 up on a good day. Hence why I have to make great use of AWS.