Sign in to follow this  
Fluxy

Nostalgia thread

So I thought I might start this off, see how it goes, feel free to lock it if it turns into spam.

So while I sit here, pretty pissed off cheap white wine in my uni halls dreading what tomorrow brings, I think back to the good old days of OB and jailbreak. So I want everybody to answer these few questions and have a merry old nostalgic gang bang.

When did you start playing: August 2012

Who was on trail at the same time as you (bonds were formed here) : Mark Annable, AdverturetimeMang, Evoleteh, xtremepainkiller, and Wist.

What was happening in the community when you first joined: Tiny and Gumz just made mod, the Outbreak community youtube video event thing with Twists terrible acting.

Name one person you wish still played but stopped: Gumzter/No Good/Jasper the Hamster (I SAID ONE OK)

One of your favoutite OB moments: Either the whole RIOT trainwreck, or deamonics ban reason "you mad potato salad dotcom."

When did you start playing: January 2013

Who was on trial at the same time as you: Vitamin C, Rami

What was happening the community when you first joined: General JB I guess, I didn't really catch up on gossip or what not until months later. I was living the high life of an innocent, ignorant boi who was becoming addicted to being commanded in a game ...

Name one person you wish still played but stopped : I have a lot for this one, 3 of which Fluxy said...though if I had to go with one, I'd have to go with Wayne Dwake

One of your favourite OB Moments: When we had almost a server full of players and led by the almighty Biggles and Tiny, we chanted 'One of us' as we shift walked or crouched towards the confused, helpless CTs...who would later be haunted in their sleep. Followed by more rounds of coordinated, hilarious rebelling.

When did you start playing: Late 2012 sometime.

Who was on trial at the same time as you: Some people. Lambo being one.

What was happening the community when you first joined: People were keening out on JB.

Name one person you wish still played but stopped : Polishman, Daemonic. But srsly, Jake.

One of your favourite OB Moments: Raping every trivia round with Jake/Tiny. That's it though really. The past is the past xoxo gossip venga #WISE #DEEP

When did you start playing: Begin 2013 or so

Who was on trial at the same time as you: ... dunno :p

What was happening the community when you first joined: Still went trough couple of months of JB while it was populated as fuck.

Name one person you wish still played but stopped : NoGood/Gumzter/Wayne

One of your favourite OB Moments: Raiding TMF servers with 15 people from OB was a fun moment. And some tinychats i wont forget :lol:

When did you start playing: Blaze JB: 2010 ish, OB: 2012

Who was on trial at the same time as you: Trial? huehuehue (I played for like 6 months without applying )

What was happening the community when you first joined: Populated servers and people not bored of JB.

Name one person you wish still played but stopped :

One of your favourite OB Moments: Swiping kids under rugs.

trail

So I thought I might start this off, see how it goes, feel free to lock it if it turns into spam.

So while I sit here, pretty pissed off cheap white wine in my uni halls dreading what tomorrow brings, I think back to the good old days of OB and jailbreak. So I want everybody to answer these few questions and have a merry old nostalgic gang bang.

Who was on trail at the same time as you (bonds were formed here) : Mark Annable, AdverturetimeMang, Evoleteh, xtremepainkiller, and Wist.

What was happening in the community when you first joined: Tiny and Gumz just made mod, the Outbreak community youtube video event thing with Twists terrible acting.

Name one person you wish still played but stopped: Gumzter/No Good/Jasper the Hamster (I SAID ONE OK)

One of your favoutite OB moments: Either the whole RIOT trainwreck, or deamonics ban reason "you mad potato salad dotcom."

This post has overloaded the correctional capabilities of a mere mortal with a phone but the issues will be addressed when I can access a desktop computer. As will my nostalgia.

So while I sit here, pretty pissed off cheap white wine in my uni halls, dreading what tomorrow brings, I think back to the good old days of OB and jailbreak. So I want everybody to answer these few questions and have a merry old nostalgic gang bang.

Who was on trial at the same time as you (bonds were formed here) : Mark Annable, AdverturetimeMang, Evoleteh, xtremepainkiller, and Wist. (Please decide if you are going to use the Oxford comma or not. Thank you.)

What was happening in the community when you first joined: Tiny and Gumz had just made mod, the Outbreak community youtube video event thing with Twist's terrible acting.

One of your favoutite OB moments: Either the whole RIOT trainwreck, or deamonic's ban reason, "you mad potato salad dotcom."

Problems with possessives and consistent poor use of comma. Please reacquaint yourself with past-perfect form, as you forgot the past-participle 'had'. The corrections have been bolded.

However, I'l require Jack's expertise. I think we'll have to discuss whether or not 'so' is an acceptable way to open a sentence.

Many thanks,

Venga

Christmas Grammar Intern, Asst. to Jak

When did you start playing: October 2012

Who was on trail at the same time as you (bonds were formed here) : Scrooge, Keiji, Nunjah

What was happening in the community when you first joined: I had no idea, but when i started to get into the community the surf server came out and we had some good surf fun

Name one person you wish still played but stopped: No Good/I am bing/Blue eyes/Doomblade

One of your favourite OB moments: All the Ts stopping as if they had disconnected and emzy being such a clever person headshoting us all.

Mass suicide was always good

When did you start playing: May - August 2012. (I seriously ain't got a clue.)

Who was on trail at the same time as you (bonds were formed here): VENGA!!!

What was happening in the community when you first joined: Regular Jailbreak, but, was so much better than any other jailbreak. Wasn't so strict & everyone was just having a laugh. - I made hide & seek & meep knife so popular!!

Name one person you wish still played but stopped: Me. =( Just grew bored of Counter Strike to be honest.

One of your favourite OB moments: Obviously, being the king of Hide & Seek for starters. Always dominating at Meep knife always. I'm a master.

When did you start playing: Fuck knows

Who was on trail at the same time as you (bonds were formed here) : What was a trial

What was happening in the community when you first joined: Thought they were making a movie and directing what they do

Name AS MANY people you wish still played but stopped: Dyer, Fuel, Liam, Jackass, Jinx, Kriss, Tpage, Lmc, Bambi etc

One of your favourite VD moments:

-Everyone on Voodoo rebelling so hard that someone broken their headset and never returned to VD, making VD informally known as the CT training grounds.

- Picking holes in every single command

- Any time Kriss commanded ever

- Convincing this kid that he made Rob (Blaze owner) commit suicide because he declined his offer of admin

Many many more

Who was on trial at the same time as you (bonds were formed here) : Jake, Puss in Boots, Dawg and Gaz

What was happening in the community when you first joined: Not much really, a fairly fresh community with a good set of rules and no grudges or enemies.

Name one persons you wish still played but stopped: Tweep, Tiny, Wayne

One of your favourite OB moments: Recognising Tiny's voice and knowing that it was infact Luke Smith from school, Applying for mod and genuinely believing that I had a chance. Just laughing at Tweep's commanding style, the way he used to freeze everyone just to remind people of one rule. Reminding people that the rule of 'after 30 seconds it's a freeday' was never a thing and was a load of TMF shit. (At least it was when I joined) Cheating on Training camp final.

Getting involved with TeamSpeak and getting to know people as real people rather than just 'those freaks on the internet'. And many many more things.

OB is great and has entertained me for many hours and I hope that it keeps doing that for many more.

When did you start playing: June 2012

Who was on trial at the same time as you (bonds were formed here) : marshmallow fluff and inmylife

What was happening in the community when you first joined: All I remember was total and tweep were bumboys and i used to give them shit for it

Name one person you wish still played but stopped: bubba, jasper da hamsta and bing, more than likely more who im forgetting

One of your favourite OB moments: Far too many to list but the RIOT trolling sticks out the most

When did you start playing: Fuck knows

Who was on trail at the same time as you (bonds were formed here) : What was a trial

What was happening in the community when you first joined: Thought they were making a movie and directing what they do

Name AS MANY people you wish still played but stopped: Dyer, Fuel, Liam, Jackass, Jinx, Kriss, Tpage, Lmc, Bambi etc

One of your favourite VD moments:

-Everyone on Voodoo rebelling so hard that someone broken their headset and never returned to VD, making VD informally known as the CT training grounds.

- Picking holes in every single command

- Any time Kriss commanded ever

- Convincing this kid that he made Rob (Blaze owner) commit suicide because he declined his offer of admin

Many many more

If you miss voodoo so much why don't you just take outbreak and turn it into the new voodoo? :P